It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Buy The New Tv's which will arrive with smelling capabilities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If the cinemas are testing the only movie I would volunteer for would be Up In Smoke
I'm starting to open up to this idea.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Stimulate sedentary neural circuits, disable controls

And with the advent of AI and synthetic life the consumer will suddenly have more dependents than they thought they had.

The only way out is to switch production to sustainability.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Cant wait untill they make Taste-avision!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't be too worried about being poisoned by TV's that produce scents. All scents would be artificial. I personally wouldn't buy one either, not for fear of poisoning, but because I don't watch TV! Sorry, I watch sports games, that's it!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
I don't really see how this could work though as how would the filters know which smell to give out at what time?

The manufacturers would only need to load a new set with one odour cartridge to cater for pretty much every programme broadcast on tv...the smell of bull***t

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You know who would really benefit from scent-emitting television? Advertisers! Particularly in the various food industries.

Can you imagine if you caught a whiff of gourmet pizza every time a Pizza Hut or Digiorno commercial came on? Or a sausage-egg-and-cheese-biscuit-with hash-browns-and-coffee smell every time a McDonalds breakfast commercial came on?

Good God, I know people who run to the nearest pizza joint when they see these ads, as it is. If we had smell-o-vision, most of us would weigh 600 pounds and the food industry would take over the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join