It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Point Ranked No. 1 by Forbes Magazine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

West Point Rnked No. 1 by Forbes Mgazine

www.mercurynews.com

The U.S. Military Academy is rated the best college in the country in this year's Forbes magazine rankings.

West Point beat out No. 2 Princeton and third-place California Institute of Technology in the America's Best College report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
thechoice.blogs.nytimes.com

[edit on 8/7/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well, I don't know exactly how they calculate these things and I'm suspicious of all such lists. How can they objectively rank something as nebulous as a university in a neat little row? But people pay attention to these lists -- close attention. The most "cannonical" one is the US News and World Report list, but it looks like Forbes has gotten itself into the racket.

Maybe the reason West Point scored so high is that you are guaranteed a job after graduation. These days, even Harvard grads are manning cash-registers.

For those interested, here is the list itself:
www.nowpublic.com...

www.mercurynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I wish I was that rich.

But on a serious note, it's a great University, clearly however, it is not for all. The selection process is as rigorous as any other, just with different criteria in mind. The facilities themselves are state of the art, and the instructors are very passionate and competent. Above all, you'll definitely build and strengthen your character, positively, before you leave. Overall the campus is gorgeous, and the historical aspect cannot be overlooked. There is never an issue of the institution running out of money, or asking you for a regular tuition. I may be a little biased though, given I have a few good friends currently attending.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I find this to be hilarious, although Forbes was never an authority on school rankings.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Forbes haters aren't very adept people.

It should come as no surprise that West Point is the best school in the nation. Courses are rigorous and they cut no corners or slack. You either get the material, or you don't.

It truly takes an extraordinary individual to make it through a service academy. That's why they really are America's "best of the best."

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Forbes haters aren't very adept people.

It should come as no surprise that West Point is the best school in the nation. Courses are rigorous and they cut no corners or slack. You either get the material, or you don't.

It truly takes an extraordinary individual to make it through a service academy. That's why they really are America's "best of the best."

Thanks for the advertisement. Maybe everyone should send their kids to a military academy.

new topics

top topics

join