It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pharaoh of pop: Egyptian bust a dead ringer for Michael Jackson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

The pharaoh of pop: Egyptian bust a dead ringer for Michael Jackson

network.nationalpost.com

Talk about HIStory. Chicago is abuzz with the sudden discovery of an ancient Egyptian statue that looks uncannily like the late king of pop — or perhaps it should be pharaoh of pop
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a friend of mine just put this up on her art blog and i thought it was pretty cool so i figured id share it.

the article says that the bust is undoubtedly a woman, but other than that is "as anonymous as Jackson was famous"

maybe michael jackson really was an alien and visited ancient egyptians!
anyways, sorry if this isnt a worthy post, i am just killing time and thought some people here would appreciate this

network.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by brianxfahey

Cute, it even has a botched nose job.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Face is off balance... if that is Egyptian it was made by an apprentice

Dare I say it? Photoshopped?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

More likely it was restored by an apprentice.

The staff at the Cairo Museum (is this from there?) are legendary for their clumsiness and incompetence.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Ok, on one hand I think people see what they want to see when something like this comes along.
Maybe I would have thought that looked like MJ if I hadn't have been led to think so before hand.

But in saying that, I can see a resemblance. What I think is even creepier is how the eye on the left side of the face looks more slanted and almondy shaped. . and the right one looks.. more human. It's actually pretty hilarious how the nose is gamy like MJs own.
I say it's probably a hoax - what a coincidence that an Egyptian bust bearing a striking resemblance to the King of Pop who has conveniently just died and been plastered all over the news, has managed to just turn up AND it even has a botched nose - most likely a joke, and not a bad one at that.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Wow, It does look like little Michael!
How strange is that?
Maybe he was Egypt's king of pop in a past life!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by brianxfahey

So its a "sudden" discovery? I would be more likely to think it's real if it wasnt so sudden right after his death and that it looks like him. Had it been discovered while he was alive I would be more likely to believe its real. Right now I am not so sure. I just find it weird it was suddenly found and looks like MJ. I could be wrong but I could be right.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Educated Gues: the rihgt hand side as you look at it is restored and the left is teh orginal non damaged part. (Put your handover each half in turn.) Its unbalanced...and I've yet to meet anyone that looks like that with eyes pointing in different directions...unless you count marty feldman lol.

Wayne...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by the secret web
Educated Gues: the rihgt hand side as you look at it is restored and the left is teh orginal non damaged part. (Put your handover each half in turn.) Its unbalanced...and I've yet to meet anyone that looks like that with eyes pointing in different directions...unless you count marty feldman lol.

Wayne...

Yeah if you just look at the eyes you can tell its unbalanced.

edit: Ok after looking into this a little more I do believe its a real artifact but in no way related to MJ. It just happens to look like him. I will look in my books on Egypt esp the nice ones with many gorgeous pics, to see if this is in any of them.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

say it's probably a hoax - what a coincidence that an Egyptian bust bearing a striking resemblance to the King of Pop who has conveniently just died and been plastered all over the news, has managed to just turn up AND it even has a botched nose - most likely a joke, and not a bad one at that.

I wouldn’t say he conveniently just died, as I don’t think it was all that convenient to him. I do get your point though that this turning up right at this point in time right after his death is rather an interesting coincidence. Even though I only see a rather vague resemblance.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I call hoax.

It doesn't look anything like a white black guy.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think this is already being discussed here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

LOL, I know, I wouldn't say his death was "convenient" either - I thought it might have sounded a bit bad, but you got my point

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

The real michael jackson from the late 70's and early 80's is dead or has been in living among us. The transformed Michael was not the real Mike.

Remember Milli vanilli?

As far as the bust, thats cool. I always wondered what "Michael Jackson" was trying to look like. Mabey he was well versed in the art of antiquities.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
CNN finally caught on to this story. www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2009/08/18/ac.beat.mon.cnn

nice to see us a week or more ahead of them.

new topics

top topics

join