It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A true story of a strange evening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Going to bed, one evening I felt a bit apprehensive, I did not know why.
The bed is in a converted attic space, with a skylight next to it, along side a 4 ft high wall that meets the roof rafters...

As I closed my eyes to fall asleep, I felt a twinge of fear.

I had lived in that house for over 20 years, I never felt afraid there, I wondered why tonight? as I clenched my eyes closed a bit harder, and tried to relax and get to sleep, I still felt a sense of fear, and felt a presence, as if someone were looking directly at me, that same kind of feeling one has when walking in a public place and one gets that feeling and then turns ones head to find the source and finds someone looking directly at you.

However, the presence felt so very strange, so unlike being in any one person's presence previously. I felt as if someone were standing upon the roof, looking straight at me, from a few feet away, on the other side of 1/2" of drywall, 3/4" of roofing and the shingles.... just staring at me.

At this point I was quite afraid, but I rationalized how silly it was to be afraid of what my eyes and ears told me was nothing at all.. I pulled the covers over my head and managed to get to sleep.

Morning

I had a roommate who was staying in the bedroom below me, when I saw "dave", at the coffee pot, i asked him, "Dave, did you hear anything last night?"

Dave said: Strange you should ask, but last night I heard bang and a thump from the roof, i thought it might have been you falling out of bed, or something.

I then had to goto to 7-11 for some milk, and went outside and got in my truck. I had left the drivers door window open just a crack to let the hot air out. after I got in, I then started the car, and saw something move out of the corner of my eye, and glanced to my right and there was a moth on the passenger seat.

The moth immediately took flight and came right at me, and literally flew across my face, wings pitter pattering across my skin, from bottom right of my chin to left side of my face above my eye. and then went out the drivers window.

I sat there stunned, as I recalled a movie I'd watch a few years back, The Mothman Chronicles...

When I came back from the store, I sat in the truck for a while, in the driveway and pondered, what if the previous evenings 'presence' had been mothman?

I thought, well, if it was, what would mothman do if he were for some reason looking for me?

(as I got out of the truck, and walked towards the front lawn...)

I stopped a few feet from the property line looking at the house, and I thought, if I were motthman I would have stood right HERE, and surveyed the house, to see where i was...

Then I looked down... there was something on the lawn between my legs... it looked like a huge bird poo. I went inside and dragged Dave outside and said Hey man, you have to look at this...

I showed this image to a gal who knows her birds and asked what sort of poo it might be.. she asked me, Do you live near water? - and I said noooo I dont, that I was 5 miles from nearest water... She said whatever it was it was a hell of a big one. She suggested perhaps a condor, i said, I did not think a condor would be inside the Washington DC Beltway...or for that matter, on my front lawn.

Dave stuck his finger in it, and smelled it and almost retched. I asked what did it smell like? he said, "geeze, It smells like death."

And yes the foot in that image above is my size 11 1/2 shoe.

Except for "dave's" name, every fact in the tale above is true.

The incident above was 2 years ago during the summer, and was brought to mind last night when i was watching the moon through my new pair of Zhumell 20 x 100 binoculars on a tripod mount and saw something fly across the face of the full moon....from top to bottom, almost precisely (and oddly) centered, that, just as it passed near the far edge of the moon where its dark outline disappeared, it appeared to wave two arms at me as if to remind me to tell his story.

Regards

Seataka

[edit on 6-8-2009 by seataka]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Star, and flag for an interesting read. I don't know what to say really, but interesting.

I have had odd experiences in different homes, and one almost similar to that, but I did not do any follow up as you did.

I think there are several dimensions occupying the same space; maybe

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I am posting a link for the symbolism for the moth. I am ignoring the fact it could have been mothman but since it was your first thought together with seeing the moths, it could be important for you.
link

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting
I don't know what to make of it really, but I'm really intrigued by the story of the Mothman. You didn't have any other out-of-the-ordinary experiences any time after this??

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Great story, perhaps you have a flying werewolf on your hands

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies,

And this story is not embellished in any way, if anything the drama of the event is slightly subdued. and to

"sanchoearlyjones" yeah, well, *I* did not know what to think or say either, though I got the distinct feeling that whatever it was wanted its story told.. I never wrote this one before, and have only discussed this with freinds.

And "Liveandlearn" thanks for the interesting link, but I do not know what to think..Im just telling in Joe Friday style: "jus' the facts, ma'm"

And to "Pretty_vacant" - I've had more than my share of "strange" before and after this, I am getting more used to it...I am almost 60 now, (Yes I went to Woodstock, 69) and KNOW that the truth is stranger than ANYTHING, anyone, could possibly make up.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Whoa..cool story..gave me the creeps...try and get some pics if you can..that'd be cool..

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by seataka

Whoa..cool story..gave me the creeps...try and get some pics if you can..that'd be cool..

Re the creeps, well, yeah, it did that to me, and it took me a few years before I posted about it.. and I've been on the net since 1992, since there was a "net".

If not for the poo pic

I would not be comfortable telling the story.

In hindsight I should state that I did get the distinct feeling that whatever it was, it wanted a publicist. In the Mothman Chronicles, the first contact was with a writer from the Washington Post.

top topics

join