It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th Dimension is in plain sight? Perhaps we already....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Believe me, I know what you are talking about.

That chemical that is released at birth and death.

I have done a lot of reading up on it, and I guess I am too afraid to experience it now.

Something to look forward to though when I die.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
reminds me of flatland, great little animation. Here take a look.

an amazing video/concept, as well as your avatar.
Haha when i seen it i had to call my little brother in the room and show him. We used to say that part to piss my mom off at dinner.
"is there any...PO...TA...TOS..."
haha

ok back to the idea of it.
interesting, again what if that "VOICE" that the little circle is hearing, is but our spiritual self?
A Buddhism monk, once told me that...everyday when we wake up...when we go to sleep...whatever we are doing we are talking. We are constantly talking to ourselves...the voice within, the reason, our soul, our logic, our desires. we are constantly talking to ourselves.
Im sure at times, we have talked to ourselves when we were in a very horrible raging sad crazy hurt mood, and somehow it "comforted us".
call it crazy or whatever, i guess what im trying to say is...would we hear the voice in the same sense that the little circle did?
like the movie the knowing "the whispers" talked IN THERE HEADS...from the INSIDE...to there soul...from where?
hopefully your following my overly creative mind lol

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

The simple answer is No. It wouldn't be a dimension then. Many things may exist in our universe, and maybe they live in more dimensions then we are aware of, but that doesn't make them dimensions themselves. No more then we could have parallel dimension. Parallel universe yes, dimension no.

My answer was not, and is not spiritual or philisophical, it is physical. Dimensions are not physical things no more then 2 is a physical thing. Dimensions are points or attributes that are needed to describe the place or things within their domain. They have no more meaning then the number two unless describing something. Can you picture 2? No you can't. You have to picture 2 of something or the symbol 2 or maybe even 2 spatial plots in your head but still 2 something. Same thing with dimensions. Our concept of 3 dimensions are just the 3 attributes; length, width, height, needed to plot anything in space. If you have nothing physical to plot, say you are interested in spirituality, then those three dimensions don't really mean anything. Your belief doesn't have length or width, etc.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I wasn't talking about a belief, but an actual fully consciousness aware experience, of the referencless all, a frame of reference which is no frame of reference, and therefore spacially infinite, from height to depth, breadth and width, but without dimension. The 'dimension' of light in other words, and of pure awareness, just consciousness, with no ego. Everything rides upon it, like wave, quite literally, but the whole thing has no dimension, it just is and is not, both, at the same infinite moment of now. And according to some, it knows and loves. But I'm not talking about faith or belief here, but an actual physical manifestation, a field which gives rise to and sustains absolutely everything. It exists. It is, it knows, it loves.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Here's how you can image the 4th physical dimension in part. You are actually changing dimensions every "moment" in time.

Time is called the 4th dimension, but it's not really the 4th physical dimension. It is however how we travel through the 4th physical dimension.

So, right now you can walk(or imagine) yourself walking across the room. Now, rather than looking at yourself in each place you were in as you walked, image you are in all those places at the same time. Like a big long worm. If you could see in that way, you would be seeing in the 4th dimension partially.

This is of course known as a timeline. To fill out the 4th dimension, rather than looking at the at the single line you made, imaging if you had made another path next to on 1 side, another on another side and so forth. Basicaly, imagine you were all around that area. That would fill out the 4th dimension.

The shape of the 4th dimension can't really be seen by us, we can only imagine it. However, we can calculate the shapes, and we can see the shadow of 4d.

So 1D stacks on top of itself to create 2d, 2d stacks on top of itself and you get 3d, 3d stacks on top of itself to get 4d, 4d stacks on top of itself to get 5d and on and on.

If you could somehow travel these dimensions, then you could do things which appeared to be like magic. Turning water into wine for example, you just need to travel "sideways" until the water changes enough to be wine, then bring that bit of that dimension back to the 3d reality. Those in the 3d would only ever see the result, as their "time" never included all that other "traveling".

I am reminded that while this could be the "technical" part of it, I didn't need to know physics in order to throw a baseball and play catch. And so getting things or whatever from such a physical possibility could just be having it enabled or something, IE: I want this water to turn into wine, and so reality automatically moves it for you.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

To live with no time is very different and enjoyable.

Since I retired in Jan. 2007 time is no longer my motivator. I can go for weeks without caring and many times not knowing what day it is or what time it is.

The only need I have for time is to adjust my lifestyle to those poor souls stuck living by the clock and making appointments for me.

I have to leave my reality and go back to the time reality for times to see my doctor, lawyer and other boring people.

I have seen many things I never saw in all the years I passed them everyday going to my office.

It is my opinion there is much to see but we have self restrictions we don't know we have.

Yes, I believe there is an inside and an outside. We only need to break the chains of time and look beyond our reality.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Star and flag for you! Great thread! It's true there is so much more than what we can see and touch right here and now.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
reply to post by tribewilder

To live with no time is very different and enjoyable.

Since I retired in Jan. 2007 time is no longer my motivator. I can go for weeks without caring and many times not knowing what day it is or what time it is.

The only need I have for time is to adjust my lifestyle to those poor souls stuck living by the clock and making appointments for me.

I have to leave my reality and go back to the time reality for times to see my doctor, lawyer and other boring people.

I have seen many things I never saw in all the years I passed them everyday going to my office.

It is my opinion there is much to see but we have self restrictions we don't know we have.

Yes, I believe there is an inside and an outside. We only need to break the chains of time and look beyond our reality.

THank you for your contribution. In no dis-respect do i mean this next part, but it makes me a bit happier to get some wise information from someone who has been here, longer than me. I think its a good valid source, to get information from someone who is considerably older than me. (i am 21)
i know what you mean though, imagine living a day without wondering WHAT TIME IT WAS...you would do WHAT YOU WANT, whenever feely

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

This may be paradoxical regarding the eternal now, but my aim now, is to figure out how, within six to eight months (i know i know it doesn't work that way), to free myself from the calendar, move to this beautiful little island I know of just off the tip of Vancouver island called salt spring island, and there, just work on and off whenever I like, paint, read, write, sit around, spend time with people, and just BE. Screw the "grid". And then maybe from there, from that place, and way of being, I can contribute something creative and of value, which will be helpful, instead of just wasting my time running the hamster wheel.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Thankyou! Someone with a brain.

The golden age that we will slip into towards the year 2012 is merely ourselves coming to a realization of our lives and everything else around us. Its not going to be exactly 2012, its just a rough estimation on our own thinking patterns and the point we step back and look at this grand design.

You can already see it now. EVERYTHING is being questioned and analyzed, the government no longer has its grips of the people. Its the peoples decisions that control the outcome of what 'WE' want.

Give it these extra few years and 'we' will see big changes. We will realize how small we are in the vastness of space and at the same time realize our importance instead of believing in religious lies.

That is our 4th dimension.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
"Yes, I believe there is an inside and an outside. We only need to break the chains of time and look beyond our reality. "

Stop talking in these stupid riddles you think make you sound clever.

There 'is no other existence beyond our reality"....Only building on what we have now.

God! When will any of your open your mind properly and realise the truths instead of getting this all twisted.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is not a new concept. Know thyself has been around for a long time.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnoughIsEnough
"Yes, I believe there is an inside and an outside. We only need to break the chains of time and look beyond our reality. "

Stop talking in these stupid riddles you think make you sound clever.

There 'is no other existence beyond our reality"....Only building on what we have now.

God! When will any of your open your mind properly and realise the truths instead of getting this all twisted.

We are all entitled to our beliefs, and im not knocking you for them. But this forum wasn't created in the thinking of "is there a god or not"

I am sure there is a search bar on your screen, as there is one on all of ours. If you wish to discuss the existence of god, feel free to find a forum that better suites the topic you wish to discuss.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

In a form of meditation; don't remember what it is called, you strip away all the layers of things until you get to the core of what a thing is. Using it to try and describe yourself is a great way to know thyself. You might start by using your name, but that is not you, it is just a label that was given to you at birth. Maybe you are a student, but that is not you either, that is just a role that you are currently acting in. Etc. etc.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
This is not a new concept. Know thyself has been around for a long time.

en.wikipedia.org...

I didnt state, it was a new concept, or a new idea that no one has thought about. It was simply a thought that came TO MY MIND, and i thought i would share it with the rest of the ATS.
Kinda the problem with the world today. Ego and Pride. Really does it matter who came up with the idea first? the point is will it help us.
A quote i thought of, on my way to enlightenment.
I was trying to prove a point and i realized...
"the point isn't to always be right...but to help others wrong"
congrats for being "the first person" to think of this concept.Im sure this concept has been around for millions of billions of eon's, before it even came to your/our mind.
But by all means, the credit is all yours.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
reply to post by dizziedame

This may be paradoxical regarding the eternal now, but my aim now, is to figure out how, within six to eight months (i know i know it doesn't work that way), to free myself from the calendar, move to this beautiful little island I know of just off the tip of Vancouver island called salt spring island, and there, just work on and off whenever I like, paint, read, write, sit around, spend time with people, and just BE. Screw the "grid". And then maybe from there, from that place, and way of being, I can contribute something creative and of value, which will be helpful, instead of just wasting my time running the hamster wheel.

where do you think your going to get the paint? lol
i dont think off the grid means paint nd books can come along.
unless of course u catch an animal, use its skin to write a book on (like the olden days)
but then again that's contradicting to enlightenment? killing a living thing, for a pointless cause? the difference between need and desire.
just a thought

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here is what I have perceived directly: There is an inside and an outside but not really. It can be experienced as null point or as having polarity and manifestation. Which is inside and which is outside in a matter of perspective. When you are there this is the dream, when you are here, that is the dream. It wraps upon itself in a klein-bottle like geometry in that it contains itself in a mutual way.

I supposed being fully aware is in fact seeing it all as a dream or all as real, all at once. One-ness and not-oneness is a polarity in its own right.

But, dimensions never cease. Every polarity is a dimension connecting those extremes. Love-Hate, light-dark, hot-cold, etc.

Did I make myself obscure enough (all without '___' too)?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
Star and flag for you! Great thread! It's true there is so much more than what we can see and touch right here and now.

EXACTLY...can u FEEL THE WIND? of course...
can u SEE? can you TOUCH IT?
well now the question comes into play WHAT IS THE WIND?
if we judge something being real because we SEE IT, then what is the wind?
what is gravity?
what is the different layers of our atmosphere?
do they not exist because we cant SEE IT with our eyes?
we cant sense it with the sense's we have.

its amazing how contradicting humans are lol.
gravity is real, but an energy that created us isn't?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
btw, thank you everyone who has written back with there thoughts, there replies etc. whether its good or bad, it adds to the thought process.
I often forget to REPLY to forums when i read them, and feel bad for not putting my 2 cents in.
thank you all =]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have enjoyed reading this thread. Good job, guys.

There is a little bit of 'bad science' in there, in the fact that the real fourth dimension relative to humanity is time. Afterall, time is what gives us the illusion of fluidity in our length, width and height perceptions.
But aside from that bit this is a nice thought exercise.

I had an experience once that I can't fully describe, but OmegaPoint's description of total awareness is pretty close.

I was on a jobsite and it was quite embarrasing in retrospect.
Anyhow, I was walking to the other end of our jobsite and I was pondering upperdimensional beings. Do they exist? If they exist what must they be looking upon when they look upon Earth and what happened was the weirdest thing. It was if I was sucked outward from this planet and viewed Earth itself as what I can best describe as a brain.

Honestly, that doesn't even describe it. It was odd. But it was wonderful. I mean the image was in my head clear as day. Gently pulled outward at tremendous speed and with a view of everything. As soon as it happened, it was gone.

The feeling was absolutely amazing. So amazing that I fell to my knees.

And people saw me do this. At the time I didn't care. I was in the best mood I have ever been in for the rest of the day. It literally took my breath away and every bit ot that experience except for my actions dissolved immediately.

Looking back on it now I'm sure people think now "man, that was weird."

Oh well.

It was like a lucid dream / astral projection while fully awake.

Completely and utterly positive in every way. Even thinking about it almost makes me WANT to cry.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join