It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Web addict' death investigated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Chinese officials are investigating the case of a teenager who was allegedly beaten to death at a camp designed to treat internet addiction.

Fifteen-year-old Deng Senshan died on Sunday less than 24 hours after arrival at the Qihang Salvation Training Camp.

Four members of staff at the facility in Nanning have been arrested over the death, according to local reports.

China is increasingly taking action to treat what it sees as a pandemic of web addiction amongst teenagers.

news.bbc.co.uk...

This outrages me the internet an adiction?, i suppose there about to bring a drug out to help this illness

[edit on 7/8/2009 by theflashor]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The internet is as much of an addiction as any drug like nicotine or a methamphetamine. Whether it be Myspace, Twitter, or WoW, the internet has become yet another world within our own. A virtual world where anyone can be anywhere they so choose by just a few clicks here or there, depending on your internet speed of course

It may prove difficult for some people to break the habit of let's say staying up until 3 in the morning waiting for a decent post on ATS to pop up. It affects not only your relationships with people in the real world, but affects your health and sleep habits as well.

It was really hard for me to break my addiction of staying up until 5 in the morning every night playing Socom on the PS2. Now that I have broken the habit, I haven't played it in almost 2 years.

I don't think they will come up with a drug for it, physical therapy would work wonders...like going outside for once, just as a prime example. I know the sun burns, but it is good for you. Just think, if you stay out in the sun long enough, you will get a tan and you will be able to hook up with a real person instead of stalking their pictures over the internet, doing whatever else it is you do with them will go unannounced.

It would be for the best

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I think internet addiction is real and can be a problem.

I'm probably one of them. I've probably spent an average of 16 hours a day online since the early 90s.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

HOLY s##t, ... 16 HOURS !!!! I wouldnt say you probably have a problem, .... you do have a problem, .... are you married ?? have a gf ?? your wasting your life on here bro, ... I thought I was getting a little bad, spending 3 or 4 hours, ... so I joined a gym with a friend. Now the net is usualy the last thing on my mind. I'm just curious.... how do you spend so much time online ?? ... what do you do ??

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

HOLY s##t, ... 16 HOURS !!!! I wouldnt say you probably have a problem, .... you do have a problem, .... are you married ?? have a gf ?? your wasting your life on here bro, ... I thought I was getting a little bad, spending 3 or 4 hours, ... so I joined a gym with a friend. Now the net is usualy the last thing on my mind. I'm just curious.... how do you spend so much time online ?? ... what do you do ??

I'm not giving out any more personal info than I have to, but most of my time on the net is work-related and I make decent money doing it. Been married eleven years, no kids. I'm slightly physically disabled (need a cane but not a wheelchair and have to walk slow) so a gym ain't gonna happen for me...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

ooohhh, I didn't realize its work related, my bad brotha, ... keep making that money !!!

top topics

join