It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War Z

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I really dug World War Z too.
I finished it in a few marathon sessions. i couldn't stop. Somebody gave it to my roomate for christmas and he's never even cracked it. I snatched it up immediately.
The different stories didn't break up the flow at all, i found myself finishing one and preparing to go do something else, and just getting pulled into the next one.
Some of my favorite stories were the Japensese hacker kid's escape from his high rise apartment, the downed air force pilot, the underwater z hunter, the blind gardener, the man who was the celeb bodyguard (one of the more sickening stories in how the rich and famous acted), and the soldier's account of z's being culled to the sounds of Iron Maiden, lol (I played that track on repeat when i read that part!)
There were parts equally touching and human as there were exciting and frightening. I loved it. thanks for starting this thread!
I had no idea it would be a movie yet, but lets not go out and see it until you've read it...don't be a zombie! use your imagination!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Which short stories are you referring too? Within the book or separate?

Separate. They are usually in different Zombie anthology books, with short stories by different authors. Max Brooks typically has a story in each one I've purchased, and all are from the World War Z idea (basically noted as additional reports of the narrator)...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I enjoyed seeing how the author played out the information in his survival guide within the stories of WWZ.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I bought the book and I accidently left it at my friends house. Two years ago
Thanks for reminding me with this post. I better get it back and start reading it now that I saw that thread about a "zombie/rage" virus being created and tested on mice.

The first two chapters were interesting

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MoebabFlundershuntz

Hell yeah! What beats massacreing zombies to The Trooper?

I look toward watching the battle of Yonkers on the big screen.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yeah, that would be pretty epic. The visuals while reading about it certainly would be incredible on film. Especially if they did some shots from the GI point of view, looking out of those specialty bio suits, and the combat linkup as their buddies are getting mauled! Completely epic!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Don't forget lungs bursting out of the body after the air force bombs the place. That, combined with the Ukraine chemical bombing scene would be some hardcore sh!t

top topics

<< 1   >>

join