It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does 2 + 2 equal?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
reply to post by spy66

Orwell had to think how to come up with a wrong answer to 2 + 2 = ?
But if 2 + 2, the two 2's relate to 1984, the same number should relate to the wrong answer. So Orwell used this option:

1 + 9 + 8 + 4 = 22
1 x 9 - 8 + 4 = 5

Here is the 5 that relates to 22 as 5 = 2 + 2.

Look up what happened on 5/22/1984 and you will understand the true meaning of "prophecy."

I know what your trying to tell.

But again He is using 2+2 to something specific like 1984. That's not looking for a wrong number. That's looking for the right number.

But what is 2+2 without using 1984? Or without knowing anything about what 2+2 represents.

What is 2+2 alone?

what is 2

what is +

what is the other 2.

Without knowing this you have to make a decision. And it will be based on your education. 2+2 = 4

But is water + water = to 2 lakes or 2 oceans. Or 2 pools of water. Or just a pool of water. Or 1984.
I bet you can relate it to any one of these if you put your mind to it.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ill go for kids logic.. 22.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
Ill go for kids logic.. 22.

hehe kids can be very smart.

2+2 can = 22 if you dont put in the + to the equation. Because before you make a equation you will have a infinite amount of 2's

If 22 is what you want that is what you can isolate into a equation.

But 2+2 is a isolated equation where a specific number of elements are present. We just dont know what the elements are.

We know that there are 4 elements but we dont know if it will be a group of elements or just a single element on the right side of equality.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
But 2+2 is a isolated equation where a specific number of elements are present. We just dont know what the elements are.

We know that there are 4 elements but we dont know if it will be a group of elements or just a single element on the right side of equality.

Whether it's divided into groups or combined into one the amount is always the same. Numbers if you didn't realize represent amounts. 2+2 will always equal 4 and only 4. There is no possible way that 2+2=1, the amount of 2 added to another amount of the same kind will produce a total amount of 4. 2 buckets of water and another 2 buckets of water produce 4 buckets of water with no extra or missing water molecules. The bucket is equal to the amount of 1, a tub with four buckets of water poured into it then, would equal the amount of 4 not 1, because the amount is measured in buckets in this equation. And I repeat, 2+2 does not ever =anything but 4.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42

Whether it's divided into groups or combined into one the amount is always the same. Numbers if you didn't realize represent amounts. 2+2 will always equal 4 and only 4. There is no possible way that 2+2=1, the amount of 2 added to another amount of the same kind will produce a total amount of 4. 2 buckets of water and another 2 buckets of water produce 4 buckets of water with no extra or missing water molecules. The bucket is equal to the amount of 1, a tub with four buckets of water poured into it then, would equal the amount of 4 not 1, because the amount is measured in buckets in this equation. And I repeat, 2+2 does not ever =anything but 4.

Well you dont understand what i mean.

I am not saying that 2+2 dont = 4
sometimes it does. But that depends on what 2+2 is.

Before you look on the right side of equality you know that you have 4 elements. BUT there is a big difference here that you dont see.

2+2 rocks will give you a group of 4 different rocks on the right side of the = symbol. If you use rocks or any solids.
Can you imagine that?

But 4 buckets of water poured out in a tub will not be anything like the equation with 2+2 rocks. Can you imagine that?

You know you have 4 buckets of water but in the tub you will only see a pool of water. Can you imagine that?
That is the difference i am trying to get through to you.

Because you only see the 4 buckets of water before they are poured out into the tub. And that's great : its not wrong at all.
2+2 buckets of water = 4 buckets "great". But the equation is not finished until the water is poured into the tub.

You will have 4 buckets of water in the tub. But it will be just one pool of water after you have poured out the 4 buckets. Can you imagine that?

2 + 2 = 1 pool of water.

2 rocks + 2 rocks = 4 separate rocks

Big difference here in what you will see on the right side of equality (=).

Do you see it now?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

2 + 2 = 1 pool of water.

2 rocks + 2 rocks = 4 separate rocks

Big difference here in what you will see on the right side of equality (=).

Do you see it now?

I saw it the first time, I just didn't agree with it.
You are saying 2 buckets+2 buckets=1 pool
and that is completely alright and I have no problem with it, but that does not mean 2+2=1. In fact your equation without words would be 2x+2x=1y, completely logical. And in fact it is not that big of a difference because 1y=4 when x=1 (which it does when adding 2 buckets+2 buckets). Do you see it now???

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join