It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Actually its dropping decade by decade luckily, as the link I posted showed.

If religious nuts would stop injecting their retarded belief system into everyone elses every day life, I'd be perfectly happy.

religion is a personal belief best kept to ones self.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath

If religious nuts would stop injecting their retarded belief system into everyone elses every day life, I'd be perfectly happy.

Please explain how "religious nuts" are "injecting their beliefs" into people's lives.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I would say that there's always rumors of wars, and people offending/betraying eachother. This is very vague.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

Do we have that much time?

Hmmmm, lets see.

Abortion (not all opponents are religious, just most), gay marriage (same), "deceny" restrictions for radio/tv/media, etc etc.

The blatant hypocrisy of religious folks is downright hilarious.

The truly sad thing is I am a staunch conservative, but with the religious right wanting to take away liberties from people because a fictional book told them certain things are wrong, I have been forced to distance myself from all things conservative because I am simply fed up with a bunch of ignorant people who think a giant man in the sky controls every thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Saddly no one realizes that the deciet and hatred is coming from the MAJOR religions.

Christians, Jews, and Muslims.

Theses faiths have shown nothing but bigotry and hatred since their creation. Now everyone BUT these fools are the hatefull decievers.... yeah right......

Its sad and funny at the same time!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

100% correct.

If only we could ship all religious types to some place and let them kill each other, we would all be better off.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

Isnt that what the war in the middle east is for.... lol

When the government finnaly publicly starts forcing religious parents to teach their kids the truth we will have them standing in neat rows ready to die for their god... and they will.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

What about murder? The Bible says it's a sin but the law in America says you can't kill someone. Is that taking away someone's liberty? What about stealing? The Bible says it's wrong and it's also against the law. Is that also taking away someone's liberty? I mean, if we don't have anything on which to base our morals, why not just abolish all rules and have chaos?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

One doesnt need a fictional book to have morals or to know right from wrong.

Its called common sense.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

One doesnt need a fictional book to have morals or to know right from wrong.

Its called common sense.

Did Hitler and Stalin know right from wrong? That's what happens when people are left alone to create their own morals.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Do you even know what faith hitler was? hahahaha or stalin..???? Maybe you should look that up...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

How moral is it for a priest or other clergymen to rape little boys?

If you want to pick and choose examples, you will lose.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Do you even know what faith hitler was? hahahaha or stalin..???? Maybe you should look that up...

It seems like nobody's really sure. But clearly he didn't get his ideas from the Bible.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

How moral is it for a priest or other clergymen to rape little boys?

If you want to pick and choose examples, you will lose.

There's nothing in the Bible about that. Actually, a lot of things the Catholic church does aren't Biblical. Catholicism is totally out of touch with the Bible.

But, the actions of an individual aren't representative of Christianity (even though priests are Catholic, not Christian).

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Doesnt the old testament speak of things that hitler would applaud? Im sure back then they tossed out their defective babys to. Even murdered unbelievers.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Which is why I said other clergymen. Be it a reverend, a rabbi, etc etc. No faith is innocent

[edit on 17-8-2009 by TheAftermath]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Anoterh example of why ATS has gone completely to sht.

When, oh when will you realise that this type of religious drivel is..............oh why bother...

Yes, yes, the bible says it all - go screw your daughter and slaves, or offer her up to be raped by the hordes of rampaging goons - whatever...

[edit on 17-8-2009 by audas]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Such Ignorance.....the purpose of the "gospel" is to spread the "good News" that one can defeat death through Jesus Christ. It is literally the duty of all "real" christians to spread the "good news".

That's why satan infuences some humans to demand God be taken out of everyday life. Why satan demands all this "religion" be stamped out. The fallen can't stand the FACT they have but a short time left.

There are no "morals" without God, no survival without Christ, and no "hope" without the holy spirit.

The "lake of fire" is before you waiting to invite you into eternal death, all because you are "offended" by God............

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Which is why I said other clergymen. Be it a reverend, a rabbi, etc etc. No faith is innocent

[edit on 17-8-2009 by TheAftermath]

You are correct.........humans all fail without God through Christ. A "perfect" world does not need a doctor to heal its sick..........this world is indeed very, very SICK.....

Christ is the healer, but also the destroyer of evil and those who seek and do evil without redemption. Rem this when you stand before him.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Well congratulations, you just earned yourself a spot on my ignore list.

I could ask you to prove any of that crap, but it would be an exercise in futility. There is no such thing as logical debate with you people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join