It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me locate the Colorado UFO Ranch?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here is the story...

link to entire story

The story begins in 1975 on a ranch situated in Elbert County in Colorado, in an area forming part of the Rocky Mountains. Jim, John and Barbara had together bought a dilapidated farm, abandoned for several years, in a pretty setting of prairies and forests and they had restored it in the space of three months. When strange phenomena began to occur they first thought it must be the work of jokers, but then their suspicions moved towards the military, rightly so, as we shall see throughout this work. However, perhaps we should say as usual, they finally settled on the extraterrestrial hypothesis, since the phenomena they had observed went far beyond the framework of their rational understanding and quite naturally pushed them in this direction. Increasingly traumatised, they eventually left their property, which no doubt was the goal pursued by the manipulators. We should immediately make clear at this point that their ranch overlooked a strategic zone of the US Air Force, an area perfectly visible from this height.

I've been trying forever to find the coordinates to this ranch and to possibly investigate it. However I cant seem to find any info on where it is at. I know its in Elbert County Colorado, and the family's name was the Evans Family. It supposedly is located near the Rocky Mountains, and overlooks either a military base or restricted zone.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

If you google "elbert county ranch" you get about ten ranches, I would just start from there, call each one if have to.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Gilliland Ranch

Covered in this story:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Gilliland Ranch is not in Colorado, it is in Washington, close to Mt. Adams.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I would look up a ranch possibly called the colorado ranch first.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Never heard of one in Colorado, but Robert Bigelow bought the one in Utah

prosites-aliendave.homestead.com...

Skinwalker Ranch article on Wikipedia has this note

* Elbert County, Colorado, where one family encountered strange aircraft, numerous Bigfoot sightings, cattle mutilations, mysterious voices and encounters with humanoids and flying vehicles as well as a strange small box which "stole a tree".[15]

en.wikipedia.org...

citation 15...
^ Good, Timothy: Alien Contact: Top-Secret UFO Files Revealed. Chapter 3: Colorado Breakthrough (Quill, 1994 ISBN 0-688-13510-2)

[edit on 7-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Where did i ever ask about Skinwalker Ranch or Gillian Ranch? Why would I want to know where either of these two very well publically know ranchs were? I specially asked for the EVANS RANCH in Colorado and provided a link. What most people on ATS dont realize is that this ranch supposedly had more activity than both Skinwalker and Gillians(a joke in my opinion) combined. The problem is although it was well documented in the 70's no one has revisted this ranch nor has an address been revealed to my knowledge. Sorry for the rant but I thought i was specific in my initial inquiry.

I also bought the Timothy Good book which provided no additional details regarding coordinates or a address.

btw i'm one of the major contributing editors for the skinwalker wiki page.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Well I would use some of those research skills and go through a system of deduction from the Google search I told you to use.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98What most people on ATS dont realize is that this ranch supposedly had more activity than both Skinwalker and Gillians(a joke in my opinion) combined.

Most likely because nothing pops up on the radar except that small mention on the Skinwalker link

Pardon us for trying... good luck on your search

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
np thanks for nothing.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Most likely because nothing pops up on the radar except that small mention on the Skinwalker link

Pardon us for trying... good luck on your search

that is completely and entirely NOT true. You think the only mention of this ranch is the wiki article?? This case was well known in the 70's. Actually the founders of Mufon first researched this ranch. You severely undestimate the prominance this case had, the problem is its over 30 years old!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
np thanks for nothing.

Oh yea that is how we REALLY get stuff done here, what a mature researcher you must be too?

I'll tell you what, if we are all so stupid why don't you do this yourself then and stop wasting some SERIOUS researchers time who humbly tried to help you. Some things, especially in this field are not easy to find, we tried and all you can do is be rude and obnoxious.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This ranch could be a very important find. I'll spend some time on Google Earth looking.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I was going to help out... but after the OP's attitude I'm deciding not to.

Being a smartass is no way to get help on this forum.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I know exactally where the Evans Ranch is although it is not known as that today. I drive by it every time I go from my ranch into the Denver valley.

At this time there is no known activity. It has been sold and turned into Yuppie mini-ranches. The original ranch house still stands and from what I can tell is used by a care taker for one of the better-healed owning one of the mini-ranches.

I had noticed 'strange' happenings in past years before the ranch was sold and turned into the mini-ranches although today that activity is gone. I guess the Yuppies scared them away with their McMansions many of which are now up for sale so maybe the SW will take over again.

The west portion of my ranch borders the old Evans ranch. Remember ranches are sections out here.

There is another SW ranch outside of Kiowa, CO I am attempting to locate. I have old charts and maps and notes from the original investigators.

Please keep in mind that this is CO ranching country and people do not take kindly to outsiders poking around. I live here and am slowly warming up to the other ranchers in the Kiowa area The Yuppies are hopeless to contact on the old Evans Ranch.

So stay tuned here and if I find anything I will post.

Please do not ask for more details, I'd hate to know that you were hurt or killed poking around these ranches. Ranchers do shoot first out here!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Sorry this took so long but it took time to dig into the research papers I have from the original investigators as they wrote in a code so the exact location could not be known.

The ranch area is located near the Elbert County Dump outside of Elizabeth, CO. It is now an abandoned Titan launch control facility and all below ground is mostly in tact. There was an incident about a year ago when a backhoe broke through one of the silo tops so for the time being the dump is closed due to the cleanup of the area.

The area in question is the surrounding area of that control facility and is populated. My ranch is a small section broke off the original huge section in the early 70's.

Lots of UFO activity was reported around the area and to an extent there is still some but not as much as there use to be when the control base was active.

There is a standing joke that Fondos is the entrance to the underground facility in the area but I have not found any evidence so far of any out of normal activity. It could all be closed up and served by a underground tunnel system by now so no need for above ground entry points.

A couple years ago I did notice a 'glowing object' over the area that was brightening and dimming at about a one-second rate. It remained stationary for about 15-minutes then slowly moved off to the east with a steady white glow. This was at dusk mid-fall 2010.

The general area is now in the approach pattern of DIA from the south and depending on their runway usage can become quite active. It is also an open fly zone for pilot practice and also low level military departure to the south from Buckley AFB.

If more comes up I will post but you can Google Map the Elbert County dump and then zoom out to see the area. Any area of interest to unknowns would have been the control base back in the time frame of the investigation.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the update LeslieV !!
Always nice when things get followed up on.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LeslieV

What I find interesting is there really isn't any sign of the dump being a dump. It's just a fenced-off area where the old silos are. Do they dump trash into the old silos?

Also, I was wondering if you found out the names of the original ranch owners. I was hoping to do some historical research using their names to see what popped up.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I googled evans ranch, co and a boatload of stuff came up.

You aren't still using Bing, are you?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I can't tell you where the ranch is, because I don't know the coordinates either. But, what I can tell you is that there is a secret base under the Denver International Airport that extends under the Rocky Mountain range. I just spent time in Denver visiting some friends, and they have lived there for most of their lives. They told me that the train system was originally built to shuttle people in and out of the base. One of the places that the Government has selected for our new Space Force base is Denver, and there has been a large increase in UFO sightings there recently. Just a coincidence?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join