It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Camelot Interview Dr Steven Greer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

The thing is, if you've heard what Jim Mars has to say time and time again, maybe it's time someone moves him to a new topic so we can get some new information. Even if it is done awkwardly.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROTJ6

ROFLMAO! You mean like how "minions" always "froth forth from the depths" to condemn him?

I dunno, I guess I could defend him. But maybe I'm getting lazy in my old age

Well, if any researcher delves into the Greer machine they usually come to the same conclusions about it being a 'nice' money maker and very cultish. It invalidates the cause for true research scientifically - and gives the MSM fuel against the true cause of UFOlogy.

I think that is why the anti-Greer minions froth forth

We are angry, and for good reason.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I've listened to about half of the Greer/PC interview/debate but the jerkiness of the audio is too annoying to go on. Here are my thoughts. Greer had some interesting ideas and I understand his position that if some aliens really were hostile, we'd have been toast long ago. That makes sense to me. What also makes sense is the notion that intelligent species aren't allowed outside their solar system until they prove themselves peaceful. Reminds me of the original The Day The Earth Stood Still concept. I do have a little problem with the claim that aliens warned Neil Armstrong that the moon was off limits. Here's why.

Overpopulation is becoming more and more of a problem because of lack of resources...food, energy, water, etc. Scarcity generates conflict. If peace is the objective, then allowing mankind to exploit the resources of our solar system including the moon, will help us remove scarcity as an catalyst for war. Savage's book The Millenium Project: How to Colonize the Galaxy in Eight Easy Steps gives a well thoughtout, imaginative but realistic way to expand Human Civilization out beyond the Earth so that everyone will have virtually unlimited energy and resources and room. So if the aliens really do want us to become peaceful, then keeping us bottled up on the Earth seems to be a poor way to get there.

Greer's other point that we should be careful about making assumptions from limited information with regards to the 'Greys' being extraterrestrials is a valid point. They might be future humans as PC believes or they might be programmed life forms created by the military as Greer believes or they might be something else altogether. Listening to Greer, it occurred to me that maybe...just maybe Project Camelot is being manipulated by the PTB to disseminate disinformation by arranging for 'whistleblowers' to come forward. It's an interesting idea.

One comment about Kerry's interviewing style. She was definitely more confrontational in this Greer interview than I've seen in the past. There was one interview a while ago, with I think it was Henry Deacon (the guy with the grey beard and ponytail) who Kerry seemed to be enamored with. He came across as being so full of himself, that he appeared to enjoy knowing secrets that he wasn't going to reveal and he actually said something like..."there's a lot more I could tell you about this (issue) but I'm not going to" Same thing on stage at the recent conference. He gets up spends five minutes telling us non-relevant information about his life, then says he could talk for three hours about this stuff but is only allowed one hour and then proceeds to very slowly talk about stuff that again is not relevant to the main topic, allowing himself to go off on tangents, interjecting with personal information that we don't care about, etc. He loves to hear his own voice.

It's obvious that Greer is far more intelligent than Bill or Kerry and he's a scientist and they are not. That isn't meant to be a put down but rather an observation. With that as a given, and with the caveat that all other things are equal (which is a huge assumption I admit), I'm more inclined to believe what Greer says than what PC claim. The notion that the Earth will run out of oxygen in four years is bizarre to say the least. I can't think of ANY plausible explanation that would result in that. Can anyone fill in the blanks here and tell us what that rumor is based on?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by peatlaska

For the past couple of hours I've been listening to Marrs on Red Ice and Coast to Coast. It's been enjoyable. Enjoyable because the hosts let Marrs run things. They closely observe Marrs' intonation, as do most in even casual conversation. When the flow tails off (when Marrs indicates he's said what he intended to thus far) the host briefly asks a question. Marrs responds. There's a natural rhythm. Occasionally, Marrs will refer to the host by name, or will himself ask a question. There might be brief back and forth, and then Marrs will move into his next point. And so on. No jarring. No frustration for the listener. No interruptions. The hosts do not speak over Marrs. Nothing is lost. The flow of information is unimpeded. Marrs after all is the invited guest and focus of the show. His thoughts and opinions have been sought. Professionalism, basic good manners are observed.

As with most accustomed to addressing a crowd, Marrs organises his points then logically follows, builds, concludes. His is an organised mind. He may commence speaking about Sumerians, knowing that he intends to explain the progression through to Egypt or Iraq or subsequent secret societies in the 11th century. He sees it in his mind, stretched before him in point/picture form. He wants the listener/viewer to also recognise how this links with that. He's telling a story to illustrate a point.

When a host interrupts him mid-flow with a comment about something Marrs had intended anyway to mention further along, it means Marrs has to interrupt the progression. The listener is thus short-changed.

When the host next interrupts about something entirely different, it requires Marrs to put his intended comments on hold in order to follow the tangent introduced by the host. When this occurs numerous times, with Marrs being required to respond repeatedly to the host's questions and comments, then Marrs' intended discourse is taken completely off track.

This is where we see clearly that the host, for whatever reason (ego and rudeness are to be suspected) is determined to control both Marrs and the path of the discussion --- as occurs during numerous Project Camelot presentations.

The Project Camelot host was more concerned with demonstrating to Marrs (and possibly the viewing audience) that she knew some of this stuff, too. It was like a smart-alec student interrupting the teacher in order to prove that she could run the class because she knew as much as the teacher but posing it mostly in question-form in order the teacher must politely acknowledge her as equal and award her a pat on the head for being such a smart girl.

Oh yes, I vastly prefer Coast to Coast and Red Ice's hosting of Marrs on their shows. They got the best out of Marrs and the audience enjoy an uninterrupted flow of information at Marrs' own speed and in his own style. But then perhaps unlike Project Camelot, Red Ice and Coast to Coast aren't trying to prove anything to themselves, to Marrs or to the listener.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Agree with the above posters that Kerry seems to be in love with herself, and the sound of her own voice. She seems to think the audience wants to hear HER rather than the subject they are supposed to be interviewing, which is beyond presumptious and egotistical on her behalf. What an embarassment.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The interview was not an interview. It started off as in interview, then went downhill into a battle of "I'm going to tell you how to think". A poor debate, leaving one to wonder why did I watch that video in the first place.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
The interview was not an interview. It started off as in interview, then went downhill into a battle of "I'm going to tell you how to think". A poor debate, leaving one to wonder why did I watch that video in the first place.

Which is probably why Greer didn't want the interview in the first place.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
Well, if any researcher delves into the Greer machine they usually come to the same conclusions about it being a 'nice' money maker and very cultish. It invalidates the cause for true research scientifically - and gives the MSM fuel against the true cause of UFOlogy.

I think that is why the anti-Greer minions froth forth

We are angry, and for good reason.

Okay, so people are angry. But angry enough to DO.......... what, exactly?

Greer has already refused to interview with ATS, and I seriously doubt he even reads these threads. So what can we do to get his attention? How do you propose to get him to see your side or answer your questions?

I think you will find that there's really far too much apathy and indifference in here. People are sure quick to criticize Greer, but when you ask them to actually DO stuff, even something small like read a book or watch a DVD, they back right off.

But hey, if you think you can do better, if you can actually get Greer to do something, or get people around here on ATS to do something - more power to you!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

I understand the concepts of a flowing interview, and how things are done in mainstream programming (alternative programming mostly uses the same communication style as mainstream, it is the topic that makes it alternative and not the communication style). Communications programs teach tactics to communicate in ways that will resonate with audiences. Audiences like you and myself are accustom to these tactics by the use of natural brain functions and by habit; we are used to these tactics because they are used now and have been used all our lives. When somebody doesn’t follow these tactics, like Project Camelot, it causes cognitive dissonance in our brains. (I feel it too when watching kerry; I cringe) It is important when feeling this cognitive dissonance that you recognize it as just cognitive dissonance (a reaction) so you can begin to really analize what is going on. If you fail to recognize it, then your analysis is extremely biased. You begin to think that because somebody flows, that somebody is more likely to be correct. This is how politicians and anybody else whose purpose is to have a following communicates. Jim Mars is a great communicator because he wants people to listen and that is cool. With that being said, the purpose of Project Camelot as I see it is to get information out of people and not to have a following and I commend them for that even if it causes me to cringe. I just get over it.
Here is what I do to make Project Camelot just as enjoyable in the long term as those other programs: After dealing with the cognitive dissonance that I experience when kerry interupts, I try to understand why she has interrupted. I don’t believe it is because she is trying to show off what she knows. I believe she is interjecting because she has already heard what you and I have heard on coast and red ice and she would like for Jim Mars and others not to just keep repeating the same stuff that she and we all have heard before.
If I’ve already heard Jim Mars’ presentation on red ice and coast, then why would I want to hear the same exact presentation again on another medium? I don’t. I want to hear someone who has heard the same presentation as I have interrupt when I’m hearing the unneeded back-story that I’ve already heard. The hope is that it will move the interviewee along to a new place. Do I really want to hear David Icke explain Problem Reaction Solution yet again?
Now, I agree with you that hearing Jim Mars on coast, and red ice can be more enjoyable. This is because those hosts are trained to remove and or not cause any cognitive dissonance to make their programs the easiest listen as possible while still being engaging in terms of topic. Project Camelot isn’t like those programs and I’m glad for it because their freedom (won’t get fired) to cause cognitive dissonance often leads to new places.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Okay, so people are angry. But angry enough to DO.......... what, exactly?

Absolutely nothing. Greer has proven himself time and time again to fabricate the actualities of the UFO subject his beliefs are beyond even the fringe of the issue. He claims to be an insider with all of this data and proof, but time and time again we as researchers see nothing. It is the same ‘old’ tired story, but on a grander scale, why should people play into it?

Greer has already refused to interview with ATS, and I seriously doubt he even reads these threads. So what can we do to get his attention? How do you propose to get him to see your side or answer your questions?

Look. The serious investigators don't listen to a word Greer says - what would be the justification of attracting his attention? Greer knows the majority of my side's arguments against him - why do you think he refused the ATS interview? He would be torn asunder and his claims about being an insider destroyed... he has way to much at stake, a standard of living to maintain through selling ET's to people who believe him.

I think you will find that there's really far too much apathy and indifference in here. People are sure quick to criticize Greer, but when you ask them to actually DO stuff, even something small like read a book or watch a DVD, they back right off.

No, I have read Greer's claims and part of his book Extraterrestrial Contact - I just couldn't stomach the inconsistancies and fiction.

My belief is this: Get SCIENTIFIC evidence, something the MSM can not deny - not some Doctor claiming he has "seen" varios things. How can the world believe that? I can tell you I have an EBE right next to me - or even state that I am an EBE (NO, I AM NOT, JUST AN EXAMPLE FOLKS), would you just accept that or question me on it? YOU would question me.

But hey, if you think you can do better, if you can actually get Greer to do something, or get people around here on ATS to do something - more power to you!

Do better with what? I am not flying any banner and charging into battle - I am just stating facts about Greer and educating people. As far as I am concerned, Greer hung himself by discrediting the hundreds of witnesses he had sign the DP. He discredited them by turning an investigation into some nutty romp through the new age belief process.

He claims to have met aliens, he claims to have seen zero point free energy devices, he claims to know that the aliens are non hostile, he claims to have inside government information about EBEs, and UFOs... all without something called PROOF.

So yes, many of us are angry at him - but generally just complain about what a chump he is... nothing more. The more serious researchers (not to speak on everyones behalf) really don't want anything to do with him.

Also - don't get me wrong, I think both parties in the interview were way off base. This should be a scientific discussion with shared resources - instead you have some claims about mind control and other forces at work that can not be proven. Great science fiction - and even better fuel for the MSM to scoff at UFOlogists.

Peace,
Kroms33

[edit on 8/9/2009 by kroms33]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Do you really think he would see any other side other than his own? His mind is already made up. He already knows the truth, at least he claims he does.

And why would we want to get Greer's attention? I don't see what the big deal would be.

I think you will find that there's really far too much apathy and indifference in here.

I agree with you, but I think that's exactly why there's so many people believing Greer: it's easier to believe what Greer and people like him say, rather than going to look for it yourself and having to critically think to decide what's bunk and what's not.

Why think when All Mighty Greer, the knower of truth, can tell you what's real and what's not? Pending deposit of a small fee

People are sure quick to criticize Greer, but when you ask them to actually DO stuff, even something small like read a book or watch a DVD, they back right off.

If people actually want to do something positive and constructive, that would advance the quality and improve the credibility of the UFO field and research, my first suggestion would be to distance themselves as much as possible from Greer and others like him.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

kroms33

Listen, it appears that there are quite a few people who don't want to work with Greer.

But Greer, and Dr. Loder, aren't the only game in town, they aren't the only ones active in the areas of new energy tech or contact work. There are plenty of others who are also capable of getting these disclosures done. So I am not worried.

I do think that if we want to honestly deny ignorance here at ATS, we should at least be honest with people about all of the evidence, including what's in these books and on these DVDs. But that's hard to do when no one will even look at the damn things.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

reply to post by kroms33

kroms33

Listen, it appears that there are quite a few people who don't want to work with Greer.

But Greer, and Dr. Loder, aren't the only game in town, they aren't the only ones active in the areas of new energy tech or contact work. There are plenty of others who are also capable of getting these disclosures done. So I am not worried.

I do think that if we want to honestly deny ignorance here at ATS, we should at least be honest with people about all of the evidence, including what's in these books and on these DVDs. But that's hard to do when no one will even look at the damn things.

I think there is mounting evidence to support the idea that we are not alone in the universe or on this planet. There are NASA astronauts stating things like "the alien ship is still under surveillance," and countless documents that insure that the US government and other world governments have a multitude of interests in the subject. Some governments like France, Russia and Belgium have actually gone further than others have.
So yes, I believe there are UFOs but with all of the disinformation (and Greer spews tons of it), no one knows what to believe – and this is how THEY want it.
If we do this scientifically rather than rely on hearsay – we will have documentation and proof THEY can’t deny, if we rely on Greer and disinformation campaigns that steer the MSM and public in the wrong direction we have nothing but laughs from all corners of the globe.
I believe some of the people that signed the DP were inside and have knowledge of government programs, but unfortunately – after starting the DP Greer started other new age non scientific projects – thus forcing any real belief in the people he gathered out the window.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The "Interview" started off nice Enough... But Yes, Quickly it deteriorated into a Battle of Egos Between Dr. Greer and "Krazy" Kerry. To be honest, up until now, I had thought what Project Camelot was doing was good work. But now, After reading some more of their actual literature, I Am Adversely Opposed to their Philosophy and View Points. Dr. Greer Made many wonderful points, among which was the Danger of Labels. Reptilians Both From the Earth and From the Stars as well As Draconians and Zeta Should All be Respected and Sent Love, Even if Hate is all that is reciprocated. We Are ALL ONE. There are Very Spiritually Evolved Dragons of Love and Light. As well, there are Many Zeta that can Reproduce Still and are Great Healers. Humans, and the High-Priest Hood are more to Blame at this Stage. Also the point he is tries to make about terminology. There are Extraterrestrials, Extradimensionals, Hybrid Races Created on Earth, The Cybernetic Organisms, to name a Few. Not to mention Alien Life on our Own Planet, yet to be discovered and some that have been known a long time, but never understood. So, of course there is a lot of confusion. Humans BTW are a Hybrid Race of 22 Races (as well as being a Multidimensional Being). Including Draconian/Reptilian/Zeta As well as Vegan\Pleiades\Orion\Sirius and of Course some Earth Primate. Anyway, Dr. Greer was Right On. Kerry musta been Smokin' Krazy Kerry Krack. Or Something.

Anyway. I leave it with, We are ALL ONE. No Exceptions. That Draconian your Hatin' on could have been your Mom in a Past Life, or in a Future one. LOL

Om A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhih, Dhih, Dhih

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What in the world was that
. Someone should video edit the highlights from that (which there are plenty) with some well fitted music.

Her husband bill seems to be a puppet remotely controlled by "Krazzy" Kerry. He nods and agrees to everything she says and every time KK gets into trouble he jumps to her rescue, quite some drone she owns.

It's obvious Greer has open his mind so much it's starting to close to other views. But these duo are on a completely different level. They are out to attack every single view he has for no apparent reason. I ASSUME they were mad because he didn't consider their religion in his interstellar peace society theory.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by davidifty

thanks for sharing this vid..

i agree with Steven Greer..

in my opinion project camelot is shill..

all is good...lol @ shills...i still love you

love always wins though

much love to you all

namaste'

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I've listened to plenty of these interviews conducted by UFO people and they are uniformly awful. Poorly prepared, they almost always are a rambling mess and a waste of time.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I can't believe this interview made me like Greer.
The woman's stupidity makes him look really smart and credible.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by artvandalay
I can't believe this interview made me like Greer.
The woman's stupidity makes him look really smart and credible.

Like Greer... or despise him slightly less than that wench Kerry? I'd like to put them both into a burlap sack, hang it from the rafters and have at it with a broomstick until my arms get tired.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

I kinda lean towards this...

Plus these..

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join