It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Matt 24..........

Does this not precisely describe the world today and in particular America? It would seem everyone offends everyone else and is turning into hate among a people who were once called the "melting pot" of the world.

America IS a christian nation and has been delivered up for affliction and hate.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Hi helio/

Exactly where we are today!
This is not only the United States of America, but the Whole World!
It's just the beginning!
Prophecy as prpohesied, coming true before our eyes!
Deception will come from Within the TRUE teachings....because many do not want to hear the truth!
I'll have more to write as this post Progresses!
Well done!

ICXC NIKA
helen
EDIT...America...spelling!

[edit on 8/7/2009 by helen670]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Good thread! We need more like this.

We need to remember to resist the temptation to fall into this mindset like you quoted in scripture. That really is how the whole world is becoming, everyone preoccupied with getting somewhere or doing something. It's an old cliche but we still need to stop and smell the roses.

But it is easy to get caught up in the turmoil. Jesus said to take the narrow road, He said wide is the path to destruction and many will take that way.

Anyway, thanks again for the much needed reminder.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The United States is not a Christian country. It is a *secular* country.. Religion has no place in its government. Religion is a personal matter, not a matter of State.

While the majority of people in the US are *nominally* Christians, most don't practice. Between the non-practicing Christians and all the rest of the people - Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists - the country isn't all that Christian. It's time for the few Christians out there to get over it.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Just to add to Chiron's point, this same prophecy could apply to Europe during the Industrial revolution and the Renneisance era as well as the age of the crusades. Hard to consider it much of a prophecy when it is really just the norm for humans living on earth.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Hi chiron/

The Bible is a Book for everyone who wants to understand its Wisdom and knowledge for what it is telling us.
I guess it is a choice in what you read and believe, but the Bible begins with Genesis and ends with the APOCALYPSE...of which the heliosprime(O.P)is pointing out...
Apocalypse means to be discovered...in which we can clearly read and understand that we are living these times written over two thousand years ago in a cave on the Island of Patmos in Greece... The town of Chorá on the island of Pátmos.
patmosisland.wordpress.com...

Of-course the U.S is a Christian country...Does not God come into conversation with the Goverment?
Whether God refers to a Christian God or another, only this themselves know.
I believe America was founded by Christinity and based it's early morals on the Bible.
Whether the same morals apply, only They know.

The post...
When the Apostles themselves heard about the end of the world, they were interested to learn more...

Link below on many 3rd and beyond prophecies that have come out and are yet to be fullfilled.
www.genuineorthodoxchurch.net...
Signs of the Times
By Blessed Hieromonk Seraphim Rose ...

In the following talk,1 Fr. Seraphim speaks to us from almost
twenty years ago, and yet his words are quite relevant to our times
as we approach the end of the second millennium. Although some of
the individual examples he gives are now dated, there are now even
more extreme examples of the same phenomena of which he speaks.

A talk given by Father Seraphim Rose in America...
users.sisqtel.net...

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
The United States is not a Christian country. It is a *secular* country.. Religion has no place in its government. Religion is a personal matter, not a matter of State.

While the majority of people in the US are *nominally* Christians, most don't practice. Between the non-practicing Christians and all the rest of the people - Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists - the country isn't all that Christian. It's time for the few Christians out there to get over it.

You must deny that America was founded as a christian nation. You must deny that it is "still" a christian nation although allowing a vile few run things. For you to admit that america IS christian is to see your own guilt for rejecting God's commandments.

By definition christians are "sheep" and are led astray rather easily. That is why all christians MUST seek the original shepard, God himself and follow the faith of his son Jesus.

Seek and know the actual word in the bible for yourself, not from someone who calls himself "minister, priest, preacher".......read for yourself, pray for understanding, search the original text, compair what you "thought" was being said with the actual word of God himself.

God will open the truth to you IF you actually are seekng it.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Basically, we have had it. Because every man deceives us - all governments.

And we have allowed it.

I am looking forward to meeting Jesus (I hope).

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Just to add to Chiron's point, this same prophecy could apply to Europe during the Industrial revolution and the Renneisance era as well as the age of the crusades. Hard to consider it much of a prophecy when it is really just the norm for humans living on earth.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2 peter 3:10

Ignorance IS bliss................?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Basically, we have had it. Because every man deceives us - all governments.

And we have allowed it.

I am looking forward to meeting Jesus (I hope).

Basically we have had it started back in the garden of eden......its just that the fuse is very short now. Hope to meet you there also............

"The end is near" has much meaning now.........

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Yes, lol, see you there!

And to avoid a one-line post.

Jesus saves sinners, just talk to Him.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Excellent thread. I love the strong quotes from the New Testament. Although, I figured this would be in BTS.

It is evident, these are the times is which alot of us will see some prophecies fulfilled. I believe America was founded on the basis of escaping persecution from a gov't that forced their people to obey just one particular form of religion. The people that moved here came for religious freedom, among other things. I do see future persecution for all Christians here, because I see more anti-christian propanganda on the TV everyday. Has anyone noticed the amount of people that give you a dirty look when you explain that your a Christian? I certainly have. Almost 90% of the people I talk to are looking at me like I'm an idiot. Of course, I talk to people in their 20's and almost all of them are not religious, party all the time, or are non-practicing Christians. I believe if you claim to be Christian, you better live your life like one. As with all religions.

But, we did form this country with God in mind and 1st on every list. Whether or not it was entirely Christian? I don't think anyone really knows. I do know that it seems today there are more and more people fighting (and winning) to take God out of everything in America. As to make it a secular nation. Which, it seems to me, everyone wants it to be a secular nation.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

The interesting thing about the orginal bible verse is that it does seem that each day more and more people are offended by the smallest and sillyest things.

Yet God is defiled by those who demand he be removed from everywhere. Where is the outrage? A mob of muslims murders people over a cartoon. Riot breakout over a lie in a newspaper about "fulshing" a koran........

Yet christians are being murdered in pakistan, where is the outrage.

The godless are offended by everything....................well anything to do with God and Christ.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Pick any time in modern history buddy and you will find the same thing. Remember the 60s?

You can find prophecy in a Dr. Seuss book!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111

Pick any time in modern history buddy and you will find the same thing. Remember the 60s?

You can find prophecy in a Dr. Seuss book!

Any point in history does not have as many specific point in prophesy as does today.

Reformation of Israel
Increase knowledge (significantly)
Increase in earthquakes
Thousands of flights daily
The ability for a 200 million man army to be sent to Israel
Nuclear bombs, missles

There are many, many more...........

But these things the blind and ignorant can not see for God has closed their minds..........

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

This is a Masonic country, that masqureades as a Christian country pretending to be non-secular.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons

This is a Masonic country, that masqureades as a Christian country pretending to be non-secular.

Nice try, how about some proof? Provide proof the founders were all "non-christian" masons...............and how does that affect being easily offended?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What is that? a challenge? a defense? what have you to gain by demanding proof? obviously, the only way I could truly prove they were masonic would be if I had a time machine, and we went back and spied on them. Right? So why ask for proof when it's not possible to prove? Can you DISPROVE they were Masons? I'd like to see you try. Besides, you don't have to be "non-christian" to be a mason, now do you? The only reason so many masons swarm this site as far as i can tell is to defend their secret society. Sorry, I mean, "society with secrets"

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy. It's merely a little known fact. Many key players in industry, education, government, and business are Masonic. Taken at face-value, that actually says alot of the quality of its members, does it not?

And it has everything to do with being "easily offended". You just proved that with your smug rebuttle to my intentionally playful response

[edit on 9-8-2009 by mostlyspoons]

[edit on 9-8-2009 by mostlyspoons]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Hi helios/
Eccellent post!
I totally agree with...many of the said prophecies are coming to light in our time....some choose to be 'blind' some are blinded by the 'Truth' because this was also prophesied would happen to those that had no faith.

REPLY TO ///
To gnosis/

Um, prophecies have come into our generation from as early as the third century describing nuclear bombs and the like....did they have them hidden in caves back then, ready to go off?
How did they know of such things?

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
That quote actually fitted just about every culture and time in relation to their own interpretation of it. In the 70's prophets said this and that, In the 80's they changed the dates, buyt the 90's they have gone quiet but new ones came. Ron Weinland came and is gone (in the head).

The bible you quote also says you wont knowe the time it's all over and men waste a lot of time on trying to find out when than spreading the good news that you have an out where you don't need to worry when. Only the religious concentrate on when and the Bible clearly shows Jesus hated religion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join