It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our ancestors arrived here 17,000 years ago.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I love TED great vid

gave a star

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I am Cherokee\French\--English mainly-- [Iam Gemini] and I have two personalities just as discribed as a true Gemini in the zodiak by those Palm reader take your wallet types... ha ha ha ha ...
I have been rescued from fate several times, by this other side of me.
Iam aware of several things that are not commonly known. I know but have no evidence of the real truth of any of these claims, the most creditible of these is: A coal seam in kentucky unearthed a leaather pouch with several Cherokee Arrowheads. this seam is supposedly 300K years Old.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by otheym

Lets not bring facts into this fantasy come on man.

The Pleiades is a loose cluster of approximately 100 stars with an average age estimated at 78 million years. These are very young stars, much younger than our own Sun, estimated at 5 billion years old, much younger even that our own planet, Earth.

These are very hot, bright stars of spectral type B, much hotter and about 10 times more massive than our Sun, spectral type G. They have not yet moved away from the interstellar gas cloud, or nebula, from which they formed.

Whats that mean no way life has formed yet.
That's true, lets not bring facts into this at all. If you would read all the posts and watch the video you would find out that no one said anything about Mans origins being from the Pleiades. The Pleiades is nothing more than a marker point to point to the star that these people are saying they are from. Why not take the time to read something, or look like a fool. Your choice.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by aceace]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Heya guys. First post, other than intro.
I'm sorry if this seems off topic, but why does this discussion remind me of the finale to Battlestar Galactica??
Maybe there is a reason that idea was used in that brilliant last episode, maybe we are subtly being told something.......

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
I would recommend to read the websiteThe Hidden Records. Or better, buy the book

Before going to any mars connections, to get a better or more clear view of all, start here: Egypt Starmap

Greetings

Thats it push the book ,the dvd Hey how about the T-shirts then the talk show tour

Until its EVER proved that ANY of the objects on Mars are NOT natural then that video and the assumptions made are just that assumptions NO PROOF NO TRUTH just a wild idea!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

www.msss.com...

this is the high resolution picture of the face

[edit on 9-8-2009 by tomass]

[edit on 9-8-2009 by tomass]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

i totally agree with you. fact is nobody really knows for sure what happened on this planet thousands of years ago except for the people alive then. but i dont think that it is so hard to believe that a society that wasnt technologically advanced(the b.c years) might have a hard time describing u.f.o's, hell people today have a hard time describing what they saw in the sky. plus pumapunku is an amazing piece of history that most people never heard of.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
This guys idea of proof is not how real proof is obtained.

He proved he's an nutjob though....

....this theory is as poor as flat-earthers and creationism!

One piece of advice -> reality is much more complicated and fascinating than than attempting to concoct a seemingly fantastic story based on a bunch of photos & conjecture!

Look what happened to the plum-pudding model of the atom - that was thought to be logical & accurate in 1904 until experiments around 1911 proved otherwise.

You simply cannot guess nature and where we came from as the details would be so intricate that you have to build up a picture step by step logically.

The only way forward to achieve that with scientific experiments, where the proof is in the Maths.

We don't want to go backwards now do we!? Not since science has been advancing and making breakthroughs every year or so. We don't want to go back to the dark-ages where we believed in mythical beings and events based on a limited human perception alone - where humans were even fearful of solar eclipses etc.

We are supposed to be living in a more enlightened era, where we don't base our thinking on fantasy stories, except for pure entertainment purposes.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by john124]

I'm beginning to agree. The universe is a one big giant,complex system machine. Our attempts at describing it so far include,religion,science,mathematics,sorcery,shamanism,karma,hinduism,myths,and legends.all fall short. I'm including science because their are things in this machine that can't be explained. For instance the soul or dreaming on such.
One day somehow all the pluses and all the minus will be accounted for,who will do it or if the machine does it self,or what it all adds up to I haven't the foggiest idea. I go through periods of that I believe in god then I go through periods thinking there isn't one. IMHO i'm beginning to believe it's just one stupid machine. Karma seems to be, to me at least, in the sense of cause and effect, a good explanation of one of the main laws that operate inside this thing. The only way for us to really know about Mars for sure is for us to actually send people there, not machines. Then someone can actually be standing next to or on that stupid mound that's called the face and see for ourselves whether it's actually a face or just a big mound of dirt. During the 1800's scientists called archaeologist took those old myths and legends and went to see if there was any truth to them(yes I'm being patronizing and sarcastic) that's what we need to do. We need to demand NASA or somebody to quit spending money on wars and defense satellites and send actual human people there.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aceace

Were you aware that Cydonia also matched Washington DC's map perfectly if you overlay the Pentagon with the "pyramid" and the White House with the "face"? A bunch of other landmarks also align, like this weird circular park and a crater with a half-buried disk shape on Mars. The founding fathers must have had an old map, like the one of Antarctica without the ice. America is pretty recent though. If such a thing exists, it's probably still around now, in private hands of course.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Syrus Magistus]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
All I know is that my ancestors arrived in Britain about 14,000 years ago. And we used to eat one another!

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpiusMaximus

I'm sorry if this seems off topic, but why does this discussion remind me of the finale to Battlestar Galactica??

Which was itself a blatant copy of the end to Restaurant at the End of the Universe

But Adams was right. We're all Golgafrinchams. Now, all aboard the 'B' Ark before the mutant space goat arrives!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

That article was posted on July 27th and I linked it in another thread on the 11th August! Now it's dated 12th August...this is a conspiracy of a summer holiday journalist reposting his articles from a bar in Spain

9000 Year Old Grandparent

I say, good on him!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Interesting, to be sure. I have always thought that I myself had a connection with the Pleiades System, and that the rest of the Earth did to. We are all connected, of course, with all beings in all of the universe. One day this will be common knowledge. Nice, informative video, good find...thanks!

one day when all reptoids (biderbergs,bushes clintons etc)are gone and the truth will finally surface

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
The Pleiades are a group of very young, hot stars completely different to our Sun.

They first started to form whilst dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

seds.org...

It's highly unlikely any planets have yet formed around them, let alone for life to have evolved (it took rather more than 100 million years for that to happen on Earth!). But even if life did exist there it would be extremely alien to us, and have a very different chemistry.

Why would such aliens come to a cold planet around and a cold ancient star like the Sun?

btw interesting to note that some of the stars in the Pleiades cluster rotate so rapidly they are not even spherical!

if you read the hidden records you would see that its not one of the Pleiades main bright stars that he's talking about....its a star in the same area, which is a sun like star (actually there are three possibilities, but Cydonia and Egyptian starmap and Hieroglyphs point to one specific one) called HD283271.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by GerhardSA]

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
www.thehiddenrecords.com...

There are billions of star clusters in our galaxy. Isnt it likely, there is a matching formation of stars for any random cluster of stones?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

Do you have shares in Wayne Herschel's book ?? You're certainly pushing it !!

I think you need to read the HOAX thread on ATS Alleged NASA affiliated Astronomer

Deciphers 'Intelligence' signal from nearby stars some

..............................................................................198 pages

..............................................................................3941 posts

..............................................................................9 months in investagating

culminating in a FREE e.book WITH EVIDENCE on Wayne Herschel and his friend Judy Faltskog

as having been hoaxing the public for some 25years or so.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by aceace
www.youtube.com...

The area of Cydonia (Mars) is a star map. Wayne Herschel from the website The Hidden Records absolutely proves this.

"The Hidden Records" actually PROVE NOTHING.....Wayne Herschel is famous for stating

that all his 'research' [incidently ALL taken from the internet] is "respectfully theorectical" which

by the very wording EXCLUDES FACTUAL PROOF.

These many various star maps he manipulates to fit his theories are a result of 'pareidolia'

an affliction he appears to suffer from.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join