It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October: A Good Month to Stay in Bed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I just don't get it... Has anyone else noticed how tidings of doom from various sources point to October 2009 as a really bad month?

The angst concerning October seems to come from everywhere-- legitimate sources and (seemingly) crazies alike...

Take for example:

7/7/2009 BRACE for "OCTOBER CRASH"

Sort of legitimizes Lyndon LaRouche's prediction, below, huh?

Lyndon LaRouche has issued a pointed warning: The final collapse of the entire global financial system is just months away, and the window is rapidly closing on the last, best opportunity to avert a global plunge into a Dark Age that will make Europe's plunge in the 14th Century seem mild by comparison.

By LaRouche's estimate, as things stand now, the close of the fiscal year, on Sept. 30, will mark the onset of a full-scale financial crash, by no later than mid-October, once the year-end figures have been presented, and the panic sets in. LaRouche has never been wrong in any of his long-range forecasts, and the last time he gave such a precise date for a financial shock, was in the Summer of 1987, when he warned that the financial bubble was going to burst sometime in October. He was right then, and he is right today.

Recent studies show that 48 U.S. states are fundamentally insolvent. While official unemployment is hovering just below 10%, in some former industrial states, like Michigan and Ohio, the figure is more than double that amount. Only 29% of the currently unemployed are receiving benefits, with 38 states behind, or unable to enroll the newly unemployed—because they have run out of money!

As a growing number of economists are coming to realize, LaRouche has been right: This is not a recession. It is not even a Great Depression. This is the collapse of the entire global dollar-based financial system. The insane policies of both the Bush and Obama administrations have created the greatest financial bubble in history, through the $24 trillion bailout of the banks and insurance companies. We are on the verge of Weimar hyperinflation on a global scale.

Link.

Remember this?

Latest Schultz Shock: A leading newsletter paints a grim picture of the future

"Some U.S. embassies worldwide are being advised to purchase massive amounts of local currencies; enough to last them a year. Some embassies are being sent enormous amounts of U.S. cash to purchase currencies from those governments, quietly. But not pound sterling. Inside the State Dept., there is a sense of sadness and foreboding that 'something' is about to happen ... within 180 days, but could be 120-150 days."

If this was published in June, 120 days puts the timing in October!

See also:

Five Reasons the Market Could Crash This Fall

BLATANT Monetization Uncovered

Then it gets even more frenzied. Take for example this youtube post:

Recent Civil Unrest Training & October Orders

Which certainly seems to support this tidbit:

U.S. Troops In Homeland “Crowd Control” Patrols From October 1st

U.S. troops returning from duty in Iraq will be carrying out homeland patrols in America from October 1st in complete violation of Posse Comitatus for the purposes of helping with “civil unrest and crowd control” – which could include dealing with unruly Americans after a complete economic collapse.

This shocking admission was calmly reported on September 8th by the Army Times website, which reports that from the beginning of next month the 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team “Will be under the day-to-day control of U.S. Army North, the Army service component of Northern Command, as an on-call federal response force for natural or manmade emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks.”

The article notes that the deployment “marks the first time an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment to NorthCom, a joint command established in 2002 to provide command and control for federal homeland defense efforts and coordinate defense support of civil authorities.”

The purpose of the unit’s patrols includes helping “with civil unrest and crowd control or to deal with potentially horrific scenarios such as massive poisoning and chaos in response to a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive, or CBRNE, attack.”

Then there is the generalized predictions of this blogger, as another example:

The Stage is Set for another False-Flag 'Terrorist' Attack in 2009

Or of Ron Paul:

Congressman Paul: Millions Of Americans Have Had Enough (False flag event probably in the works)

And then there is the really crazy stuff, like this:

Radio Host warns that a Nuclear bomb is set to explode in Washington DC on October 11th 2009

I could keep posting example after example, but I think you get the point.

Notice the frenzy? Notice a theme?

Why this October?

I seem to also recall a similar frenzy in the past. Does anyone else?

Say what you will about any of these examples, but what is clear is that we still remain a nation under great stress. These are uncertain times indeed...

Let's hope this is all just meaningless hype.

Good luck everyone.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by loam]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
October 25-26 is the timeframe that keeps popping up time and time again. Timewave Zero (which is a program that maps time of great change in human affairs) dips to it's lowest point so far earlier on the 26th (GMT). The Web-bot guys point to that specific time as a major shifting point. Recently on Coast to Coast, 2 guests that predict earthquakes mentioned October 25th (Jim Berkland I believe specified that day). And this boy from Colombia who can evidently predict the future made a prediction on May 26th that 5 months later something bad would happen:

[edit on 7/8/09 by Evasius]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Yes, I remember your timewave posts... I can't honestly say I understand what you do, though I actually thought about your posts while writing this one. I'm glad you stopped by.

October.

Everything seems fixated on that month.

Strange....

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Yes most crashes seem to happen in Oct and yes there does seem to be a coming together of various forces and predictions.

Just make sure you're stocked up with supplies and alternative food/energy sources.

After all if you've got it - you can use it anyway if/when nothing happens and if the SHTF you're prepared - win/win.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb

I suppose I should buy lots of popcorn.

As I said, hopefully this is all nonsense.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Interesting find Evasius! I'm hoping Oliver's prediction about Obama isn't true. I'd hate to think what would happen in the US should the president be given the Kennedy treatment. Our cities would explode. If you thought the Rodney King verdict brought on bad riots we ain't seen nothing yet.
October does seem to be the critical month, particularly as far as the economy is concerned. I have a good friend who is in the investment business and he isn't too concerned. I'm hoping his optimism will rub off on me. Whatever happens I wish good luck to all, things are tough enough as it is.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Great Thread! I do believe something large is coming our way in late October. I'll reserve my judgments as to what it might be until we are closer to that time frame.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm leaning toward October to, so is my mother. We've alreday begun stocking up on essentials, it's just hard to find out how to store so much water, 6 people live in my house and we will be drinking 3-4 gallons of water a day, So water storage is becoming a problem, you should see all the 5 gallon buckets filled with water throughout my house.

Some people think we are nuts for preparing, I just laugh at them and say "atleast we will be prepared". I just hope I don't have any visitors wanting to come and take our supplys away when the collapse happens, because then I might have to put my stock of ammunition to work.

I hope it doesn't come down to that.
[edit on 8/22/2009 by Uniceft17]

[edit on 8/22/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Is it not inevitable that the market will drop again?

No doubt in my opinion. now lets find how many poeple are trying to capitalize on this... i.e. make $money$..

Now what good would money do us if the economic framework of the world just collapsed?

Im all for caution and preparedness, but some just take this entirely too far...if the world comes to an end..dont worry about "I told you so"..youll have other problems to worry about..

until then theres not a thing that can change my way i want to live and my will to chase my dreams...

all the doomers need not reply...

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Heads up Warning from National Guard

I try to be a rational guy, but these kind of threads just freak me out.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by loam]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wheu! Just caught your thread at the bottom of the page, good presentation Loam
, it is my feeling that we will see mass paranoia over vaccines and people will be lining up for the shots when the real numbers start to become a main stream reality.

No matter how much info is out there about the possible side effects, think about those commercials that are selling drugs which spend 90% of the commercial stating the possible side effects including death, they actually sell.

So just know that we will see the markets come and go, money changes its power structure, diseases come and go, and we have seen metorites strike earth plenty of times, many of the problems we face are simply challenges to be met.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
More:

"Is another 9/11 set to unfold?"
Stock Up, This is Not a Test, Ominous Signals
Heads up Warning from National Guard
Another Warning to America From Army Soldier.
Radio Host warns that a Nuclear bomb is set to explode in Washington DC on October 11th 2009

Incidentally, I'd like someone to verify something for me. Try to make hotel reservations for the last week of this month in Cheyenne, WY.

For some really odd reason, they all seem booked... Why would that be?

May be nothing, but it really struck me as odd...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I keep getting the feeling that late October will be the time we see an overwhelming resurgence in H1N1 cases and the beginning of a long winter.

October will also be the post third business quarter, and as many have stated the third quarter earnings reports will be posted and could cause a serious drop in the markets if they come across as poorly as many believe.

Me personally, I love October. Football, leaves changing, the World Series, Halloween, crisp autumn air. But as they so...hope for the best and prepare for the worst. All you can do really

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hello! I have had eye twitches in both eyes after reading stuff on ats for the last three days since 9/9/9. Everything is off, the whole reality of all the bad things that have went on since 9/11/01 is overwhelming. That with the 2012 predictions, all a person can do is sit and cry. Doesn't everyone want a peacefull planet for themselves and their loved ones? Can't
we all work together for stability and happiness?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I myself could use a really long vacation, starting right now rather than October. But it'll be a long vacation, a month plus.

As for the October prediction itself, well, if Barack is starting a trade war with China now, it's not unlikely everything will go berserk in October.

top topics

join