It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did this woman, become a saint? Ridiculous.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

You must not understand what a "Crisis of Faith" consists of. While I find your strength of conviction.... Well, I don't know what to say about that....
Nevermind. Either way, you are in absolutely no position to judge as you thoroughly show as you have never questioned and in fact call questioning a bad thing.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

And if a pattern emerges I will comment on it, especially when that pattern is confirmed with comments made before.

I apologize if my pattern is on the subject of religion, why that singles me out for personal criticism over others 9/11 truthers or ufologists, i'll never know.

I bring up taboo topics, that's what I do, that's what i'm interested in, taboo. Don't like it keep commenting if you will stating such, but it's pointless attacking me and not the content, which you started to do, but then digressed into (oops almost put attacking me but thats victim mentality oh noes!) criticizing the members previous threads.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Sorry, she questioned the very existence of god. That is not just a crisis of faith, it downright proves she did not know the father.

From where I stand, she questioned her faith, especially the Catholic Church.

Hence my statement about religion being created to control the masses and to distract people from God.

Well, in her quote she questions the existence of god, a soul and Jesus.

However, no doubt all her beliefs that she was questioning came from the Catholic Church.

I love the bible and I can see the father is within Jesus. I know exactly where the understanding and wisdom Jesus speaks comes from. But he himself warns of the coming new religion in his name, and still people do not see it.

All those things Jesus dealt with, they still exist. They killed him so it could still exist. Says so directly. They just changed their name, which is why Jesus says you have to look at their fruits/actions to see the real truth in things. So that is what I do.

But apparently, I'm not supposed to do that when someone is held up high in the eyes of men, or is wearing a cross? Such is foolish.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Um no. Need I point out your thread topic name list?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

You must not understand what a "Crisis of Faith" consists of. While I find your strength of conviction.... Well, I don't know what to say about that....
Nevermind. Either way, you are in absolutely no position to judge as you thoroughly show as you have never questioned and in fact call questioning a bad thing.

To question is the point. But when you question and know the father, then you get understanding in response. That is just how it works, and you'll have to take that up with someone else if you don't like it.

As I have tried to point out multiple times now, it has little to do with her personally, it is the system itself that she served that I draw issue with.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Yet you attack her for questioning..... *rubs his temples* I think I am done here. Good day.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Well, in her quote she questions the existence of god, a soul and Jesus.

Who doesn't? Including yourself.

We all were born with no questions.

Until we were taught by our parents and society's religions.

I would go as far as to say that one is born with connection to the universe already in place.

Religion distracts us from that connection. It makes us unsure of the connection.

However, no doubt all her beliefs that she was questioning came from the Catholic Church.

Right. See above.

I love the bible and I can see the father is within Jesus. I know exactly where the understanding and wisdom Jesus speaks comes from.

Don't forget the other people and other sciptures or books. Where do you think the understanding and wisdom come from?

But he himself warns of the coming new religion in his name, and still people do not see it.

Not just religions in his name, but tons of other religions in others' names.

See, religions were invented to obfuscate understanding and the connection to the universe.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Um no. Need I point out your thread topic name list?

One deals with death.

second Deals with Patients with temporal lobe epilepsy who belive religoiusly in gods, or they are a god, coincides with the god helmet.

Cigarettes, whats a menthol like non menthol cigarette, BTS mind you.

Case for evolution, how evolution was brought up in a dawkins POV, very well put and nicely gathered video put together.

God ideologies, BTS mind you.

Grateful your in america, what other countries are like daily.

Morality, basis on, How morality doesn't need religion.

Four horsemen, Hitchens, dennet, dawkins, other guy, talking about religous topics.

16 yr old girl solicits fathers death.

Sotomayor hearings.

What theists would think if there was no god at all. Good points made.

Work ethic, where has it gone.

I do see it, quite a few are religioius, and maybe that's why i'm a easy target, but at least i'm onto something, i'm not scattered, i'm focused.

You need not bring my thread history up, i'll bring it up myself.

I made them, and i'm not really all ashamed by them, I look at them frequently and some posts I enjoy reading.

It helps bring me insight.

Although i'm smelling that you suggest i'm going after stars and flags, if you think thats the case, look at the stars and flags that these, wonderful threads have brought in, just about the bare minimum from what replies they've gotten.

There controversial, and like I said, I go head on for the taboo.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

This just reeks of hypocrisy....

Whether she questioned her faith is truly irrelevant. Even if she was on shaky grounds with her faith once she apparently did more with that than you will ever do for the poor and homeless.

Let me ask you a question?

When was the last time you devoted your whole life to living with and caring for the Poor, Homeless, Sick and Aged?

Quoting scripture is nice and all but lets see less talking and more action. A real person of God would be way too occupied doing his work than sitting at a keyboard slamming those who have done his work.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well, you get to get feel victimised again with this one. *sighs and chuckles*

I do see it, quite a few are religioius, and maybe that's why i'm a easy target, but at least i'm onto something, i'm not scattered, i'm focused.

And all of them the same old arguments that have been played out here again and again and again and again ad nausum. Every single time save the olive branch which you seem to have only put up for misdirection as here you are back attacking again the same old stances. No new information penetration.

You need not bring my thread history up, i'll bring it up myself.

You do realise this is a response to me bringing it up right? Just saying..

I made them, and i'm not really all ashamed by them, I look at them frequently and some posts I enjoy reading.

It helps bring me insight.

Ah, insight you say? Funny I see the same rut being hoed again and again. Rather like your "atheism is believing in nothing" stance despite the illogic of the stance.

Although i'm smelling that you suggest i'm going after stars and flags, if you think thats the case, look at the stars and flags that these, wonderful threads have brought in, just about the bare minimum from what replies they've gotten.

There controversial, and like I said, I go head on for the taboo.

No, you are incorrect, I don't think you are going after stars and flags.
And their always rant peices along the line of a gazillion other arguments that attempt to advance atheism. With the same arguments none the less.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

A quick and I feel fair question.

What is his work.

She seemed to think, helping those who were dying, that may not of died had medicines and such brougth it, but because they were poor couldn't afford it, so her and her millions, helped them have a death telling them they'd go to heaven.

Does god care that little of life to let it be of only suffering and pure disease then death, couldn't he of bypassed that, then making them suffer for their lifes then at their deathbeds an old lady says believe in god and you can have a great 'after' life

Humanity wise, she did nothing, spiritually if there even is a spirtuality she did some more then a ton have.

Although, I find giving blood much more effecient then letting those go without blood while telling them heaven is a great place.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

The olive branch wasn't a submission to religous folk.

Your correct, I don't care about stars or flags or ponies.

What is your problem with me though, just tell me, then shed your skin and slither away.

I battle religion, rightly so I believe.

What is the problem then? I fail to understand why thats wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
See, religions were invented to obfuscate understanding and the connection to the universe.

I think I can address your posts right here.

There is no question for me when it comes to those things. While I understand many may doubt it, and I certainly don't blame them - I do know the father.

The father does not give as this world does. The father gives in understanding. How we express that understanding will change from culture to culture. The father showed me that it is not the individual messengers, the idols themselves that matter, but the understanding and wisdom they showed and expressed.

What happens with religions is someone gains and expresses that wisdom, and someone writes it down. We on this earth can not give that understanding directly like the father does. We are reduced to only being able to express it.

Then people pick up that, some understand and others fake it and accept it, because society tells them it is so. In the process that understanding is lost, and it becomes a religion of acceptance.

In terms of math, the father will just give you understanding of how to add and such, lets express that in terms of algebra, A+B=C, where there can be many expressions of that understanding. 1 person with understanding expresses that as 1+5=6. And over here another person expresses it as 2+4=6. Well, they are both the same understanding, but they are expressed differently. Those with the understanding, they will see the understanding in both expressions.

But those who just accept 1 or the other will run around repeating them, but they don't actually understand. And so they see the other expression, think it false and start fighting and so forth. As well, since they do not understand, they are actually unable to apply the understanding to their lives correctly. Just like the person who runs around repeating 1+5=6 without knowing how to add is unable to apply that math to better their lives etc.

Psalm 111:10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

So I love when I read those true expressions like Jesus. Can't get enough of it. But if people don't actually understand it's pointless. And so the church and religion teaches to just accept and repeat those things on "faith", rather than gaining that understanding, and in the process they shut people out. Yes, all religions that operate in this manner do it. But yet, within each I find those who do have understanding.

In her saying that, she exposes these things about the church.

To me, these things are no different than someone setting a list of math equations down, and asking me which is true and which is false.

2+3=5
94+2=9
49+2=9
23+2=25

How do I know what is true and what isn't? Only by understanding.

Time for acceptance to end, and understanding to begin. It's been 2000+ years overdue.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Yet you attack her for questioning..... *rubs his temples* I think I am done here. Good day.

At this point, I think I've made it pretty clear what my issues and reason for the posting the quote were. If you wish to continue debating your own assumptions instead, be my guest, but that is all you are doing realize.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

And I point out were you in my opinion fail and you take it personally. Remember how this exhaustive derailing started?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Ahfogettaboutit

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The title of the thread asks how she became a saint.
I think the problem is people put too much stock in who the catholic church claims is "holy". That's the most disturbing part to me.
I'm not saying any of these people are evil, but the part that disturbs me is when people idolize others to such an extent. That alone can make a person corrupt and evil, which is why I also wouldn't be surprised if Teresa (Who's mother WAS she??) was corrupt and quiet possibly even those other guys that wear those funny hats...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

This just reeks of hypocrisy....

Whether she questioned her faith is truly irrelevant. Even if she was on shaky grounds with her faith once she apparently did more with that than you will ever do for the poor and homeless.

Let me ask you a question?

When was the last time you devoted your whole life to living with and caring for the Poor, Homeless, Sick and Aged?

Quoting scripture is nice and all but lets see less talking and more action. A real person of God would be way too occupied doing his work than sitting at a keyboard slamming those who have done his work.

So what you are saying is that a real person of god needs to worry about being seen as good in the eyes of men, rather than trying to help people find the correct way? Bit too much Paul for me there, sorry.

I post here because it carries my voice the furthest.

Call me what you will, my points aren't going to change. I wasn't attacking her, just showing what the results of the system she served are.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

And I point out were you in my opinion fail and you take it personally. Remember how this exhaustive derailing started?

It's personal cause it's in my threads, almost always.

And that I would like to continue on with the main point, yet I feel sooner or later I have to go head to head with you and am trying to do it sooner then later.

Started with Susan Shields.

Then your next post is telling me and trying to tell everyone else that i'm only interested in attacking religious figures.

Then after I state that you are only going after me and my thread, you remark i'm playing a 'victim poor me' mentality.

Which I go on to show I don't appreciate, then look your playing victim mentality, and run in circles.

Then before I state I battle religion, and what it preaches, yet you still go after all my religious threads, not just you though, quite a few others.

Which I wish I could have a good debate on religion, without a "oh no, it's religion!'. Religion should be discussed like any other subject.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Replied to mine.

This is merely about, Mother Teresa, and her morality, and why she isn't qualified in mans eye to be a saint, since only man can claim her to be a saint.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join