It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Revolts" over healthcare reform?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I want socialized medicine!
I wrote my Senator and said so.
Canada and England have good systems.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Where did you hear that garbage?
I sure hope you are not the gullible brainwashed prone type of person that the liberal propaganda is meant for.

Here, try and educate yourself before spewing nonsense:

Stanford University Study

Don't reply until you have read it.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Where did you hear that garbage?
I sure hope you are not the gullible brainwashed prone type of person that the liberal propaganda is meant for.

Here, try and educate yourself before spewing nonsense:

Stanford University Study

Don't reply until you have read it.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by WhatTheory]

WHATEVER ! Yes I am liberal.
I work for crap money and have NO healthcare!
I will continue to write my representatives and thank you,
I will read your link.

Typo

[edit on 7-8-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by Rams59lb

They have awoken the sleeping giant and it is all apart of their plan, but I think they mis-calculated how big this giant actually is.

This elite, whether in Republican or Democrat clothing, always miscalculate. One only has to point to Iraq and the Bush Administrations complete lack of any planning because they believed their own press that they would be greeted as liberators by and adoring welcoming Iraqi public.

Change stations to the Democrat Channel and you have the same miscalculations just in a different arena.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

WHATEVER ! Yes I am liberal.

You don't have to tell me because that was obvious.

I work for crap money and have NO healthcare!

So I should give you some of my money?

Why don't you further your education and get a better job. This is how most of America does it.

I will continue to write my representatives and thank you

Ok, I did not say you could not or should not.

I will read your link.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, like i said im far from a liberal but im also not a conservative, in fact most people think that those are the only two labels there are when it comes to describing a persons political and social beliefs but all a label does is simplify things for simple people.

Anyway, whatever the reason and whatever the motivation, I am just glad to see some action being taken by citizens of this country but I am hoping that it will not isolate itself to this healthcare issue but will spill-over to even more important issues that are of great concern to me.
Yes, i know all about the tea-parties and the other demonstrations, but those issues had little emotion or character when you compare them with whats going on now.
Things are getting heated and imo it is about time.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Should I tell you what is obvious about you?

Well I won't, it's obvious.

Hey life is not fair and my life is my responsibility.
I really don't believe in the dignity of any goverment, so it doesn't matter.

I do loathe conservative thinking, if you can even call it thinking.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Perhaps because it is PERSONAL.
This is not a tax that you do not see. You do not know if you are being electronically being eavesdropped on. I KNEW about how bad the police are but didn\'t do anything about it until the cops decided it was OK for their Confidential Informant to turn my underage daughters into prostitutes and tried to prevent me from stopping it. It was when it became PERSONAL that I acted.

Health Care affects EVERYONE. It is PERSONAL and visible. When you have Congressmen stating they will pass bills that will determine if you, your wife, or your kids will live or die and they WON'T READ THE BILL before signing it you are asking for trouble. They are being upfront and personal saying "You do not need to know what this is about. Just do what you are told. WE as Congressmen do not even need to know what this about. We, just like you, just do what we are told and if your loved ones may die because of it, tough. Just trust OUR LEADER and do not ask questions. Oh and by the way. If you question that is disent, disent is ONLY DONE by terrorists, racists, right wing radicals, mobs, and thugs. We will label you this if you do.
"

Now that really pisses people off.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Good, I try to be obvious and try not to be two-faced. Thanks!

Yet, you are for total government control of healthcare which will allow the government control of you from cradle to grave. Sorry, but that makes no sense.

I do loathe conservative thinking

I am not surprised considering you are liberal. I know, self reliance and less government are bad thoughts.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

First let me say this for you as I know this will be your response to my post, I know you weren't talking to me or addressing me with your post.

But: I am not a conservative or a liberal, never have been but if your not getting health care then do what my son's have done when I could no longer provide it, they applied to jobs that offered it. If your not making enough money, then the same applies. Government doesn't need to take care of those who don't care enough about themselves to apply themselves.

It's going to happen any ways regardless of what the majority want.

Now the reason I am posting about your comments is because you are the kind of person that will point your finger at your neighbor thinking they will leave you alone but they will come for you too and it will be too late.

[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Your probably right.
See you and have a fantastic weekend.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

The ones who are opposed to any kind of health care reform:

AMA
Big Insurance companies
Big Pharmaceuticals
Private Hospital Corporations

Any one who makes money on the system does not want to get rid of their cash cow. I also noticed there are many older Americans upset at the prospect of health care reform. Do they want to get rid of their government funded health care known as Medicare?

It is all about the Benjamins plain and simple in this case. Health care companies rake in billions of dollars a year and they do not want to lose any of it to a public option. So what if many Americans can't afford private insurance?

The revolution should be against corporate America. They are the ones who are bringing this country down.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I do loathe conservative thinking, if you can even call it thinking.

I am an old man and probably not as wise to the ways of the world as you are. However what I have seen in all these years is the defection of staunch liberals,when the liberal tax axe falls toward their necks.
Pie in the sky and utopian dreams are fine as long as you are on the recieving end of things. When things are turned around and you are told that you must accept a heavier tax burden to support those who refuse to support themselves. Your family suffers ,and have to live on less. That's when you start thinking conservativly.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
The ones who are opposed to any kind of health care reform:

AMA
Big Insurance companies
Big Pharmaceuticals
Private Hospital Corporations

That is not true. They are for Ovomit's plan which should tell you something. Obama himself has said in numerous speeches they are supporting his plan.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

You don't know me, please don't make assumptions.

I would like a job which provides insurance, believe me.
Not a great time to find a job. Anyway you guys, I really do not like to argue and so I will concede.

I should not have posted in this thread and wish that I did not.

Good article whateveryournamewas. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Good article whateveryournamewas. Thanks!

You're welcome and you have a great weekend also. I realize you don't like arguing but you should post more to build up your forum arguing skills and then you will enjoy it more.

Oh, and I hope you find a decent job which offers healthcare.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Thanks now that I have been verbally slapped around, I might be more motivated.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Now that the SEIU is starting to send in the leg-breakers to counter these protestors, I will be amazed if in the next 30 days, someone isn't killed.

It's summer, it's hot, and so are a lot of everyday Americans. They've been bent over the log and rooted for too long, and they're just not going to tolerate it any longer.

These Senators and Congressmen who ignore these protestors will do so at their own peril.

A vendor was beat up by 3-4 SEIU leg-breakers, and I'm afraid that this is just the beginning.

The SEIU may find out that some of these protestors are willing to fight back, and are fully capable.

This is far from over.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

"Kidflash2008" keep drinking the kool aid! Yes, those companies are riding on the coast tails of the citizens who are speaking out (protesting, rioting, disrupting town hall meetings) but we who are against the Obamacare is also against Big Pharma and Big Insurence Companies... We want reform to fix the problem so everybody can afford Healthcare but we don't want Government ran Healthcare like in Canada. "no offense to Canada" lol.

Your playing rght into the hate and division! Why can't they fix the problem with healthcare, why do they except money from lobbist of big pharma and other companies. Address those issues and we would all be together on these issues.

Your supporting something that is making big pharma even richer and the insurance companies will simply adapt to the change while still making money lol...

It's all about control and nothing else or they would save lives instead of allowing people to die.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does this all seem like very well-thought-out posturing - merely placing all the pieces where they need to be in order to finally check mate?

This is the overwhelming feeling of apprehension I get when absorbing this material on a day by day basis.

I've been feeling like a pawn for quite awhile, but lately I've been feeling like we're all doing exactly what they want us to do.

Health care is an issue that will most certainly have fierce opposition on both sides. People either don't trust the government to do the same excellent jobs other countries have (don't know why really...all governments are corrupt) with national health care, or they just don't want to pay for someone else's well-being...well except for the fat cats. It seems as though we couldn't care less about being robbed of trillions of dollars (recently as well as for all these years since 1913 [Ed and Elaine Brown]), or having tent cities everywhere ('cept those worried about sex offenders), or having to switch to angel soft and Top Ramen, but tell us we're going to pay for some other everyday person's well-being and we get irate.

On the other hand...think the doctors and pharmacom are going to put up with flat rate pay and pricing? This is not going to be Natoinal Health Care as seen by Michael Moore's Sicko Documentary...our sooooo obvious government is not capable of ethical behavior and will most certainly squander any amount of dignity from perfectly laid plans as they can to make their blood money.

But still...I don't think this is something we have control over (as if we had control over anything the farmer was feedin' us), as they'll plant whoever they need to plant and they'll do anything they need to do to keep their stock in line. Everything I am witnessing seems to be nothing short of merely staging the pieces on the chess board. Health care might be the final straw for some, but what if they've already planned for everything that's happening right now. What if they WANT us to revolt so they can do the even more unimaginable than what's already happening to us?

Why does this just all seem to be coming together for them...and them alone?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join