It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS's 10 greatest mysteries!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
(Please move to where it belongs as I didn't really know where to put this.)

Welcome to my first thread.

In this thread, I will try and expose to you the 10 greatests mysteries that have been discussed here, and around the Internet for many years.

(NOTE: These are just bit of informations concerning those "Mysteries" and have been taken from various websites.)

10. Spontaneous Human Combustion!

Phenomenon in which an individual is found, usually within their own homes, with their body almost completely burned away in a fierce fire that failed to set fire to anything else in the room. In some cases SHC also refers to an event in which an inividual catches fire for no obvious reason, sometimes in full view of nearby witnesses.

How can a body light itself on fire for no obvious reason?

9. Ectoplasm!

A strange substance which can allegedly extrude from the body of a Medium, and can form into a variety of physical shapes and forms. Ectoplasm can be either solid or in a vapour like form, and is often described as being white in colour.

The substance can begin to appear when the Medium is in a Trance, or during a Seance. When it does, it usually extrudes from the Medium through the mouth, nose, ears or even through the eyes. Witnesses have described having watched the substance form into material shapes, such as hands, arms, faces or even entire bodies. It is thought that these shapes correspond to the Spirit that the Medium is in contact with. Ectoplasm is thought to be a manifestation of spiritual energy which is capable of interacting with the physical world.

WHAT THE **** IS THIS "STRANGE SUBSTANCE" ???

8. Faces of Belmez

A case that started in August 1971, when Maria Gomez Pereira discovered a strange expressionistic image of a man's face that had appeared on her kitchen floor. A few days later she had the floor ripped out and relaid, only to find that the face reappeared in exactly the same place within a week.

How can a face appear on your floor just like that...weird isn't it? (Would be weird to be walking on that face lol)

7. Men in Black!
A "group" of unusual agents that always appear dressed in black, and turn up in pairs following alien/UFO sightings to warn the witness to not reveal anything regarding his/her experiences. The Men in Black usually arrive at the individual's home when he/she is alone, within a large black car.

Many people who have been approached by these people describe them as totally expressionless. A common observation is the way in which they seem to be uncomfortable and awkward, as though unused to social interaction. Indeed, it is sometimes suggested that the "visitors aren't human at all." Who the Men In Black work for, and how they seem to have knowledge of UFO sightings is unclear. One famous MIB encounter was that of Paul Miller.

If they are like in the movies, better not mess with them! ( I'm sure they're alien!)

6. Nazca Lines

In the peruvian desert, about 200 miles south of lima there lies a plain between the inca and nazca valleys. Across this plain in an area measuring 37 miles long and 1 mile wide is an assortmant of perfectly straight lines, many running parallel, others intersecting to form a grand geometric form. In and around the lines there are also trapezodial zones, strange symbols, and pictures of birds and beasts all etched on a giant scale that can only be apprecited from the sky. The forms are so difficult to see from the ground that they were not discovered until the 1930's when a plane flew over the nazca plateau and saw this gigantic art book. The figures come in two types: biomorphs and geoglyphs. The biomorphs include some 70 animal and plant figures that include a spider, hummingbird, monkey, whale, some kind of being, and a 1000 foot long pelican.

I wonder WHO made those lines and WHY they made them.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
5. Those famous "orbs"....!

A small sphere of light, often regarded as an indication of the prescense of a Spirit. Orbs commonly appear in pictures taken with a digital camera, but can also be seen with the naked eye. Many Paranormal investigators will try to capture evidence of Orbs at a location so as to indicate that some form of Paranormal activity is present.

Just weird.

4. The Philadelphia Experiment

An alleged experiment that took place in Philadelphia in 1943. A Destroyer Class ship, the USS Eldbridge, was thought to have been the subject of a radical experiment involving force fields. Witnesses who were at the actual event reported that the experiment had succeeded in turning the ship completely invisible for a period of time. It was also reported that during this period the ship had actually physically teleported to Norfolk, Virginia, before returning to Philadelphia.

During the experiment, it was said that some of the people on board the vessel exhibited strange phenomena. Many of the crew became ill and died shortly afterwards, some had become 'embedded' in the ship itself, while others were able to 'walk through walls'. To date the experiment has remained a very controversial story - if it were true, then it would mean that Teleportation technology was in the hands of the US Military as early as the 1940's.

I wonder what happened there!

3. ROSWELL!!!!!!

A controversial series of events that occured in Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947. It began when several people reported hearing an explosion one night, and the next day a quantity of strange debris was discovered scattered over some nearby fields. Some of the material was collected by locals, who found the material to have extremely unusual properties. Some of it was described as being "like water", and that when dropped on a hard surface the metallic material would spread out like a liquid.

As things progressed, the military began to act very strange. Locals who had witnessed the strange material were threatened by the military not to disclose what they had seen. Nurses working at the local hospital reported even stranger things. Many of them claimed to have seen the military corner off a section of the building. The nurses who were permitted to enter the area, witnessed what they described as "little men" - small humanoid bodies which were being examined by medical personnel. There were even reports that one of the humanoid creatures was still alive and walking around. Nurses working in this area later claimed to have been sick for a long time afterwards, due to the incredibly toxic smell that was present there. It wasn't long before the strange bodies were moved from the hospital to an unknown location, after which the nurses too were threatened not to disclose what they had seen. The Roswell Incident was becoming one of the greatest cover ups in history.

No need to say anything...everybody knows this.

2. My name is Titor, JOHN TITOR!

A man who in November 2000 appeared on an internet discussion forum claiming to be a time traveller from the year 2036. In the coming weeks he posted photographs of his time machine and explanations of how Time Travel worked. He answered vast amounts of questions in considerable detail, describing his life in 2036, world events and other information about what was to come.

In March 2001, Titor announced he was returning to 2036, and was never seen again. Many believe his story to be a complete work of fiction, while others seem convinced that he was telling the truth.

I wonder who this guy was.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
1.Voynich Manuscript

A mysterious manuscript that in 1912, was purchased by a collector of rare books in Italy, Wilfred Voynich. Voynich was unable to decypher the language in the manuscript, and later took it back to America with him. The 'Voynich Manuscript' as it became known, consists of a total of 234 pages, and contains a large number of drawings, mostly of flowers. The book contained a variety of sections, including cosmology, biology, astronomy and pharmaceuticals. The manuscript changed hands many times, but despite much concerted effort, nobody has yet been able to decipher what the mysterious manuscript actually means.

I'd like to have this book, I'd read it every once in a while...haha..ha...he...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Also, if anybody has anymore "mysteries" you want to discuss, feel free to discuss them here....

Two line is awesome...is it 2 lines or 2 sentances?

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Deep Thoughts]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Very interesting post thank you.

I like the Nazca line one myself. The only real mystery about them for me is the "WHY" part. We know the "who" and the "how" but not the why part. The natives simply scrapped away the darker top layers of soil to reveal the lighter soil beneath. Also too often the are described as "Giant" although they are large they are not Giant. Most of them are small enough to fit any two on an American foot ball field.

Nobody has come up with a solid reason for the why part yet.

Great post

S & F

[edit on 7-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Very interesting post thank you.

I like the Nazca line one myself. The only real mystery about them for me is the "WHY" part. We know the "who" and the "how" but not the why part. The natives imply scrapped away the darker top layers of soil to reveal the lighter soil beneath. Also too often the are described as "Giant" although they are large they are not Giant. Most of them are small enough to fit any two on an American foot ball field.

Nobody has come up with a solid reason for the why part yet.

Great post

S & F

Finally another post! And a good one.

Thanks for the notification about the natives who made them, I didn't know that, if you like these lines you'll probably like the chinese spheres....just search chinese spheres on google and you'll probably find something.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Deep Thoughts]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I was told by a Native American Shaman, that they believed the Nazga lines are all about training a Shaman.
Shama MUST learn to travel out of body to be able to commune with the Astral entities that can explain a persona illness and how to heal it......Also to be the guide for OOBE travels of persons within the tribe.....therefor claiming the Nazga lines were meant to be seen from above, by the Shamans in training and are to tell the masters what they saw below them, as proof of them refining the OOBE ability.

It sounded plausible to me with the background I have now in OOBE......and with the healing work I have done with native healers.

Who knows for sure though aye?
Maybe the ones who do, are not talking about it.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Sorry for not really understanding your post but, how are these lines supposed to train a shaman?

Please clarify, also thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Deep Thoughts

I think they walked them to appreciate the world - like mediating, but whilst walking a specific pattern.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Mhmm....weird.

I wonder why walking the pattern of a spider and other insects/animals....

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Deep Thoughts

seeing these things from above and describing them would provide proof that they had an obe. Just to make sure they weren't lying about it maybe, as i'm sure being a shaman was a desirable trade back then.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

wow thanks, now the whole RiverGoddess post makes sense....

So it's no more mystery......we know why, and who made those...

top topics

join