It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our ancestors arrived here 17,000 years ago.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

The area of Cydonia (Mars) is a star map. Wayne Herschel from the website The Hidden Records absolutely proves this.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Interesting, to be sure. I have always thought that I myself had a connection with the Pleiades System, and that the rest of the Earth did to. We are all connected, of course, with all beings in all of the universe. One day this will be common knowledge. Nice, informative video, good find...thanks!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by aceace

Interesting find.

Just my opinion, so don't take the first "debunking" reply to your thread as the end of the world.

I come in peace.

1. Being a lover of the night sky, I could probably find hundreds of matches in the night sky from the northern hemisphere to the southern hemisphere that would match his chosen pattern of Cydonia as well as hundreds if not thousands of matches to a different "connect-the-dots" sa-don-ia pattern that I could make.

2. The star mapping system does predict and show you past, present, and future RA/DEC, but this is from our relative and present perspective of the salestrial sphere. Does anyone know if it also calculates where earth, solar system, and milky way galaxy was 17,000 years ago relative to the rest of the universe. And given the vast space in light years and lack of ET faster then speed of light technology, they perhaps should of given us better clues of what exactly one man's chosen pattern of Cydonia landscape is telling us.

Just a couple of things to consider, but I love these types of things.

Happy Posting!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have seen this video before but forgot all about it until now. Awesome find, thanks for that

I too believe that there is more to the mystery of Cydonia and Mars as a whole. What more proof do people need than to have the area mapped out and line up almost exactly with certain star patterns. IMO there's no way to explain it away as a natural coincidence, I mean REALLY? what are the chances of something like that happening naturally? astronomical.

S&F

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I would recommend to read the websiteThe Hidden Records. Or better, buy the book

Before going to any mars connections, to get a better or more clear view of all, start here: Egypt Starmap

Greetings

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thanks for all the posts. I've been waiting to find out the true meaning of Cydonia. This is it for me. The only star that moves significantly is the one very close to earth. 15.74 light years is nothing in outer space, it is probably one of the 10 closest stars to us and that is why it moves so much. I don't think our ancestors are from the Pleiades. I believe it is used only as a reference to show where we are really from. I have tried to find the star reference number but can't read it on the video.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Excellent Thread!!

I wonder what R Hoagland would have to say about this...

Below is a youtube video of the link between Egypt and Pleiades

[edit on 7/8/2009 by davidifty]

[edit on 7/8/2009 by davidifty]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
great find...ill have to flag and star this one!....

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I've been on Herschel's website and I've got his book. He's most assuredly on to something with the star maps theory but I felt he pushed credulity a bit with the Mars stuff. Did you look at the original pictures of Mars he was working with ? Then put those next to the ones he had enhanced and quite obviously took liberties with ? It's like looking at two sets of completely different photos . I felt he was trying to hard to make Mars fit into his thesis and it just wan't very convincing to me.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
I've been on Herschel's website and I've got his book. He's most assuredly on to something with the star maps theory but I felt he pushed credulity a bit with the Mars stuff. Did you look at the original pictures of Mars he was working with ? Then put those next to the ones he had enhanced and quite obviously took liberties with ? It's like looking at two sets of completely different photos . I felt he was trying to hard to make Mars fit into his thesis and it just wan't very convincing to me.

There's a huge problem with trying to "connect the dots" with such inferior imagery, and it tends to lead to way too much creative fudging to make the numbers come out to be even close to anything significant.

And the archeological record is pretty clear that human beings have been around in our current form for at least 40,000 years. So there's that.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Nohup]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I think the stars were aligned quite differently 17,000 years ago, everything is moving. The stars that are hundreds if not thousands of light years away will move less. Probably what got me the most was the alignment when he first layered one over the other and the small circles aligned perfectly. These were obviously very distant stars as they were still in the circles.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Sure we may have 40,000 years of proof of existence. The question is what was our intelligence like 17,000 years ago. Were we more ape like - did they change our DNA to where we could figure out how to make buildings instead of living in caves.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by aceace
reply to post by Nohup

Sure we may have 40,000 years of proof of existence. The question is what was our intelligence like 17,000 years ago. Were we more ape like - did they change our DNA to where we could figure out how to make buildings instead of living in caves.

any proof our dna has changed?

[edit on 7-8-2009 by whitemotel]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

There's a huge problem with trying to "connect the dots" with such inferior imagery, and it tends to lead to way too much creative fudging to make the numbers come out to be even close to anything significant.

And the archeological record is pretty clear that human beings have been around in our current form for at least 40,000 years. So there's that.

I tried connecting the dots myself comparing the Mars rocks with the pleiades, and here's what I came up with:

First I drew yellow overlays around the Mars rocks, and around the 7 largest objects in the Pleiades. 4 of the objects have halos so I circled the bright part, and also circled the halos:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b113e9b66d4a.jpg[/atsimg]
Then I moved the overlays to a black background to look for a match. What do you think?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03b8661cbc35.png[/atsimg]
There are billions and billions of stars in our galaxy alone, I'm pretty sure I can find 7 stars that would line up with those rocks than the Pleiades do, so I have to agree with both of you, he's grasping at straws on this Mars argument and coming up pretty empty. Does anyone really think that's a match? Try drawing it yourself if you don't like the way I drew it, but I think it's not a match. The only thing they really have in common is that there are about 8-9 objects in the grouping. The most notable difference if size has anything to do with it is the Mars rock on the bottom is one of the smallest, and the Pleiades light on the bottom is one of the largest in the group.

I used his own picture of the Pleiades but when I use a better picture, the comparison gets even worse:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd1fbec54234.jpg[/atsimg]

I do think there's a possibility our ancestors came from Mars however, in an object like this one: en.wikipedia.org...

But that would have been MUCH longer than 17,000 years ago, like maybe billions of years ago.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
When he firsts draws circles around the stars near the Pleiades and lays them over the current star chart. Many of them match up perfectly. The Universe has changed and obviously Cydonia has deteriorated over time but the coincidence of the match has to be high. If this star map was made 17K years ago, I have to wonder how long they were there after it was built. I am reading Lost star of myth and time by Cruttenden, it touches on all this.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whitemotel

No, not at all. I do know it is very close and nearly identical to apes. I have friends that have some ape in them, just a hunch.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If you are into that stuff, his book is really nice. Some theories are a bit farfetched. And some connections do seem to make sense, to say the least.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by aceace
When he firsts draws circles around the stars near the Pleiades and lays them over the current star chart. Many of them match up perfectly. The Universe has changed and obviously Cydonia has deteriorated over time but the coincidence of the match has to be high. If this star map was made 17K years ago, I have to wonder how long they were there after it was built. I am reading Lost star of myth and time by Cruttenden, it touches on all this.

I'm confused by your reply.
I just did what the guy in the video did using HIS picture of Mars and HIS photo of the Pleiades. I don't know if he's using what Pleiades looks like today or 17,000 years ago (do you?), but what I showed is that even his own data that he SAYS looks like a match, doesn't really look like a match in my analysis, which is more clear than his. I doubt it looks very much different after only 17.000 years, especially at the extremely low resolution of the photo he is using.

The picture I added at the end of my post is a current picture of Pleiades, so you can disregard that one for now. (though a higher resolution photo like that may have looked slightly different 17,000 years ago, in contrast to the fuzzy image he's using).

It's a little easier for him to try to match up his very fuzzy image of Pleiades because he's got much bigger blobs for the stars he can draw the lines through to make them look like they line up with the rocks when they don't.

It seems to me like you are taking the guy at his word instead of trying to match up the images yourself, like I did.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'll try to explain myself.... The brightness (magnitude) of a star is defined by two things size and distance. Some of the stars that are seen are very large and bright but far away and while they have moved it may not appear that way because of the distance involved. The star that is moving rapidly over the last 17K years is very close (16LY) and the size of our sun. In Mr Herschels comparison many of the stars line up perfectly because they are distant and bright and the movement is not noticeable. When the star chart is layered over his monitor many of the stars still lineup. (look at the small circles, below Pleiades) Yes, I am going by his charts but they line up. They lined up when he laid it over Cydonia and drew the circles and then when he laid it over his star chart.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Star, and flag.

Good find, I really enjoyed that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join