It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did this woman, become a saint? Ridiculous.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
reply to post by badmedia

She was big in India.

Roman Catholic nun with Indian citizenship[4] who founded the Missionaries of Charity in Kolkata (Calcutta), India in 1950. For over 45 years she ministered to the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying, while guiding the Missionaries of Charity's expansion, first throughout India and then in other countries.

wiki

[edit on 7-8-2009 by phi1618]

Right, but what did she do that was so great really?

If it's just preaching catholic views to people who are dieing, then
. If that is what they praise her for, then I don't care for that one bit. And that is really what I've been seeing. Along with promoting political agendas and so forth.

I just have a hard time watching someone get medals/awards and meeting with the elites of the world, landing in helicopters to news crews and such with the poor of the world. Maybe she was just being used, I dunno. But it's kind of hard when she is actually and obviously not poor at all. I know marketing when I see it.

Because that is exactly how "evil" works in this world. They put out 1 hand, which is to appear good in front of men, in order to gain support, and then with their other hand they work in the darkness with the support gained.

And how can she say this:

Where is my faith? Even deep down ... there is nothing but emptiness and darkness ... If there be God—please forgive me. When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven, there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives and hurt my very soul ... How painful is this unknown pain—I have no Faith. Repulsed, empty, no faith, no love, no zeal, ... What do I labor for? If there be no God, there can be no soul. If there be no soul then, Jesus, You also are not true.[76]

She doesn't even know the father?

Sorry folks, but I just can not support it.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

www.economicexpert.com...
f:Charity.html

Not playing victim mentallity, just every thread I make I get"

hahaha your words are nonsense and I retaliate with laughing faces and no direct answers yet questions and attacks and attack your rebuttals. with more smiley faces and attacks.

its old man.

Im not savvy on where i'm supposed to find where Susan Shields was written in stone, but she seems quite infamous so it's only a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Morality is not inherent. You must not have children or you would know that. Morality must be taught by parents for the child to learn it. How else do you explain the growing number of immoral people in this country if we are just born moral. They are immoral because their parents failed to teach them right from wrong.

Maybe you are the exception and you were born with knowledge, but the rest of the planet is born butt stupid and must learn and be trained in the right ways to live.

"Behavior that pleases God"? Who said that? How do you know that certain behaviors will please or displease God?

The Bible explicity states what pleases and displeases God.

Take a look at the world. Christians consider some of the behaviors of Muslims disgusting and Muslims consider some of the behaviors of Christians disgusting. See the pattern? Yes, religions was created to control the masses or to sow discord.

Well only one religion can be right. It is not a religions fault if some guy came along and created a false religion.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Where is my faith? Even deep down ... there is nothing but emptiness and darkness ... If there be God—please forgive me. When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven, there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives and hurt my very soul ... How painful is this unknown pain—I have no Faith. Repulsed, empty, no faith, no love, no zeal, ... What do I labor for? If there be no God, there can be no soul. If there be no soul then, Jesus, You also are not true.[76]

She was being honest!

I applause her for feeling that way. Maybe she was questioning the Catholic Church? Questioning their concept of God?

She WANTED a personal relationship with "something" out there, not somebody's idea of a God (in other word, religion).

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

No, I ask questions and offer views, with the true inability of diplomacy that comes with being a social retard. The fact that you take it personally is victim mentality. As for the smily faces, as I explained to you before *and you chose to disbelieve*, it's not a personal thing and half the time I am laughing at myself. But I digress.....

This cite provides absolutely nothing in the form of credentials. I would accept a list of members in the organization that includes her in it as I have looked and not been able to find it.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

You have never questioned your beliefs? To say that she did somehow makes her less of whatever she did is a bit mean spirited don't you think?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

No, I ask questions and offer views, with the true inability of diplomacy that comes with being a social retard. The fact that you take it personally is victim mentality. As for the smily faces, as I explained to you before *and you chose to disbelieve*, it's not a personal thing and half the time I am laughing at myself. But I digress.....

This cite provides absolutely nothing in the form of credentials. I would accept a list of members in the organization that includes her in it as I have looked and not been able to find it.

You offer no views, you attack/or crticize a members opinion, while offering no other opinion.

Like saying you believe in religion, I don't but those who belive in nothing is a religion well I don't do that either. Well what do you believe in, I believe in nothing, so you don't believe in anything, no not at all.

I've looked through dozens, and dozens of websites relating her to her, but I cannot find an ultimate proof she was.

I have to leave it 'up in the air' for that matter.

Although I find the morality behind Saint Mother Teresa despicable nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

The Bible explicity states what pleases and displeases God.

Not Koran? Not many other holy scriptures?

Yes morality is inherent. This has been argued countless times.

Do you want to be hurt by someone else? Common sense tells you that you do not hurt others in order not to be hurt. Etc. Etc. Even the dumbest person understands that.

See, this comes into the realm of philosophy, not religion.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

And how can she say this:

She actually said that as part of a reflection. Every person of faith goes through times where they feel disconnected from God. Even Jesus had those moments. It is usually a time of growth for a believer and usually a time God has removed his presence from them according to his wisdom of what is needed for their spirtiual growth.

If you are going to quote one excerpt in her life you should at least be fair and quote the excerpts from when she felt connection and love from God. You are just picking and choosing things to support your claim.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I'd like to know the site, and what context this was used in, feel it might be a neccesity.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I'd like to know the site, and what context this was used in, feel it might be a neccesity.

Try this
FOXNews

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Yes morality is inherent. This has been argued countless times.

Do you want to be hurt by someone else? Common sense tells you that you do not hurt others in order not to be hurt. Etc. Etc. Even the dumbest person understands that.

See, this comes into the realm of philosophy, not religion.

No morality is not inherent. Children are born self-centered and selfish and it will continue on until the parents or life teaches them the negative consequences of that behavior/mentality. Let me just give you a fine example. While praying for my son when he was like 3, with my eyes closed, my son kicked me directly in the jaw on purpose. Does that sound moral to you.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Sorry the video didn't seem to work.

Here's the article from Fox News
link

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

No morality is not inherent. Children are born self-centered and selfish and it will continue on until the parents or life teaches them the negative consequences of that behavior/mentality. Let me just give you a fine example. While praying for my son when he was like 3, with my eyes closed, my son kicked me directly in the jaw on purpose. Does that sound moral to you.

Where did he learn to kick you in your jaw? Probably from some cartoon.

Children already know the consequence until they were taught otherwise.

Kick a big rock and you get stubbed toe.
Play with the fire and you get burned.

Simple.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
She was being honest!

I applause her for feeling that way. Maybe she was questioning the Catholic Church? Questioning their concept of God?

She WANTED a personal relationship with "something" out there, not somebody's idea of a God (in other word, religion).

Good point, but she was so busy serving the religion that it is the very thing which kept her from it. She accepted the wicked, and did not get the understanding.

It's great she was honest, but then calling her a saint and a servant of god and such is a far cry from the truth is it not? She was really just a good selling point for the church, and a way for elites to pretend to care and be good etc.

I'm sure there are much worse people in the world and so forth, and I'm surely not perfect either. It's just the entire thing around it all that gives me that sick feeling in my stomach.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Oh cmon! Do you have kids or not, because you seem to have no knowledge on how they function? You have to teach a kid to not touch something hot or they will burn themselves. Why do you think kids get spanked or get timeouts if they were born perfectly moral. Why do you hear every sane parent on Earth telling their kids no you cannot do that or you will get hurt or break something, etc..?

And to further prove that the idea that we are born inherently moral is wrong, I ask you if he was born moral and if he did see it on a cartoon, wouldnt his morality tell him that it was wrong to behave like that?

[edit on 8/7/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

You have never questioned your beliefs? To say that she did somehow makes her less of whatever she did is a bit mean spirited don't you think?

It's not a matter of belief for me. Questioning my beliefs is what brought me to understanding, at which point I no longer needed belief.

The quote was not directed towards her, but rather the claims associated with it. The big picture. Calling her all these things, when she doesn't actually know the father is proof that she was not really those things, but instead a marketing tool of the Catholic Church.

I wish her no ill and hope she is in the best of places. For all I know she had a great heart, and was just misguided and used. And if she was, then I'm sure she would want people to find the truth of the matter and point it out for others. I know if that happened to me, I would want people to feverishly search for the truth and expose such things, even if it is me that is in wrong. Of all things, I hope to not deceive others or myself.

It is not about her in general, but the circus of the church itself is why I am pointing these things out.

If it was done once, it will be done again.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Good point, but she was so busy serving the religion that it is the very thing which kept her from it. She accepted the wicked, and did not get the understanding.

Exactly. She has been serving the Catholic Church for so long that she has begun to question her faith. She wanted a REAL relationship with God.

Remember this?

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

It's great she was honest, but then calling her a saint and a servant of god and such is a far cry from the truth is it not? She was really just a good selling point for the church, and a way for elites to pretend to care and be good etc.

Exactly. Like I said in my other posts, why call her a saint? There are plenty of saints in the world. And a single person is no better or worse the the others. This is clearly an agenda of the Catholic Church.

I'm sure there are much worse people in the world and so forth, and I'm surely not perfect either. It's just the entire thing around it all that gives me that sick feeling in my stomach.

What I find odd about all of this is the fact that they chose Mother Teresa. There were plenty of nuns all over the world doing good work. Again, this points to their agenda.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I always found it quite bizarre when 'doubt' came into play with religous folk mainly, and claim doubt to come from the devil, lucifer, satan. so on and so on, morning star whatever.

And noone wants anything from satan, and after such childhood indoctrination as she suffered, she would assume that any doubt would be from satan, other then reasoning and the frontal lobe.

Thanks DA, I went to the link, and just thought my computer was messing up, I read the article though, and apparently she had a slump which I believe correlates with my above text.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Calling her all these things, when she doesn't actually know the father is proof that she was not really those things, but instead a marketing tool of the Catholic Church.

You hit it right on the head! She was chosen as a marketing tool of the Catholic Church.

This is what this is all about.

Her questioning her "faith" is a sign that she WANTED to know God for herself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join