It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th Dimension is in plain sight? Perhaps we already....

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

the fish don't know it's one hour before feeding time... they know they are to be fed soon biologically, not due to clock time. Biologically, they understand cycles, just like us.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

This is metaphorical. The fish are about to break the surface, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by physicalbeing

I think you miss the point completely.
Biological time is precisely the same as the Swatch Watch you hold on your wrist.
It is the knowledge of forward progression through 3d construct.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MADCZAR

Well I heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do ya?
Well it goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall and the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah

WOW. The fall is ending, my friend.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

No, I was actually responding to a person who was stating that fish have no comprehension of time.

As if they don't make spawning runs on a nearly clocklike basis of time.

I understand the metaphor, that that isn't what I responded to.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Sorry, my bad. I responded quickly after reading. I just think the idea of the fish surfacing above water, taking the bait that the next level offers, fits perfectly in this thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelhernsinI thought about it because of how truelly powerful spirtuality is within people who believe in it.

Haha, after self realization all beliefs fall away and are seen for what they are -- illusions. Then there is only truth left.

It is not a belief. It is the only thing that IS.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
personally, what i think is that... sometimes when a human being gets either drunk, or "high" as they call it, we kind of go into another dimension, im sure im not the only person on ats to ever get high, or drunk, and if i am... my bad, lol, but seriously, havent you ever thought about how different you may act while your intoxicated, that thats how you may act in another dimension? Sometimes it may be sad, because you may act stupidly or dumb in some kind of way, buts sometimes you think in a totally different way than if you were when your sober... So what im getting at i guess is that if anyone else thinks that intoxicating youself makes you seem like your in a different place than you really are... maybe it gives us a glimps of different places in our "universe" or "reality".. does anyone know what im sayin? lol

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by booggyman111
personally, what i think is that... sometimes when a human being gets either drunk, or "high" as they call it, we kind of go into another dimension, im sure im not the only person on ats to ever get high, or drunk, and if i am... my bad, lol, but seriously, havent you ever thought about how different you may act while your intoxicated, that thats how you may act in another dimension? Sometimes it may be sad, because you may act stupidly or dumb in some kind of way, buts sometimes you think in a totally different way than if you were when your sober... So what im getting at i guess is that if anyone else thinks that intoxicating youself makes you seem like your in a different place than you really are... maybe it gives us a glimps of different places in our "universe" or "reality".. does anyone know what im sayin? lol

We humans can create all kinds of dimensions with our mind. We dont have to dream to be able to do that. All we have to do is visualize, imagine or think.

By visualization you can be what ever shape and form you imagine and still be you.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
so...what does that mean? that we as humans can create alternate dimensions as we please? If that were the case wouldnt all of us just be creating dimensions for ourselves where we would all be happy, and at peace?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There is no other alternative dimension. All dimensions intersect here, in this one, because this, this reality, is real and it is life. Maybe we're even at the very leading edge of the tip of the spearhead of universal evolutionary progress.

I think any "other" dimension, is only the dimension of universal love and God-consciousness, which will arise as the veil of ego is lifted, or dissolved in suffering.

It's full spectrum this life, and there may be hidden things in unknown unknown realms, which could make themselves available or open up from life to life in eternity, but here now, this is IT - why not embrace it, accept it, and recieve it, instead of speculating about other impreceptible dimensions of reality and existence.

I may soon be undergoing an experience which I aludded to earlier in this thread, and if what I understand about it is accurate, it will simply be an experience of the all in all which is eternally, and present, and is never not present.

So as Eckhart Tolle likes to say, presence then, is everything, the simple presence of awareness transcendent of the egoic mind, or the seeking, grapsing, searching mind - the still presence withing and without, of God.

It's all here now, already, enfolded and unfolding.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inannamute
Science generally views time as being the fourth dimension, but with the curious property of a fixed rate of increase and our inability to move in both directions, only in one. It's worth sitting and thinking about time and our movement through it, because it could be that time doesn't really exist in the way we think it does. Maybe instead of it being something fixed, it's much more variable, a function of our own minds, in the way that quantum phenomena can be influenced by observation, so can time. We've all experienced endless hours, and days that pass in seconds, seemingly.. Is it really just our perception that changes?

I'm sorry that I haven't read all the posts yet, but I got to this and felt a need to respond to a couple of points you made.

'Science' doesn't necessarily view the 4th dimension as time. In fact it leans more to it in the Eucledian sense. Literally adding extra axes. The reason? Because you can mathematically calculate it. Or in other words, you can translate it into a logical language. As for time as the 4th dimension, it's just one of many concepts within a framework (general relativity).

Personally, I'm inclined to think that time is not the 4th D. There is a curious trend when calculating extra dimensions. Everytime you you add an extra dimension you must double the preceeding ones and turn them perpendicular to all others. It's hard to demonstrate without visuals. If time were the 4th D then you would need to add one more timeline and literally turn it perpidicular to all others. That is the mathematical trend. Suggesting otherwise, in this concept, would directly break this mathematically observable trend.

As for experiencing/perceiving time at different rates, that has more to do with which 'hemisphere' of the brain you are predominately using at the time. The logical 'left side' of the brain is a number crunching, single line of code processing, pigeon-holing, son of a gun microchip. The 'right side' has poor if any spacial awareness, time awareness, logical awareness, but it can process thousands of learned processes all at once. When you are 'in your right side' of your mind you don't perceive time as it actually is, because, it doesn't perceive time. Time flies when your having fun? Your in your right side of your mind not criticising things, etc. It ain't linear either. So, no, I don't think that has much to do with 4D in that sense.

My suggestion would be to strengthen your corpus collosum (spelling), the bridge between the two hemispheres, and you will achieve genious. Seriously. If you are a predominately left brained person then force yourself to do art, (among other interesting exercises) to open up that side and reinforce that bridge, no matter how painful it might be. Then perhaps you'll begin accessing more of your subconscious which perceives everything as it is at all times. Get ready for some crazy dreams!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
My suggestion would be to strengthen your corpus collosum (spelling), the bridge between the two hemispheres, and you will achieve genious. Seriously. If you are a predominately left brained person then force yourself to do art, (among other interesting exercises) to open up that side and reinforce that bridge, no matter how painful it might be. Then perhaps you'll begin accessing more of your subconscious which perceives everything as it is at all times. Get ready for some crazy dreams!

There is an absolutely wonderful method which has been developed for doing just that, and it's freely available HERE.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I love this site. Does anybody actually have friends that speak so existential? If you do I am missing out.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The fish concept of being pulled out of its enviroment is the best I've heard to explain the minds atempt to understand dimensional shifts. Lastly alcohol may open up lower levels of the ego but not other dimensions. The secret to freeing are consciousnes or soul is in the pineal gland. This gland has been called the home of the soul by Descarte and was cherished by the Egyptians for it s power. The substance it produces is '___'. Go read my earlier post to hear about a journey I had on a similar
substance. The tibetan book of the dead really can give us some incite on how we travel in between dimensions. The only problem is when we become open to these concepts we realize the grandeur of existance.
If we become more spiritual beings and evolve all the wars and mass consuming may stop. This is why the tptb pollute are bodies with alcohol,
cigaretes, sugar, etc. A shift in are thinking would mean an end to there dominace.

"Paganism is wholesome because it faces the facts of life.”
A.C.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
You know, I might aswell give my thoughts to it and see if maybe people can relate to it, which I think alot of will. A description of the awakening taking place in real life, like we perceive it.

The way I've been noticing my mind shift was very remarkable and I am still undergoing the proces. It feels like thoughts are coming to a zero speed and there is an atmosphere that I feel that is involved in thought process that gives the feel of distance to thoughts. The feeling of a thought that slows down more and more and becomes more and more visible for the conscious I at its brightest intensity. It feels like an awakening you would experience during a lucid dream, the shift that involves being convincing to yourself that triggers the lucidity. This seems to be present to in the awakening procest. It's like realizing that the I (eye) is observing this waking life, is the same I that goes into dream. We realize our true position in life which is the I (eye). And that is in more of a travel in images then in actual physical motion. Just like dreams, it's all a play of images (thoughts). This is coming to a halt I feel, that everything is slowly giving itself up and we start to realize that control we had the whole time and our so called control base in life. And alot of people get a bit depressed because of the feeling of being too much in the now with the waking mind. It feels a bit too much at first and they end up having questions like: How can I live like this the whole time. Because of it's intensity in lucidity

I'm curious if there are other people that can relate themselves to my short observation for now that I have shared as I don't have much time right now to get fully into it. But if there are people there that can relate to this, which I'm sure they can. Please let know, share your feelings and thoughts about it cause I've noticed that this is important at the moment for people to not feel confused about it.

Good thread! S&F

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelhernsin

Great post!!!!

I have a book called "The 4th Dimension" and it's all based on scientific research on the subject. Your IN/OUT theory is interesting however the fourth dimension is TIME.

I remember reading that if one was to travel a certain speed in space (dont remember how fast) for one hour, he would come back and time would have past faster on earth than for him. (I can't recall all the details cause that book is just packed with info and it's been a few years since I read it).

I'll look for the book and try to post some of what is in there.

Cheers!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teye22
I remember reading that if one was to travel a certain speed in space (dont remember how fast) for one hour, he would come back and time would have past faster on earth than for him. (I can't recall all the details cause that book is just packed with info and it's been a few years since I read it).

That is called "time dilation"

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Well you do so thats not the point.. Do not read in to it so much.. it becomes pointless.

We are here and the point is YOU are needed

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i really enjoyed reading that post. it makes a lot of sense to me and i definitely think there is more to the world than what we can see and hear. we dont know everything... and thats one of the beautiful things about life.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join