It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish vs. Turtle (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I found this today and thought it was pretty cool. It shows 2 Emperor cichlid (fish) defending their eggs from a rather sizable terrapin (turtle). Wow, I would have thought that the victor would have been the opposite.

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I would have bet on the turtle as well, they are known to be quite aggressive.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This is most unsuprising. In fact, when I owned a turtle not long ago, my mother heard that they can eat fish on a turtle site. She bought two goldfish and put them in the turtle tank. She says that my turtle ate the small fish in one bite and the second one disappeared when she turned her back. I heard that turtles are one of the oldest living things, and there must be a reason for that...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleetlord
This is most unsuprising. In fact, when I owned a turtle not long ago, my mother heard that they can eat fish on a turtle site. She bought two goldfish and put them in the turtle tank. She says that my turtle ate the small fish in one bite and the second one disappeared when she turned her back. I heard that turtles are one of the oldest living things, and there must be a reason for that...

So you are saying that your turtle "won" that battle? In the video I refer to, the fish "won". Thus, surprising...at least to me.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Brilliant video. I know certain cichlids can be aggressive but the way it flipped the turtle and flipped it... Maybe it should have been Teenage Mutant Ninja Cichlids?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

That's a great video. I had not seen that before, but back in my college days I had heard stories of turtles catching birds in my herpetology class.

new topics

top topics

join