It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why would DHS be checking out my website?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I found this interesting...

So i just got the site reworked and up, and i have had a total of 28 hits so far. Nothing to brag about *lol* but thats ok, the site is not there for massive traffic, but as a tool for those that need it.
We are a Paranormal Research team. I.E. Ghost. So far most of the group is just getting started, so its slow going and we are coming up with fund raiser ideas etc. We have a few investigations lined out which should be interesting.

But, i decided to check and see where the traffic was coming from.. I found this
as a link a visitor was from/left.
bcp2.cbp.dhs.gov

So i tryed to go to the address, just to see and all i got was
"The server at bcp2.cbp.dhs.gov is taking too long to respond."

Anyone have a clue as to what this site is for? found it quite interesting.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

They are watching you Montana folks

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
My first thought and reaction to this is they are watching you because the evidence put forth such as getting people to rat people out for spreading "disinfo" is they are watching you because somebody ratted you out.

Then my rational reasoning kicked in and figured that it was somebody at DHS that just likes ghost and the parnormial and just checking the site out.

Now the screwed up thing is that the my first reaction could be entirely true, and that is a very scary thought.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Follow the money. You're site is raising money.

Anytime a site raises funds the government takes notice.

That would be my guess anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Pretty interesting indeed. Could just be an employee, using a work computer to browse their own interests. Especially since it could have come from a networked server.

Do you have a link to your website that you could send me via U2U? We are also into paranormal investigations, and would definitely like to extend our own network/knowledge etc. We don't have a website yet, but when we find some more "interesting" unexplainable events, we will probably start one up.

We thought about starting one, but that gives up too many expectations to begin with. Then people (who seem to be running out of patience too easily these days) wouldn't keep coming back to check to see if we found anything interesting yet. So we'd come out, with something interesting to begin with. haha. Or not, I'm a pretty big skeptic. I would love to believe, tho.

Anyways, sorry about being off topic. That is interesting. If they continue to "keep an eye" on you, you must be doing something right.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

They are watching you Montana folks

Yep. I'd say that might be it. The federal gov't is scared of states leaving the union.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Cloudsinthesky, yea, us montanian's are such the trouble makers.*LOL*
It is possible with everything going on now days.

Hastobemoretolife Interesting. i would hope that it was just someone that liked the subject and found it.. otherwise kind of spooky.

dizziedame *lol* what little we have raised so far wont buy lunch, let alone anything good *LOL* its a slow process. But hopefuly soon.. they are hurting on taxes , hmm *lol*

Demoncreeper sending U2U now. dont expect a huge amount, i still have a lot of work to do on it. But its all there for the most part.

downtown436 very possible, they know our state is just crazy enough to do it if push comes to shove. Although i'm sure it would be one heck of a battle if they did.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
bcp2.cbp.dhs.gov is Border Command Post 2 (PATRIOT) of the US Customs and Border Patrol, now under the Department of Homeland Security umbrella. This server is based out of Springfield Virginia and is connected to the Internet through the SprintLink Network.

So, it's not so much DHS that has taken an interest as much as US Customs and Border Patrol specifically.

Been making any midnight forays into Canada lately?

If you really want to get them wondering, block the IP Range of 63.167.255.0 - 63.167.255.255 from your Web Server. That's the Class C IP Block assigned to US Customs and Border Patrol.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Very interesting... Nope no crossing to canada, actualy i've never been accrost the border, the closest i have ever got was Haver.

Hmmm quite odd in deed..

Now that i think about it a little, that is realy weird.. why would costoms and border patrol be checking us out.. we are about 8 hrs or more from the border... hmm very odd indeed... not like they have any jurisdiction realy, i mean sure they have powers. And not like we are doing anything wrong.. very unusual...

[edit on 7-8-2009 by severdsoul]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

My guess it that someone from that office has probably stumbled onto your site by searching something of interest to them and continued to check for updates.

As for not going across the boarder to Canada.... well when your investigation team is up for a road trip, there are a lot of REALLY creepy haunted places here that im sure you guys would love.

Heres a link to a site that lists some of the better ones.

Haunted places in Canada

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000

that may very well be. It is a interesting subject as long as you dont take the 'everything's haunted' approach like some do.

Hmm i will have to do some reading, i have not been to shadowland in a long time..
We may all have to get our passports in order and pay a visit some day.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The alphabet agencies poke around everyone's ports. Get a program called PeerGuardian2, it will show the IP of everyone who comes sniffing around, and allow you to block them as you wish.

TA

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
EDIT: Hups, another misread.
@self

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
How about this.... DHS looks at EVERY site.

They probably check every site that goes up for catch phrases of one sort or another.

top topics

join