It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

64 Years ago, Yesterday... (Warning some graphic material)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by Chad_Thomas89
Atomic weapons are disgusting and are a disgrace smudged upon the history of man.

Wrong again, they saved millions of lives and bought a end to WW2, despite what revisionists like to claim. Japan could have surrendered at any time, but they refused to until after both bombs were dropped - and the USA was gearing up to drop more.

It could be argued as well that the post WWII nuclear weapon stockpiles ultimately saved untold lives moderating aggression between the superpowers.

Just by the knowledge of their existence, nuclear weapons force potential belligerents to give pause to ponder the possibility that any conflict between NATO and the Warsaw pact had the potential to escalate into unlimited nuclear warfare.

Had it not been for the restraint imposed by the threat the nukes posed by just existing, the cold war would have in all likelihood been much hotter and deadlier.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal

We have never used a Nuclear Weapon since. The ones we did use put an end to an aggressive war by an Imperial Power.

United States used Depleted Uranium (DU) and Tactical Nukes on Iraq. These are nuclear weapons. Also, United States used cluster bombs upon those Iraqis trying to flee "Highway Of Death".

In total, millions of Iraqis dead and the aftermath DNA birth defects seem endless till now.

I have no doubt that Caucasians (United States and its white-skinned allies) are the Gog and Magog mentioned in holy books that continue to wreck havoc on earth thru deception, lies and violence, even till Jesus comes back.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
United States used Depleted Uranium (DU) and Tactical Nukes on Iraq. These are nuclear weapons.

They did not use tactical nukes in Iraq, why post such lies?

Also, United States used cluster bombs upon those Iraqis trying to flee "Highway Of Death".

They would not surrender, so their fault.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

Originally posted by Oatmeal

We have never used a Nuclear Weapon since. The ones we did use put an end to an aggressive war by an Imperial Power.

United States used Depleted Uranium (DU) and Tactical Nukes on Iraq. These are nuclear weapons. Also, United States used cluster bombs upon those Iraqis trying to flee "Highway Of Death".

In total, millions of Iraqis dead and the aftermath DNA birth defects seem endless till now.

Depleted Uranium kinetic energy penetration (shells) are inert and in no way considered to be a nuclear weapon.

I'm not even interested in a source for your assertion that the U.S. used any type of nuclear weapons in Iraq, I'm sure you know the claim is bogus just as well as I do.

The U.S. did employ cluster sub-munitions during Desert Storm along with a myriad of iron bombs and precision weapons, what does that have to do with nuclear weapons?

I would challenge your assertion of millions of dead Iraqi's and ask you to provide a legitimate source for your claim "endless DNA birth defects".

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by Chad_Thomas89
Atomic weapons are disgusting and are a disgrace smudged upon the history of man.

Wrong again, they saved millions of lives and bought a end to WW2, despite what revisionists like to claim. Japan could have surrendered at any time, but they refused to until after both bombs were dropped - and the USA was gearing up to drop more.

It could be argued as well that the post WWII nuclear weapon stockpiles ultimately saved untold lives moderating aggression between the superpowers.

Just by the knowledge of their existence, nuclear weapons force potential belligerents to give pause to ponder the possibility that any conflict between NATO and the Warsaw pact had the potential to escalate into unlimited nuclear warfare.

Had it not been for the restraint imposed by the threat the nukes posed by just existing, the cold war would have in all likelihood been much hotter and deadlier.
I still can't believe you people still think nuclear weapons...actual weapons of mass destruction...are a good thing. They save lives?!?! I don't get this brand of thinking. A nuclear holocaust is truly around the corner if our leaders think like you do....all it takes is one shot to destry the world and with the backwards thinking most of our leaders express, it sure sounds imminent.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join