It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You could go to Jail for your Registration expired in Florida...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was shocked, especially since I just went through this registration nightmare no more than 6 months ago. (They just did the owed not the new registration, -AH~) you see they dont send us a bill to renew our registration for our vehicle ... so the bill gets over looked -- but not by the cops -- thats an extra $80+ denos~ for expired registration. Its a cost cutting and revenue increasing measure... I think all counties need to do this... (I'm just joking ok..)
and I sat there on the side of the road approx. 30 mins. for expired registration. and she took forever, so you know she plugged into their criminal networks and ran a check on me, judging by the time she devoted to me, I would say she was reading quite a lot, (Guess what guys, I'm one clean American, thats right a law Abiding American ... and my name is on some list somewhere, and I have a court date 8/25, for a registration violation ... they want me.... but I'm as legal as any American can be... She really was real Butch if you know what I mean, cockie... ??
I felt she wanted me to go to jail... she even looked real hard in my cab of my truck... but she did not violate anything except... this law is well, a criminal offense they can take you to jail for...? what they dont have any criminals in the system....? and whats the crime...? its a money thing, not a criminal thing...?

[edit on 7-8-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Uh, your rambling there is hard to understand, care to repost when you can get all of your thoughts together?????

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
They send you a registration reminder in the mail every time it is due for renewal (usually right before your birthday). And if you allow it to lapse you will go to jail if pulled over, just like for a suspended license. Then you will pay fines and reinstatement fees.This is nothing new here in florida has been that way since at least the 80's. Also will have insurance cancelled if your registration lapses.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I second what djvexd says.

As well if you have moved, but not notified DMV of your new address, you will not recieve your notice, as well as paying fines, going to jail for not updating your registration and you can possibly have your license suspended due to failure to apply change of address. However it is very rare that the police enforce anything except the fine, unless they have other charges they can file.

Florida has had these rules in place for a long time. So it sounds like you may have come across an officer who was having a bad day, or new to the force. Unless there is more to the story that you are not telling.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well why didnt you renew it when it came in the mail prior to when it was due? You know when your birthday is so shouldnt you pay it before it expires? Sorry maybe I misunderstood but it was hard to understand with all the breaking up of sentences and periods. Sorry.....

Also why isnt this is BTS? How is this a conspiracy? It just seems like a rant to me.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Look at all you exemplary debt slaves. What a free country this is!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hmmmmm, I got pulled over with a suspended drivers license and no insurance, and didnt go to jail.......just got a ticket. I just guess it depends on what county and how nice the officer decided to be at the time.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
but you didnt go to jail. As long as you go to court and pay your fine your not going to jail.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It's only a criminal offense if it is expired more than six months and it is your second offense (second time at being pulled over for having registeration expired more than six months). Even then the violator usually gets a criminal traffic summons.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I believe that driving a motor vehicle on any street or highway in the U.S. of A. is a privilege and not a right. If you want to drive your motor vehicle, so be it, but you must follow your states laws in order to do so.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

well it didnt, thats why it didnt get paid. but you see 6months ago I went through it again, and they didnt renew my registration, they just made it current.... so the moment I took care of it... didnt buy any new time... if you follow me... so I got nailed again...

we just paid it till the end of time and they would not allow that... so we got to the point of 01/11 ... instead... 01/13 was my target date...

[edit on 8-8-2009 by BornPatriot]

top topics

join