It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Ontario Serpent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Anyone ever hear or read accounts of supposed encounters with a nessie-like creature in this lake? A former flame claims that her father captured such a creature on film (albeit from a distance) whilst situated atop the Scarborough Bluffs, circa 1967 or 1968.

Anyone know of any other such claims, encounters associated with this lake?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
There are stories of lake monsters in almost any lake of any significat size....

www.pararesearchers.org...

That's just a link of Ontario lake monters...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
From the link above

In 1968 a Scarborough resident (east end of the GTA) saw a 20ft eel-like creature with a �mane of some sort� in the waters off Toronto.

Could that be the same person mentioned by you Zero.

Interesting indeed.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
From the link above

In 1968 a Scarborough resident (east end of the GTA) saw a 20ft eel-like creature with a �mane of some sort� in the waters off Toronto.

Could that be the same person mentioned by you Zero.

Interesting indeed.

This is the first I have heard of this any I live right by lake ontario in toronto. It's probably an urban myth stemming from some trash that looked like some sea creature. Lake Ontario is seriously poluted and the biggest thing ive seen living there was some 5 inch sickly looking sunfish. It would be cool though but I seriously doubt it.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeFriday
Anyone know of any other such claims, encounters associated with this lake?
Well, I have my origins around these freshwater lakes and I've heard stories from people. It is a story that is passed on that there is a giant snake that resides within these waters. I've heard people claim that they've seen it, as well, that there are tunnels around and underneath islands where this creature travels through to get far inland. I think it might be true although I've never seen it myself.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
That's all they are stories. I've lived near the lake all my life(around 18 years) and have seen lots a wierd stuff, even stuff that could have been a giant eel(i thought it was a dragon
), but my dad saw it too and he said it looked liked some solid sludge from the waste treatment plant which was horrible in the 80s (i was 5 at the time). As for why he thought it was sludge, well his friend when he was a teenager used to go swimming in the lake alot until one day he swam through this murky slimy greenish substance and about 2 weeks later lost ALL of his body hair. My point being there are alot of messed up things in the lake but I hate to dissapoint you they are all man made hazards they play tricks on the mind when the light is just right.

BTW I would love to be proven wrong so if you could post some links with some pictures I would love to seem them and who knows I have some connections at the University of Toronto who could look into it if there is anything into this even though I remain highly skeptical

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
maybe it's the one from Lake Erie.

Some info on the lake erie monster: www.monstertracker.com...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Some info on the lake erie monster: www.monstertracker.com...

What the heck is that small creature on that page. Found, stuffed, and on display but never identified?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There's a Lake Erie monster? Wow, I've been there probably over 100 times and I've never even heard of it. Oh well, I'm going there this summer, I'll look.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have heard of this mysterious creature and agree that almost every lake or large body of water, has it's own urban legend.
I have a book somewhere called Gateway to Oblivion....
You'll have to forgive me, as I've forgotten the author's name, ( also plz cut me some slack, it's my first post
).
I'll try and dig it up..maybe it contains more info on the Lake Ontario monster.
It has many cool and unexplained stories, which regard the Great Lakes as North America's - Bermuda Triangle.
Maybe someone else in here has the book, and actually knows where it is.

Mimic

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

My point being there are alot of messed up things in the lake but I hate to dissapoint you they are all man made hazards they play tricks on the mind when the light is just right.

I agree that there is alot of polution (hooray sarnia) and sludge and junk in the lake, but that doesn't explain the sightings from 200 years ago, from the early explorers and from the Native legends. Many of them being reported by groups of people.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
little off topic but this lake serpent stuff reminded me of this....a few years back we drove out to lake chautauqua and spent a few days there. One day, we rented a boat to water ski and what not. I saw something large swimming in the water. Too big to be a beaver. I drove the boat towards it and saw that it was a bear swimming across the lake. Something you don't see every day, at least I don't. All previous nights we would hang out in the woods that our cabin was in, build a fire, drink, etc, etc. That night we saw the bear though, we decided to stay in the cabin.

top topics

join