It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cloud ship' scheme to deflect the sun's rays is favourite to cut global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The "cloud ships" are favoured among a series of schemes aimed at altering the climate which have been weighed up by a leading think-tank. The project, which is being worked on by rival US and UK scientists, would see 1,900 wind-powered ships ply the oceans sucking up seawater and spraying minuscule droplets of it out through tall funnels to create large white clouds.

How about we all agree on weather or not this is a man made problem and not a natural cycle before we start poking mother nature in the eye with a sharp stick. It just reminds me of some idiot introducing an otherwise non-indigenous creature to an area to combat an existing issue. It never ends up helping and almost always ends in a disastrous outcome. I may be in the minority, but after actually looking at things like data and charts, I came to the conclusion that there have been numerous time the past where our planet has warmed up and then cooled off. And this happened a bit before our industrial revolution. It is a crime how some idiots are using Global Warming as a tool to extort money form the incredibly stupid. There should be a law to protect these poor boneheads. If you are ready for a look at what our great think tanks are coming up with, look here

edit for spelling

[edit on 7-8-2009 by network dude]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 7-8-2009 by network dude]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Uhm, seems some people just will not accept change !
The change is unavoidable, nothing more, it is an natural event, and we cant do nothing !
just raid it out, puting more stuff 'uo there' dont help.

Mother Gaia knows what needs to be done, and she is taking care of it !!!

Or am I wrong !?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Wait, you're telling me that hundreds of years ago during the medieval warming period that they didn't have a cloudship to deflect the suns rays?

How on earth did they defeat this menace called "CLIMATE CHANGE" (Please note the changed name, no longer Global Warming), they must have used a cap and trade system for all the Co2 they weren't producing.

I like the analogy of introducing foreign species into a natural, local habitat. You should ask Australians how well that went with Cane Toads which were meant to destroy cane beetles.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hey I know, let's try...something...anything! It works great on paper (did I mention my brother-in-law owns a shipyard?).

Exercises in futility, all.

Of course the Earth has been through thousands of warming and cooling cycles. What's creating such a ruckus is that this is our warming cycle, it's affecting us.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Hey I know, let's try...something...anything! It works great on paper (did I mention my brother-in-law owns a shipyard?).

Exercises in futility, all.

Of course the Earth has been through thousands of warming and cooling cycles. What's creating such a ruckus is that this is our warming cycle, it's affecting us.

Is it affecting us as much as we are told to believe it is? Or is it our pollution and use of weapons such as HAARP that are creating the dangerous changes we witness?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Didn't Futurama come up with idea? Better send Matt Groening an endorsement check.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Is it affecting us as much as we are told to believe it is? Or is it our pollution and use of weapons such as HAARP that are creating the dangerous changes we witness?

1) So far it isn't affecting us much at all but it does seem to be happening.
2) Our pollution may (or may not) have something to do with it. HAARP is not a weapon, cannot, and does not affect climate.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
all these cloud ships will succeed in doing is making the dumbed down public believe in man made global warming even more.

It will be all over the news and people will be saying, "oh my god, must be serious!!"

They will spend hundreds of millions of dollars and many many years, then another ice age will happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

2) Our pollution may (or may not) have something to do with it. HAARP is not a weapon, cannot, and does not affect climate.

United States Patent: 4,686,605 (H.A.A.R.P)

The present invention provides a method and apparatus for altering at least one selected region which normally exists above the earth's surface. The region is excited by electron cyclotron resonance heating of electrons which are already present and/or artifically created in the region to thereby increase the charged particle energy and ultimately the density of the region.

In one embodiment this is done by transmitting circularly polarized electromagnetic radiation from the earth's surface at or near the location where a naturally-occurring dipole magnetic field (force) line intersects the earth's surface. Right hand circular polarization is used in the northern hemisphere and left hand circular polarization is used in the southern hemisphere. The radiation is deliberately transmitted at the outset in a direction substantially parallel to and along a field line which extends upwardly through the region to be altered. The radiation is transmitted at a frequency which is based on the gyrofrequency of the charged particles and which, when applied to the at least one region, excites electron cyclotron resonance within the region or regions to heat and accelerate the charged particles in their respective helical paths around and along the field line.

This invention has a phenomenal variety of possible ramifications and potential future developments. As alluded to earlier, missile or aircraft destruction, deflection, or confusion could result, particularly when relativistic particles are employed. Also, large regions of the atmosphere could be lifted to an unexpectedly high altitude so that missiles encounter unexpected and unplanned drag forces with resultant destruction or deflection of same. Weather modification is possible by, for example, altering upper atmosphere wind patterns or altering solar absorption patterns by constructing one or more plumes of atmospheric particles which will act as a lens or focusing device. Also as alluded to earlier, molecular modifications of the atmosphere can take place so that positive environmental effects can be achieved. Besides actually changing the molecular composition of an atmospheric region, a particular molecule or molecules can be chosen for increased presence. For example, ozone, nitrogen, etc. concentrations in the atmosphere could be artificially increased. Similarly, environmental enhancement could be achieved by causing the breakup of various chemical entities such as carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, nitrous oxides, and the like.

US PATENT 4,686,605

The patent itself says that it can be used as both a weapon and a tool for weather modification. With the ability to lift the atmosphere, and change the concentration of a variety of elements.

Perhaps I am confused.

High intensity, well controlled electrical fields can be provided in selected locations for various purposes. For example, the plasma sheath surrounding a missile or satellite could be used as a trigger for activating such a high intensity field to destroy the missile or satellite. Further, irregularities can be created in the ionosphere which will interfere with the normal operation of various types of radar, e.g., synthetic aperture radar. The present invention can also be used to create artificial belts of trapped particles which in turn can be studied to determine the stability of such parties. Still further, plumes in accordance with the present invention can be formed to simulate and/or perform the same functions as performed by the detonation of a "heave" type nuclear device without actually having to detonate such a device. Thus it can be seen that the ramifications are numerous, far-reaching, and exceedingly varied in usefulness.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by king9072]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
all these cloud ships will succeed in doing is making the dumbed down public believe in man made global warming even more.

It will be all over the news and people will be saying, "oh my god, must be serious!!"

They will spend hundreds of millions of dollars and many many years, then another ice age will happen.

that is my fear. In fact, that is even made to this level (a news article with pictures) is a bit disturbing. It can't be possible that TPTB are really that stupid and they are attempting to go through with this? I heard last month they wanted to introduce chemtrails to the clouds to block out the sun. The sun, you know that key ingredient to photosynthesis. I guess all those plants are emitting c02 and can't be taxed so they have to go.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

The patent is not for HAARP. It is for a "Method and apparatus for altering a region in the earth's atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere".

HAARP is a facility constructed to test the theory behind the patent.
From the patent documents (Note when it says "present invention", it means the invention which is the subject of the patent, not a physical prototype) :

Transmitter 16 is powered by power generator means 17 which is preferably comprised of one or more large, commercial electrical generators. Some embodiments of the present invention require large amounts of power, e.g., up to 10e9 to 10e11 watts, in continuous wave or pulsed power.

www.freepatentsonline.com...

That's 1,000 to 100,000 megawatts. That requires some pretty impressive power generating capacity. A reasonably sized nuclear reactor can put out about 1,000 megawatts. HAARP uses 3.6 megawatts.

Sometime in the future the research being carried out at HAARP might result in some of the things talked about in the patent but the facility itself is far from capable of doing any of them. The best it can do now is "heat" a small portion of the ionosphere directly above the installation.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The patent is not for HAARP. It is for a "Method and apparatus for altering a region in the earth's atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere".

HAARP is a facility constructed to test the theory behind the patent.
From the patent documents (Note when it says "present invention", it means the invention which is the subject of the patent, not a physical prototype) :

Transmitter 16 is powered by power generator means 17 which is preferably comprised of one or more large, commercial electrical generators. Some embodiments of the present invention require large amounts of power, e.g., up to 10e9 to 10e11 watts, in continuous wave or pulsed power.

www.freepatentsonline.com...

That's 1,000 to 100,000 megawatts. That requires some pretty impressive power generating capacity. A reasonably sized nuclear reactor can put out about 1,000 megawatts. HAARP uses 3.6 megawatts.

Sometime in the future the research being carried out at HAARP might result in some of the things talked about in the patent but the facility itself is far from capable of doing any of them. The best it can do now is "heat" a small portion of the ionosphere directly above the installation.

So they spent all that money building a useless facility?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Do you consider scientific research useless? Research about how the ionosphere is affected by the magnetosphere? Research about how geomagnetic storms can affect satellites and power systems?

If so then, yeah, I guess you would consider it useless.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

That sounds almost like something Wil E. Coyote would buy from a Acme catalogue. But either way, Climate Shifts have happend before. We either adapt or we die, it's the way of things. Or get the heck off this rock.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
By the way wouldn't spraying seawater in the air also free the CO2 dissolved into it? The same process is done to degas some lakes from CO2 which is dissolved in their waters in potentially dangerous amounts (in case of disaster). For example:

Lake Nyos

As you may know, I'm pro-CO2 and see its atmospheric increase over time as beneficial and not as a "natural disaster" (unless you consider prehistorical atmospheric composition and climate as a disaster as well), but I don't think that spraying seawater will result exactly in what originally intended...

[edit on 2009/8/8 by Shirakawa]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

S & F.

OK, send up the cloud ships and wait for it.

We have brilliant scientists on earth, but this theory is so stupid.

They are arrogant, these brilliant scientists - they think they can beat nature...they cannot.

Earth has lurched to and fro with ice ages etc - global warming may have been 'helped' along by manmade crap, but more manmade crap is certainly not going to help.

top topics

join