It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A First Hand View of a Raucous Town Hall Meeting (not staged!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
A First Hand View of a Raucous Town Hall (not staged!)

Hmm. ABC news has contradicted itself here
(www.abovetopsecret.com...)
I think that's because this guy here did some actual reporting and talking with people, rather than take talking points from the white house as they so often do.

I have seen cases of republicans being attacked as well as democrats who only contacted democratic voters about the meetings. This is not a left vs. right thing at all.

This seems to confirm what most have suspected: the politicians like nancy pelosi and others saying the town hall revolt is astroturf, or orchestrated by insurance companies seems to be a blatant lie. And they call us conspiracy theorists.

What a pack of thuggish know-it-all criminals. They can't stand the fact that the people don't agree with them. Remember the 300:1 calls against the bailout and polls still showing 99% of people vehemently against it? Hello, you SERVE US you morons!

Calling it staged is dangerous because it threatens free speech. Now the precedent is set for when they are faced with opposition, they can write it off as fake and get away with anything.

It's like they have forgotten or don't care any more that they can be voted out. Do they know something we don't or are they really that dumb?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It would not surprise me to find big pharma and the medical industry opposed to any health care reform. To really bring down the cost of health care all insurance must be eliminated. Medicare, Medicaid, and all private insurance. Once health care becomes cash and carry, then prices will go down because the market will dictate the price instead of the industry dictating it..

[edit on 8-7-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I have said the same thing about college education for years. So long as there are subsidies to a product there is no need to become competitive in pricing. That free $4500 on the Cash for Clunkers program is having the effect of no negotiations on purchases. That is if your credit score allows for a bank loan in the first place. An additional side effect is it also raised the price of used cars in private sales. Why take $2500-$3000 from a neighbor that needs a used car when the government will give you $4500?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
It would not surprise me to find big pharma and the medical industry opposed to any health care reform. To really bring down the cost of health care all insurance must be eliminated. Medicare, Medicaid, and all private insurance. Once health care becomes cash and carry, then prices will go down because the market will dictate the price instead of the industry dictating it..

[edit on 8-7-2009 by groingrinder]

Let me first answer your nice big friendly letters with a captialized LOL.
Now let me go on to say that one of the fundamentals of a free market is the consumers ability to choose. In thngs medical he can't. And i am not talking about wich color pill or hospital or ambulance. I am talking about the event that makes him a customer. No. You don't choose your type of cancer, or what kind of flu.

Health care is really the type of thing you want a free market for uhuh. "I am sorry sir, but we had to close our trauma surgical ward. They didnt make enough money. We really can't reattach your leg. Or actually close the wound to stop you from bleeding to death. Would you like a nice boobjob instead?"

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Can I get a man boob reduction for $19.95. And I will take the daily special on prostate exams for $27.50 please.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Has anyone been to one of these things? I haven't been because I live in the boonies. Could you give us your impressions?

top topics

join