It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th Dimension is in plain sight? Perhaps we already....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by carole9999
reply to post by michaelhernsin

I understand what you're attempting to communicate, however, it would help if you would proof-read and/or attempt to use terminology that makes it clear you have an understanding of what you wish to convey. When you type "astral physists", I know you mean astrophysicist. Astral is a spacial realm, 4th density, and those who explore that would be better referred to as metaphysicists.

well i replied to ALL OF THOSE, on a phone...so sorry if i cut things down, for the sake of my arthritis in my thumbs in the near future.
lol

UNLIKE OTHER POSTER's i actually try to RESPOND to every single person's opinion. Another's insight really truelly does matter to me lol.
btw its meta physicists.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by carole9999

I understand what you're attempting to communicate, however, it would help if you would proof-read and/or attempt to use terminology that makes it clear you have an understanding of what you wish to convey. When you type "astral physists", I know you mean astrophysicist. Astral is a spacial realm, 4th density, and those who explore that would be better referred to as metaphysicists.

but yes my spelling is crappy these days (firefox auto corrects my spelling errors) so it's dumb'd me down a bit. I'll try to spell things properly from now on, just trying to go threw all the new posts and respond/think as well

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
How many dimensions you will be able to observe depends on what type of dimension you are looking at. And what angle you are looking at the dimension from.

We dont always understand how we observe different dimensions. Or that a Ball. Triangle. Rod or a Square is a dimension with different dimensions.

We cant even imagine more dimensions than we can actually see with our own eyes. We cant see more dimensions within a object with our mind then we can observe with our eyes at one time. We have to rotate the object even if we try to use our imagination.

If you can see a dimension you can use coordinates to determine whats UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT and IN and OUT. You can do that even if you are looking at nothing.

In and Out is the same as depth. But so is Left, right, up and down. Because we are observing everything within a bigger dimension.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

And thats why this fourth dimension is "time"

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

With out motion the 3rd dimension could not exist, motion which equates to (time).
This is logical
Nothinig =0
Point, =1st
line, =2nd Dimensions
(x,y,z), Axis =3rd
motion of (x,y,z) thru space =4th

If we stop movement (Time)
This equals to reducing your view to just being frozen 3rd dimensional object.

Without time, movement we do not exist.

The same as remove 3rd dimension, the 2nd dimension does not exist, your right angle.

And it seems time would be right angle to 3rd dimension.

Speed and it's effect on time, object moving speed of light it's time slows in relation to objects moving at slower speed.
What is 5th dimensional perspective.

Love, hate, light dark, hot, cold would seem to be states of 3rd dimensional object, not dimension in thereselves.

Gravity would be effect on 3rd dimension, and or distortion?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios

And thats why this fourth dimension is "time"

Well that is not actually right. Time is the moment of observation of any dimension even if you are looking at nothing.

Time is a measurement and by observing you can measure anything. We can measure everything that is within our own dimension of space and time.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
reply to post by chiron613

With out motion the 3rd dimension could not exist, motion which equates to (time).
This is logical
Nothinig =0
Point, =1st
line, =2nd Dimensions
(x,y,z), Axis =3rd
motion of (x,y,z) thru space =4th

If we stop movement (Time)
This equals to reducing your view to just being frozen 3rd dimensional object.

Without time, movement we do not exist.

The same as remove 3rd dimension, the 2nd dimension does not exist, your right angle.

And it seems time would be right angle to 3rd dimension.

Speed and it's effect on time, object moving speed of light it's time slows in relation to objects moving at slower speed.
What is 5th dimensional perspective.

Love, hate, light dark, hot, cold would seem to be states of 3rd dimensional object, not dimension in thereselves.

Gravity would be effect on 3rd dimension, and or distortion?

Rotation is actually changes. And with these changes we can measure and observe dimensions. Without changes we have nothing.

Time is a measurement of observed changes within a dimension.

Its a measurement of changes in x,y,z and h,l,d.
0 is the object before we start to measure. And 0 can be anywhere on X,Y graph. depending on the matter observed.

x,y,z are calibrations to our measuring system.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Every dimension is in plain sight, we just dont have the eyes to see it with. Everything is one and the same. Saying theres no 4th dimension is ignorant.

1st dimension would be a single line with internal infinite boundlessness.
2nd dimension would be an infinite ammount of these lines forming what could be a square.
3rd dimension is an infinite ammount of these squares stacked on top of eachother, forming a cube.
4th dimension would be an infinite ammount of these cubes stacked side by side, forming some rediculous looking thing, lol.

And so on.

Im not saying thats actually a very good representation of the dimensions, but i think it goes something like that.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aesthetic
It's my understanding that we already do live in 4 dimensions, being X,Y,Z, and Time. anything else would be within the 5th. wouldn't it...

Exactly, and worths noting that without time there is no physical reality, so without time there is no X,Y and Z thus no space.

What they use to reefer as the fourth dimension is far from right in my view. A multiplex, a universe within a universe, each with it's own time and space would be more like it.

Within our own dimension (universe or perception of it) we already have planes that we don't understand. Aside from the physical plane that we live in we have several "spirit" realms (for the lack of word to describe it) that share common laws with our own. And even though some of us can perceive them (feel their existence) none of us can act on them or see them in a conscious state.

This stuff is probably so simple that we as humans can't understand it. Let's see what the future holds.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
actually the 4th dimension is time, we need to discover the 5th.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
There is no "out there". Even what we perceive to be external is only the reflection internally. Everything is taking place at that point of consciousness that is you. How do we know an external world even exists if it's all taking place within our heads? Consciousness is the singularity, the dimensional axis, the universe reflecting itself.

Sorry in between dimensions momentarily.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Time is the 4th dimention. It would be impossible to move any 3 dimentional object without a 4th dimention - time.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Great thread, but it's kind of annoying when you post 10 times in a row. I don't know why, but it always kind of irks me the way people can't allow a thread to take on a life of it's own, but how if it's one they started, they must own it all and answer every single post as if each post is directed at them personally. Don't get me wrong, you've put forth some great ideas, but when I find myself scrolling and scrolling without reading because it's just the same person over and over and over again, it kind of riuns the thread imo even if it's one they themselves started. Why not just let it unfold with some spontaneity without having to jump all over it continuously. Just a thought..

P.S. There is no time in the context of an eternally unfolding present moment. Time is just an illusion, never mind giving it its own dimension. Also time-space is absurd. Time has nothing to do with space in any real sense. At best, it's just a convention for measuring causation in small, measurable ways.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

From that perspective, then movement would equal factor 4 or 4th dimension

Our universe is said to sit in the nothing, which our univese is expanding within.
Perhaps could measure the nothing.
The universe bound by the nothing, infinity ending just beyond the boundary of the Nothing.
The nothing being infinite, but non existant without something within it's Nothingness.

This becomes the Micro, Macro Cosmic, the inside out, the outside in.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

How can something be contained within an infinite nothingness? I've thought about this, and I think that in fact the nothing must permeate and give rise to something, whereby the idea of something outside of a bounded universe, is meaningless, in the same way that time is meaningless within the context of infinity.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Realy there was great seperation between post, it just appears no one else posted between his post. or maybe he was bored and trying to keep thread going or catching up, I know, I was asleep dreaming I was on the outside of inside out looking in.

In the great skem of things does it even really matter.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Ok, I just need to say this. He is like a disinfo agent. Is is like NASA. A false pace of moving forward, when in effect many know that we are further ahead then they let on.

This man is is meant to represent the people who want to move forward, and people align with him on a scientific level, and he has pace that is very far behind reality. If you watch his material there is a progression forward, but never in the direction of full disclosure or full acceptance. I am not sure he is a disinfo agent on purpose, or if he just fell into it, and they are feeding him info, but he plays the role well regardless.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint

I think you agreed?! Or I ..
lol

But yes, that's the style I was meaning
)

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by deloneninja
Every dimension is in plain sight, we just dont have the eyes to see it with. Everything is one and the same. Saying theres no 4th dimension is ignorant.

1st dimension would be a single line with internal infinite boundlessness.
2nd dimension would be an infinite ammount of these lines forming what could be a square.
3rd dimension is an infinite ammount of these squares stacked on top of eachother, forming a cube.
4th dimension would be an infinite ammount of these cubes stacked side by side, forming some rediculous looking thing, lol.

And so on.

Im not saying thats actually a very good representation of the dimensions, but i think it goes something like that.

But it's more or less what they use to explain and justify it's existence, and that is exactly where people get trapped and get everything wrong. There is no 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th in a independent way. All of them are one, why?

Because if were talking physics here in the 1st hypothetical dimension a single line with a internal infinite boundlessness is impossible without the 2nd, 3rd and 4th dimensions. The 2nd isn't possible without the 1st, 3rd and 4th. The 3rd isn't possible without the 1st, 2nd and 4th and the 4th isn't possible without 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

See, even thought a line might only connect two points in a single direction and plane this line must have a height, a width and a length and be present in time to exist. Otherwise it's nothing and everything at the same time. Same goes for a square a cube or a hypercube. So all of what they talk is just silly talk.

What they use to describe and argue about the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th dimensions is merely a matter of how we perceive things within this dimension that has the four at all times.

What separates things (dimension, planes) is not space, but frequency.

Sagan, Kaku and every single scientist/physicist that insists in this theory of a fourth dimension using flatland as it's basis and treating the first three dimensions as independent is just wrong and blind by nature. They should all just re-evaluate what the 1st, 2nd and 3rd with time (4th) are before trying to explain a "4th" dimension that isn't time it self.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
A very interesting thought experiment OP.

I've learned a few things along the way in my 44 years and I think you have hit pretty close to the mark. I think one of the things holding us back as a race is that our senses are tuned to dealing with the realities of the 3d universe. However just a mirror image away are a myriad of other universes. Sometimes we see/feel/taste/smell these other places but our brains cannot fully comprehend the incoming sensations, we only see one facit of a universal diamond...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join