It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim leader wants Temple rebuilt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Muslim leader wants Temple rebuilt

www.wnd.com

An a historically unprecedented development, a famous Turkish Muslim leader and a prominent group of Israeli rabbis have joined together on one of their declared goals, to rebuild the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. Adnan Oktar, who uses the pen name of Harun Yahya, is a controversial but highly influential Muslim intellectual and author with over 65 million of his books in circulation worldwide. Oktar recently met with three representatives from the re-established Jewish Sanhedrin, a group of 71 Orthodox rabbis and scholars from Israel, to discuss how religious Muslims, Jews and Christians can wor
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/7/2009 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We sit on the precipice of yet another historic fulfillment of end time Bible prophecy. It's amazing how explicitly it is carried out while the agents of fulfillment remain oblivious that they are racing headlong into the period of time which is discussed more than any other time in the Bible, even more than the era when Jesus walked the streets of Jerusalem.

Coming soon...

" Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God." (2 Th 2:1-4)

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Netanyahu will Try to Rebuild the Jewish Temple

Correlations Between the Antichrist and the Islamic Mahdi

[edit on 8/7/2009 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Ok, now I can see, of course, why the rabbi's want it rebuilt... obviously.

What blows my mind is a group of Turkish Muslims wants the same thing????

I can not see why they would want that except, possibly:
To bring on the "end Times".
To bring another war to Israeli am sure surrounding countries would pop their pants at the thought of the temple being rebuilt. and I "DO" think it would lead to another war.

mind you it should not, but it will.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It will certainly signify the end of times if Muslims, Christians, and Jews start working together!!

I think it is great, but I can't help feeling there is some other motive at work?

Maybe everyone just wants to usher in the Biblical Prophecies and get it over with.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Great thread Bigwhammy. I think it will be a miracle in and of itself if the Jewish Temple is rebuilt. I know this is one touchy subject with Christians and Muslims alike. The only way I see something like this going down is if they divide Jerusalem. Which may be what happens.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I think they do want to bring on the "end times" - Iran's AmenJihad has expressed clearly that he sees himself as a conduit and that the world is supposed to be in a state of chaos when he Mahdi appears.

The other thing is that if it is Gods time - men will be compelled to act in accordance to the fulfillment of prophecy one way or another. God is sovereign. Eventually all that is written in His word will come to pass. Lately it has been escalating time wise.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
When I first read about this I thought it was one of the most bizarre developments in an era categorical weirdness.

I know on the Jewish side they have prepared all of the physical objects needed for the Temple from horns to harps to vessels of gold.

I suspect that this particular scholars opinion will go a long way to change Muslim opinion especially if the meme is let loose i.e., Rebuild the Temple so the Mahdi will arise." That is very potent stuff.

Evangelical Christians will strongly support the rebuilding of the Temple, but I imagine Orthodox Christians and Catholics will be very sceptical of the whole enterprise.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't think Oktar can be labelled "a famous Turkish muslim leader". He is a writer and an intellectual in some sense. He is mostly known for being a muslim creationnist.
Search his name, he is not the common guy. I doubt the significance of the meeting...

edit : anyways, I can find no reason why Turkish muslims would be opposed to the rebuilding of the Temple. The issue is a concern for Arab neighbours of Israel because of the Palestinians and the political issues related. Turkish are not Arabs and don't have this concern.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Manouche]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu vowed back in May

"Jerusalem was always ours and will always be ours. It will never again be partitioned and divided,"

www.jpost.com...

But maybe just maybe he would compromise to get the temple rebuilt! That would be the one carrot on a stick that might do the trick.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

True enough.......

Personally, I thin the only solution to this is to have Jerusalem to be a semi-independent country in a country.

I am thinking like the Vatican.

They have their own police/military..............

All religious groups allowed in and access their respective religious sites.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Its almost like that now isn't it? With check points, fences, and security everywhere looking for explosives etc.

I think its heading towards a one world religious system. The Pope has been cozying up to Islam - now Islam is advocating rebuilding the Jewish Temple? Hard to believe it's all for the sake peace and love knowing the history of the 3 players Catholicism, Islam and the Jews...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
All right already, I read to much.
In one of my books they built a virtual (read internet) temple on the spot taking into account the Muslim temple already there as well as all other temporary & permant obstacles to keep it real-time. The Jews could begin their virtual sacrifices there while being else-where so they wouldn't get suicide bombed.

Cool huh?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

That is actually not true.

All of Jerusalem is controlled by Israel.

It is Israel that keeps the Muslims from the Jews and the Jews from the Christians.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Sounds to me like ever more evidence that we are ever more headed for the end of days as predicted in Revelation. There is just too much going on everywhere for it all to be coincidence (I don't believe in coincidences anyway). Could take a number of years but it's closer every day with rumblings and birth pangs daily.

IR

join