It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Pyramid on Mars? Aeolis Mensae region

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hey,

I have been searching the pictures on Mars on the ESA (European Space Agency) website.

I dont think this has been posted before.

Mars Express’ High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) has provided snapshots of the Aeolis Mensae region on the Red Planet.

www.esa.int...

www.esa.int...



Possible remains of a pyramid?

[edit on 7/8/2009 by davidifty]

[edit on 7/8/2009 by davidifty]




posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It looks like it could be but I'm no geologist. We have pyramid remains on earth that are in worse condition that that and likely if this is one, it's probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of years old.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
To me it looks as though its erosion has formed this shape.
You can see the angles of the shape is defined by the mountains around it.
The channels that lead to the Pyramid shape has directed the winds in the direction causing it to form its shape imo.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
since when are pyramids round?

definition of pyramid...
A solid figure with a polygonal base and triangular faces that meet at a common point.

we have the common point, but shouldnt the top wear down first compared to the base?

i guess years of erosion made it smooth?

looks like a hill to me...

whats the scale of this?

looks like it was made by a river or something really. the large image shows multiple pyramid shapes in a "river channel"?

[edit on 8/7/2009 by mahtoosacks]



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
That doesn't look like a pyramid to me. Also, there is a sort of feathery pattern on it that looks very much like either where a liquid once flowed, or perhaps where wind has eroded. I'm thinking natural formation. I can't even say for certain whether it's elevated (as it appears to be), or a depression.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
if you look at the crater next to it it would be enourmous,
that doesn't say its impossible but unlikely IMO.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Most probably just another result of erosion.

In that place it looks like it was at some time in the past inside a river, and the way it looks is consistent with being eroded by the water flowing from the several river "branches".

It does not look higher than the "river" banks either, if it was that would be suspicious.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
That is a very symetrical object compared to the others in the image. When I look at it under much higher magnification, I can see air brushing or some other similar artificial effect. They are hidding something there.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by davidifty
 


Probably an eroded hill. Still pretty cool looking, though. I wish I had the patience to wade through all those pictures...

Kudos for finding an interesting picture... ...and who knows you might have indeed found something alienish...



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
since when are pyramids round?

definition of pyramid...
A solid figure with a polygonal base and triangular faces that meet at a common point.

we have the common point, but shouldnt the top wear down first compared to the base?

i guess years of erosion made it smooth?

looks like a hill to me...

whats the scale of this?

looks like it was made by a river or something really. the large image shows multiple pyramid shapes in a "river channel"?

[edit on 8/7/2009 by mahtoosacks]


You said it - "
i guess years of erosion made it smooth?"

The whole are does look like there has been plenty of erosion so I would agree that its probably natural.

Oh well - no harm in looking



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boethius
 


If you are seeing it at a higher resolution that the original then you may be looking at something created by the program you are using, some programs change the images when they show them at more than 100% to make them look better.



posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Doesn't looks like one to me. but hey, I'm no expert on pyramids.


Originally posted by davidifty
Hey,

I have been searching the pictures on Mars on the ESA (European Space Agency) website.

I dont think this has been posted before.

Mars Express’ High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) has provided snapshots of the Aeolis Mensae region on the Red Planet.

www.esa.int...

www.esa.int...



Possible remains of a pyramid?

[edit on 7/8/2009 by davidifty]

[edit on 7/8/2009 by davidifty]



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
My first post so please be gentle


Has the Pyramids on Mars been confirmed as a Hoax?
I've done a bit of a google search but it's bringing up loads of crap.

I have limited internet access due to being at work



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gingerling
 


They are not really a hoax, only wishful thinking from some people.

At least that's my opinion, based on the information I can get.


Edit: welcome to ATS.

edit on 4/1/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Look up boanian pyramid for comparison to see what a pyramid covered in earth looks like. This "pyramid" has the horizontal on the pic longer than the perpendicular if artificial it would be an elongated pyramid. I would be far more interested in the Cydonia region, which just happens to match the pleiades region.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boethius
That is a very symetrical object compared to the others in the image. When I look at it under much higher magnification, I can see air brushing or some other similar artificial effect. They are hidding something there.


Hiding something is an understatment, go to Joseph P.Skipper' web site Marsanomalyesresearch.com

There he shows just how much air brushing, smudgeing, and general tampering goes on at these space agencys.

If you want to see whats really on marrs, go to his site and find the Hale crater evidence, a very large city no doubt. Oh and btw, I just finished his book, a must have for any researcher.



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Look up boanian pyramid for comparison to see what a pyramid covered in earth looks like.
I don't think that's a good comparison, I have yet to see any evidence that the supposed Bosnian pyramid is really a pyramid and not just a hill.

PS: but having said the above, I haven't been following that case in these last months.



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET
There he shows just how much air brushing, smudgeing, and general tampering goes on at these space agencys.
No, he shows what he thinks (or presents as what he thinks) is image tampering.

I have never seen any image tampering in the images he has on his site, but I have seen two cases of image tampering on ATS.



If you want to see whats really on marrs, go to his site and find the Hale crater evidence, a very large city no doubt. Oh and btw, I just finished his book, a must have for any researcher.
No large city in Hale crater, at least as presented. Higher definition photos show it clearly, but he usually likes to avoid high resolution photos.



posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by davidifty
 


i've heard most planets need pyramids as weights for the planet to keep it spinning good and vibrationally in tact. i don't know if people think that the sears tower and other big structures could effect the planet the same way as a pyramid but without being in the correct spot. areas like california vibrate incorrectly and cause earthquakes. just a thought




top topics



 
2

log in

join