It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Taser Old Man For Sitting In Wrong Seat At Baseball Game(video)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
reply to post by stereotype

They had every right to remove him from the seat, and possibly the stadium.

They had no justification to use a taser.

Would they have had justification to shoot him?

No they didn't, the taser is for non-lethal use instead of a gun. Not pain compliance.

This post says it, imo

Also imo, it should be printed out large, thousands of times, and stuck under the windshield of every police car in the US

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I can't help but remember the words of Timothy McVeigh... If there wasn't a Waco, there wouldn't have been an Oklahoma City.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'm not saying what happend to that Bloke is right ,,we could not hear all what he said ,,,And if ,,IF,,he said somthing like "You lay a hand on me buddy your a dead man"(or words to that efect),,,Thats a threat,,and you can get TAZed...I hated what i saw and it made me mad as hell..BUT

If the police tell you to move ,,just move it does not pay to argue no matter how stupid you think it is.
Never swear at them dont be a smart ass,,,its like trying to argue with a ref in football you not going to win,,, move on

Sucks sure !!!!!!

Such is life.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by MinMin]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

Out of the 47,000 cops in this country, I would say less than 1% abuse their power. But of course, you see it once and you are convinced that they all do it.

Thank you for brainwashing the ignorant, media.

My duties at my place of employment require I correspond and deal with city, county and state law enforcement on an almost daily basis. If you honestly think less than 1% abuse their power and try to constantly assert their authority just to make themselves get a hard-on, I'm sorry to say you are sadly mistaken.

The root of the problem is constantly training and hiring 21-25 year old's that have an attitude, ego problem and other issues. Then giving them a badge they think makes them the king of the land and a firearm that they really no have no business being given responsibility for.

Far too often I see on a regular basis, young LEO officers asserting their authority when completely unneeded just to make themselves feel big and bad. They typically treat non law enforcement persons as well as the general public as if they are scum beneath them and unworthy of any compassion, decency or any inkling of respect.
On the other hand, I typically see the 40+ year old LEO's treating the public and others they work with in general as human beings, not scum beneath them. Of course those same mature LEO's will not hesitate to apply boot to ass with prejudice if needed.

I've grown up around them, I've had immediate family work as LEO's in city and sheriff departments, and I work them them on a regular basis.
From my 40+ years of observations and working with various LEO's and departments it's blatantly obvious to me it boils down to a lack of experience, maturity, professionalism and often existing mental issues that are either not screened for or not deemed significant.' To Protect and Serve' has turned into 'To Fine and Harass' sadly for a majority.

Regardless, there was no reason for them to taser that man when 3 of them could have easily taken him down in about 20 seconds or less. Even use of pepper spray would have been a more logical path.
And there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to taser that woman.
Tasering that woman fully justified a violent mob reaction, lucky for them it didn't occur.

I'm not a cop hater in anyway. But wrong is wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by joe82

Saw this on TV, felt sad while watching it. It was clearly uncalled for, I think the police force needs to be educated by people not by government. They should be sent to normal people so that they learn how to communicate. There is a reason why me and many others call them pigs.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsblownbackbaby
reply to post by Phenomium

yeah, its our future as long as people like you keep laying it out like it is. Like "oh thats awful.. OH WELL.. government is gonna enslave us and kill us, what can we do.. move along.."

Well if we would stop with the moving along, maybe we could do something about it.

It's not my fault you are chasing rainbows. Don't blame ME for the cops doing what they are doing in increasing measure and being protected by the government. I can say what i want and it will make no difference at all. You are nieve to believe that speaking in a forum is going to change the way things work in this world. People everywhere have been saying whats on their minds, good and bad, since governments began and all that ever happens in the world are the furtherance of policies that seem to wrench the noose around our necks tighter and tighter, year by year.It has NEVER gotten better and never will.....History proves this to us. We are at a point now where we have just about lost everything as a nation and it was all done right under our noses. Do you think they cared what we thought when they lied to us about going to Iraq..stealing our money in every way possible lately regarding banks, credit cards, Enron, the bail-outs, the Patriot act I and II, losing the plot records to the Arlington cemetery, need I even mention the lies and deceit regarding 911, the banks foreclosing the mortgages and throwing old people, children and others into the streets, Hurricane Katrina and the lack of response from FEMA... the list goes on and on. The Internet is inundated with real-life conspiracies that are proven by the decadence and moral loss in our country and the degradation of our very political structure in comparison to the ideologies and wishes of our founding fathers can be considered nothing more than cancerous. It is you who needs to pull your head out of the sand and see things for what they really are and stop running from those who would paint you an unpleasant picture (such as I did)....only then can you really, truly start moving in the right direction. So yes, I will continue to speak the truth and lay it on thick, however harsh and unpleasant it may be, because it is the fact that we shielded ourselves from the truth and hid behind government lies and prideful chest pounding that we ended up in this situation in the first place. If you know so much about what it is we should do to turn all things around, so as to do a 180, then why are we in the predicament we are in as a nation? Right down to a cataclysmic point to where the only thing we can do is trade our nation away for payment of debt.Don't say that it isn't so either, we have no way to pay the debt back and we have to give the international bankers something. They have broken us down to bloody knees and whipped us like a proverbial dog and we literally have NO way to fight back and take what was once ours because our military is being slaughtered in an endless war in many parts of other countries except ours, leaving us vulnerable to those who would oppose us. People like me have warned for years and years this was coming. Did you not think that there would be a day that it would all come to a head? Not unlike a volcano with people living below it, you warn them of the dangers and even give them a time frame and they say to themselves "it will never happen to me"...and then it does. Too late, there's nothing we can do now even if we wanted to. So dream all you want, but it's all semantics and whippings like in this video from now on. They are bringing it.....and we are too tired and have no resources to fight back with. THEY HAVE WON! It's not a pretty picture, I agree, but it is the truth because this is not only a plan from some of the greatest chessmasters of all time, but it is also preordained and prophesied. By the way, I have never had a credit card and have never bought anything by a loan. I have worked for my money and never purchased anything if I didn't have the cash to do so, ever. So I did not contribute to this debt. I have struggled and went without many and most of the things I wanted or needed and so have my kids. We have always lived just by the skin of our teeth because I always knew what they were up to.I am not saying I am better than anyone, I may in some cases be worse than some, but I am just saying that I did not help in the collapse of our country financially. Our country is simply NOT what it once was and whether you want to admit it or not our country is no longer owned by the people because if it was ....we wouldn't be where we are now. We fell for the line "live the American dream" so many tried it and purchased the dream by putting themselves in debt. There is a reason it was called the American dream.......you have to be asleep to believe it. Those who fell asleep and lived this dream are making us all pay for it now, even those who didn't fall for it. Yet, as an American, I will suffer with everyone else but I will suffer having at least mentally prepared myself for it. Doesn't make it easier but I sleep at night knowing I'm not lying to myself. Sorry if you don't like it, it is a bitter pill to swallow but it goes down much easier with flouridated water.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Phenomium]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Very massive and beautifully written paragraph which deserves a star.

One thing to point out after reading all that, no one knows the absolute truth therefore it is necessary for all of us to continue changing based on new information we are presented with every day. Our ideas need to change, our systems and our actions in regards.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I lost my faith in cops when they started tasering children, but this is a whole new ballgame, pun intended. I always stay as far away from police as possible. to go as far as even taking a longer route to work if a cop is near by.

if they tase me they're gonna have a few broken bones to fix.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
nobody had to get hurt in this case. but you know, that how cops do it. I'm suprised they didn't taser the guy screaming "comon take it easy on him".

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Lucas would be proud. It is just like the movie THX-1138. We all get to watch the Punishment Channel on the interwebs!

Hell yeah. If you don't do what the police tell you to do then suffer the consequences. Or cry ''racist!''. Or pull out your own weapon and take a chance. Do whatever. Play the game. Get involved. Just don't complain when you do the stupid thing and get smacked down.

Why didn't he move? Why did he have to be a jerk in public?

Are you going to eat that last piece of chicken?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
!! I just went back and read the thread. What a bunch of maroons. Talk about 1.5 million army versus 300 million dingbats. Jeah. How am I going to trade stocks and stack money when all this is going on? Huh?!! Answer me!!! How am I going to be able to make tons of money and live the good life when all you whiny arm chair revolutionaries are stirring up trouble in my peaceful neighborhood? Now sit down and chill before I intertaze you.

Are you going to eat that last piece of chicken?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthship35
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

spoken like a true "COP"!!!! i think the crowd should of either taken the taser away and tased the pigs or just thrown them over the railing like the trash that all pigs are..there days are numbered and you can take that to the bank!!!

If someone breaks into your house and robs, are you going to call the cops? You're encouraging absolute lawless anarchy.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Well I doubt this is going to help their ticket sales. If you look at the top of the stadium, they keep all the top seats covered to make it look not as empty.

People choose their own section and pay by the price. The cheaper seats are up there and hence more popular with people who wish to spend less. Haven't you ever been to a baseball game?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7
If someone breaks into your house and robs, are you going to call the cops? You're encouraging absolute lawless anarchy.

lol... if someone broke into my house I'll call the cops.

Right after I make sure they're no longer a threat...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Yes, I know this

I guess I need to brush up on my politically corrected sarcasm.....

That is my point, it should have never went that far in the first place.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56853f1594f8.jpg[/atsimg]

Found this video but can’t post it due to the language and it’s on a non compatible ATS embed site.

87 year old woman in a Wal-Mart parking lot walking around with a cane.

Taken DOWN by a female officer resulting in head injury.

I saw NOTHING in this old woman's hands but the cane.

Some say she had a knife, others a gun... ???

I tried to find it still by still and didn’t find it.

Anyway, the quality is crummy due to using screen capture and paint.

Regardless...

87 year old woman taken DOWN... Left bleeding...

A female officer that didn’t even give her 30 seconds to comply.

I don’t know the full story, but I know enough.

peace

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That guy was creating a public disturbance and the people around him were the ones that called the police. When the police ask you to comply and you don't then you deserve what you get and this guy deserved it. There has to be rules in society and if you break them you do it at your own peril. I have no sympathy for that *SNIP*

[edit on 9-8-2009 by alien]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That cop who tazered the 14 year old should be canned, hands down, immediately. He is OBVIOUSLY incapable of doing his job and is likely more dangerous than the criminals out there. I don't give a *SNIP* what any of you think that is absolutely an inexcusable use of force. When I saw the footage of the actual officer it made me what to kick his ass. How on earth could a 14 year old girl pose a threat to him? Horrible. He was twice her size, easily. And all she was trying to do was get away? The cop used the tazer as a lasso. The guy should be tazered in the face and his badge taken. Disgusting.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by MacATK18]

[edit on 9-8-2009 by alien]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

He could have gotten up and moved,

But he didn't.

He didn't get tazed for sitting in the wrong seat, he got tazed for resisting arrest.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
reply to post by joe82

Not to make this personal, but I am going to be a Police Officer when I come of age.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

great here we have an expert teenager....know everything, experienced nothing.
Kid, just listen for one second, this abuse of 'tasers' is becoming a joke.

Actually use of the taser is a method of punishment, cops aren't there to 'dish' up punishment, they aren't "THE LAW" they are paid pubic servants that are they to protect and serve and be a guardian to the law.

I could write another 3 pages on the BS tactic of cops, but really I cant be bothered....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join