It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fastest UFO Catch Filmed N/V 06 August 2009, 00.55 A/M

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Channel Icon Subscribe Unsubscribe 0garry555 August 06, 2009 (more info) (less info) Want to Subscribe? Sign In or Sign Up now! Filmed from my shed Dundee Scotland this ufo was heading north to start with then changes south bound.... Filmed from my shed Dundee Scotland this ufo was heading north to start with then changes south

Normally i would say its the space station or a satellite .

But around 11 pm or 12 am here in kentucky i watch this same thing.
giving it's a clear night.

and it goes strait as a arrow till i can't see it anymore.

So to be honest i don't know what he filmed.
It look's identical to what i see every night except for it turning...

and the thing i see moves roughly the same speed.
it pass's up airplanes flying at high speed that are up as high as they can go.

So basically if you can debunk this footage.
You allso debunk what's flying over my house at 11 to 12 every night.

So i hope it's a space station or satellite.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by TheAmused]

[Mod Edit - all caps on title]

[edit on 7/8/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
wiki.answers.com...

The International Space Station travels in orbit around Earth at a speed of 17,500 miles per hour (that's about 5 miles per second!). This means that the Space Station orbits Earth (and sees a sunrise) once every 92 minutes!

Just wanted to add that info

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It appears to be a video from the tv screen so that he can point to it when it becomes faint. I wonder if he's going to upload the actual video.

I saw something moving about that fast when I was visiting my sister's log home in W VA. It was at a much higher altitude than normal jets so I was amazed at the speed. I figured it was a satellite since maintained a horizontal path. To see the object in the video here it certainly does a change of course, ruling out a meteor.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by elfie]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Based on the video & the op's comments:

I can't see anything "UFO...ish" about it.

It looks like a satellite to me.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Well at first i watched it said same thing.
cause i see exact same thing every night.
But the one i see doesn't turn to go in another direction.

His is.
If ya watch the star's in front of it..it indeed is not going strait.

So i was dumbfounded.

Ps. i hope the guy uploads it directly from camera not off his tv.
But some people are slow at figuring out how to do it lol

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
To me it doesn't look like it's turning, I think it just looks that way as the object is in orbit, following the curvature of the Earth. As it gets further away, it's looks like it's turning but it's just following the path of orbit. He started filming when it was directly overhead, and you can see him rotating the camera as it gets lower to the horizon, giving the illusion that it's turning in a shallow arc.

The guy who filmed it says it changed direction. It may have done, I wasn't there, but I can't really see it in the video.

[edit on 7/8/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

This is exactly what i myself and few others witnessed beginning this year, except that our ISS/UFO/Sat "sighting" kept us busy for more than half an hour.

We spotted it coming from the east moving north and soon afterwards, within seconds, my nephew spotted it, this time it moved back from a northerly position to the south. It disappeared after that for more than a minute until it was spotted again moving west between earth moon view towards the east. It basically did a circle with small intervals around us.

I have spoken to a member on ATS and i have written it off as satellites. The one/s we saw all moved in a straight line, unlike this one. All i got out of this is a wake wake up call to buy a decent camera to record it next time around, if i am ever that lucky again.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by qonone]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Got a question for you, since you are also in Kentucky and apparently do quite a bit of sky watching at night. Do you ever see the crazy little flashy things that are about the size of satellites, but instead of going in a straight line, they fly all over the place really really fast? I see them here all the fricken time and can't figure out what they are.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

Got a question for you, since you are also in Kentucky and apparently do quite a bit of sky watching at night. Do you ever see the crazy little flashy things that are about the size of satellites, but instead of going in a straight line, they fly all over the place really really fast? I see them here all the fricken time and can't figure out what they are.

yeah i see those no idea what they are thought.

i watched one a few night back like you speak of.
it was going across the sky i figured a satellite ect..
then all the sudden i noticed another but it was coming dead at it from the other direction.
same looking thing so i assumed a satellite.
i thought satellite's all went same way lol

they looked like they would have hit...
but i know they was miles apart.

and i see a airplane with 3 white light in the shape of a triangle with a giant red dome on bottom.
It shines a red light out or a laser.
happens late at night around 12 or 1 am.
fly's real low..
and if ya stare at it ya eye's will water.
me and my wife and brother in law and mother in law father inlaw kid's everyone see's it.
My wife told me never to take a picture of it.
so i promised i wouldn't lol or she kick my butt.
It make's no sound at all and i bet it is flying 300 foot in the air max.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

My wife told me never to take a picture of it.
so i promised i wouldn't lol or she kick my butt.
It make's no sound at all and i bet it is flying 300 foot in the air max.

Screw your 'promise to never take a picture of it'... Why would you NOT take a picture of something like that?

I'll call 'Fiddlesticks' on that.

Just do it.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

I don't think it turns either, the camera rotates and makes it look like it changed direction, but if you look at the stars, specially when if first changes direction, you can see that the stars are also changing their positions on the screen.

Judging by the way the video was made (filming a TV or computer screen) I think this is the same guy that posted a video maybe one month ago in YouTube showing the same thing.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
There are a number of interesting IR UFO videos coming to "light," as it were, apparently showing some pretty fast moving objects that don't appear to be ordinary aircraft.

Unfortunately, there are all kinds of things flying around in the night sky such as satellites, meteorites, and possibly stealth aircraft (including unmanned aircraft, which can really do some amazing things), that it's pretty hard to tell exactly what these things are. (Oh, I should also add hoaxes to that list. Infrared images can be faked, too.) As I've often said, images by themselves, even IR images, aren't really good proof of anything.

If somebody could get one of these things to land and have some kind of tentacled alien pop out, maybe give them an alien iPod or something, that would be helpful. Somebody get working on that.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Nohup]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
reply to post by Sam60

Well at first i watched it said same thing.
cause i see exact same thing every night.
But the one i see doesn't turn to go in another direction.

His is.
If ya watch the star's in front of it..it indeed is not going strait.

So i was dumbfounded.

Ps. i hope the guy uploads it directly from camera not off his tv.
But some people are slow at figuring out how to do it lol

I agree with Armap's comment (above).

I don't believe it's turning.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

and i see a airplane with 3 white light in the shape of a triangle with a giant red dome on bottom.
It shines a red light out or a laser.

Now, I haven't seen that yet, but you better believe that I want to!!! Tonight, I feel like I've been to hell and back so I wont be out looking for it, but maybe tomorrow night and I'll take my camera just in case. Chances are that since we're both in the same part of the state, if I see it, it will be the same one that you see so if I get a pic, you can have a pic of it too and wont have to go through any butt kickin to get it, hehehe.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Very steady camera! We see this all the time here out in the sticks. It is either ISS or other satellite. It definitely is not the tool bag though, that burned coming back in this week.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

UFOs actually move faster than that.
It's too slow.
My guess is that it's a satellite.
It could also be the Aurora.
RAM Jet engines

new topics

top topics

join