It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TINWIKI.ORG is down and down hard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
TINWIKI.ORG is down and down hard. It is no longer functioning. It has the default webhost page up in its place.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
That is a default cPanel page.

Apparently, the site has been removed and the name resolves to a closed server account.

(and this is in Introductions, why?)

[edit on 7-8-2009 by smirkley]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Admin may just be changing servers or running maintenance. It should be up shortly!

[BTW] The new member introduction's forum is for new member introductions only!

In future, please posts issues regarding this site and it's domains here in the ATS issues thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Scooby,

Apparently you don't know the restrictive posting rules. I currently don't quality to post anything in those other forums.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the TinWiki is in an "unrecoverable" state, sitting on a damaged server, with damaged data in the database, on an old-format database not compatible with any of our current servers.

The site had been sitting on our oldest server, and a combination of corrupt entries in the database, bad sectors on the system hard drive, and version 3.x MySQL database was a 1-2-3 knockout punch. About three weeks ago, I spent several agonizing days trying to find a way to recover and convert the database without loss of data... no success.

Last night, the server failed hard and for good.

However, we do have a plan to restore most (if not all) of the TinWiki articles, and update the core technology to be more compatible with ATS.

All but the damaged articles (9) have been saved in HTML files, and we're working on methods to get the content into a dedicated ATS forum that will eventually have Wiki-like functionality, but be integrated with the ATS member database, and just as resistant to SPAM as the ATS board.

Stay tuned, more coming soon.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well, that is bad news and great news in just one post!

I always thought that tinWIKI was somewhat ignored by most ATS members, and that was a shame.

Maybe now we can get something real good, both in content and visibility.

Good luck with that work.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
6 months later... just curious if any progress has been made on recovering this treasured archive. When you add up the collective wo/man-hours that went into developing the bulk of the content, it's staggering. My condolences go out to the whole TinWiki crew for all the dedication and hard work they have poured into this stellar collaborative project over the years.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It is regrettable so much hard work did not have a backup but I guess if the majority is recoverable then all is not lost.

This is clearly the catalyst needed to incorporate the much needed anti spam measures on the new wiki so perhaps from the ashes a brighter and better wiki can be born.

And on that note is there any news on its rebirth ?

new topics

top topics

join