It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th Dimension is in plain sight? Perhaps we already....

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

ah but living and observing are one of the same thing... If you are aware of it you in fact create it..

quantum physics my friend.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by fordrew

ah but living and observing are one of the same thing... If you are aware of it you in fact create it..

quantum physics my friend.

quite true... What I am just saying is that we can not see the 4th dimension, I am not saying that it does not exist.. it is happening right now as we speak everywhere that there is space, matter and its happening in front of our own eyes for as long as we live.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by fordrew]

[edit on 7-8-2009 by fordrew]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I originally posted this idea in one of Donnie Darkos earlier threads (Crop-Cirlces and Flatland Theory) so, my sincere apologies if you've read it before, but I think it's worth contributing to this thread!

Many years ago, in a school science class, whilst discussing "Brownian motion" - the random movement of particles observed suspended in a gas or liquid - It struck me that the individual particles we looked at, during the school class, displayed motion which resembled that of the stars and planetary bodies in our own solar system.
Some orbiting others, some forming groups which directly interacted with one another, and some just seemingly passing through!

It was then that I thought... what if...

What if the 4th dimension was simply one of scale?

What if the tiny particles I had observed in school science classes, were actually massive planets, stars, whole galaxies etc in the next dimension "in".

What if our own planet, our solar system and the many known galaxies, were simply the tiniest of particles, in a test tube, in a science class, in the next dimension "out"

The sheer difference in scale, would make it impossible for anything existing in any single dimension, to be able to comprehend what actually exists in the "next" dimension. We could not possibly "point" to the next dimension out, because it would be, quite literally, all around us. (Omnipotence??? lol)

We "know" that the solids, liquids and gases of our world are made up of these tiny particles... but given the limits of our observational technology, what do we really "know" about those particles?

Likewise, we can gaze many light years out into the deep void of space... but this might equate to the square root of diddly-squat on the measuring tape of the next dimension out!

Could this explain why space (and time) are boundless? (There would be no limit to the number of possible dimensions in or out, they could theoretically carry on indefinitely)
Does it hint at the source of the omnipotent nature of god(s)?
Maybe the Big Bang was someone opening a can of pespi in the next dimension out?? lol
Maybe achieving a higher state of consciousness involves becoming aware of these other dimensions?
I dunno!
G

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelhernsin

i catch fish every day and release them.

Trust me fish are to dumb to realize a 4th dimension.
Heck they even bite the hook again after ya catch em and let em go lol
and they don't communicate good.
They never say Man don't bite worm's on a hook...it hurt's.

2nd the analogy is off.
Even if a fish did go wtf.. there is another world out here.
It's still the 3rd dimension not the 4th he is seeing.

The 4th could not be fathomable to the human mind even if it could be seen.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Thanks for your response. I tend to get this kind of information from mostly inside, and deep thinking.

Basically from feeling. Think about it though. If ET races did exist, and they were benevolent, why wouldn't they be showing themselves now? I like to think of it this way, if something doesn't show itself in front of humans, that being or entity is not of the creator. Therefore, it is from the opposite of the creator, and from lower dimensions than our own.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, let me know if you want me to explain further.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Argokoo]

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Argokoo]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
I do not know if this has already been said, but it is impossible to see the 4th dimension.

www.youtube.com...

This gives a super awesome explanation of why we can not see things in 4th dimension.

What the fourth dimension basically is, is the object viewed in one point of time, to another.

I.E : If someone makes an expression and then changes his expression to a normal face, in the fourth dimension you will be able to view the complete transition without having to ask the person to remake the face. It is kind of hard to explain because we do not live in fourth dimension.
It seems the mind is only able to touch on small part of 4th dimension at time.

If some entity were able to view and comprehind time as one structured object, the mental capacity would far, far exceed that of a human, it is hard for us to fully grasp what is occurring in real time, compared to entire lifetime as one comprenhable view.

Under extrem stress the human mind is forced to acclerate mental speed of viewed occurrance, which only slows time to minimal by some how grabbing small chuncks of time and holding monments as fast flashes of pictures in mind viewed as slow motion .

I can not quote source at this moment, but is said is proven fact, that older persons precives time at higher speed, that that of younger person.
Reason for this has considerstion for older persons mind becoming accustom to fimiliar occurances, so no need to dwell in moment as such.
They have no real answer.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
From what I’ve gathered, the 4th dimension will lead to a new understanding of time for humans. Right now we view time as linear which is a complete distortion of how it all works.

We spend far too much time thinking about the past/future and are hardly living in the only thing we really have...the present. Every moment we experience in this existence is in the present.

We believe we have 80 years or so to make something of our selves or else we have failed....that’s where the rat race comes in and that takes us out of the present moment.

We will start seeing the 4th dimension when the collective consciousness of humanity realizes deep in their subconscious that we are eternal beings. There is no beginning/end or past/future. There is just NOW.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Nice thread very well put but what about life and what is called death never the less very good thread PROPZ

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ok, I get a bit amused by those that try to explain to people who let their minds run free that "the 4th dimension is time" under some tacit assumption that people considering other possibilities and calling it 4th are not familiar with those physics concepts. That's the sort of rigidity we have to overcome. Once we have sufficient knowledge of a larger reality, we can start theorizing and labelling in a systematic manner if we so choose. Right now we have tenuous experience and insufficient semantics.

Also, if the fish were pulled out of the pond into a parallel volume (prism), all it would see different volume slices of the reality. Its own familiar reality would disappear from its perception the moment it was unbonded from it. It's being able to look upon its original prism from another prism would require direct awareness of 4-d space.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5de53c006f99.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Great thread, but it's kind of annoying when you post 10 times in a row. I don't know why, but it always kind of irks me the way people can't allow a thread to take on a life of it's own, but how if it's one they started, they must own it all and answer every single post as if each post is directed at them personally. Don't get me wrong, you've put forth some great ideas, but when I find myself scrolling and scrolling without reading because it's just the same person over and over and over again, it kind of riuns the thread imo even if it's one they themselves started. Why not just let it unfold with some spontaneity without having to jump all over it continuously. Just a thought..

P.S. There is no time in the context of an eternally unfolding present moment. Time is just an illusion, never mind giving it its own dimension. Also time-space is absurd. Time has nothing to do with space in any real sense. At best, it's just a convention for measuring causation in small, measurable ways.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by OmegaPoint]

well im sorry, unlike many i actually have a life, and i have things to do IN MY LIFE, rather than sit on ATS and writing on forums and blogs all day.
It was a forum based off of MY THOUGHTS, and idea I HAD, a forum or actually this WEBSITE IS to give or shed thoughts on something YOU HAD IN YOUR MIND, SOMETHING YOU SEEn, SOMETHING YOU EXPERIENCED, not to let everyone else have there own little discussion. As self centered as it might seem, it was based off a thought I HAD, and it was ME ASKING PEOPLES OPINIONS DIRECTLY and INDIRECTLY. In other words, i really dont care if you dont like how i respond to people who wrote back with there opinions. there opinions are directed towards everyone to read, there more than able to read it, but its TRUELLY AN INDIRECT CONVERSATION with the op.
like i said i have an actual life, and a very busy one at that. I just got back from doing some media event, it was 5-5:30 am in the morning, and i knew i would have very little time today (friday). forgive me for actually paying attention, and writing back to those who took the time to READ what was on my mind, and write back.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Great thread, but it's kind of annoying when you post 10 times in a row. I don't know why, but it always kind of irks me the way people can't allow a thread to take on a life of it's own, but how if it's one they started, they must own it all and answer every single post as if each post is directed at them personally. Don't get me wrong, you've put forth some great ideas, but when I find myself scrolling and scrolling without reading because it's just the same person over and over and over again, it kind of riuns the thread imo even if it's one they themselves started. Why not just let it unfold with some spontaneity without having to jump all over it continuously. Just a thought..

P.S. There is no time in the context of an eternally unfolding present moment. Time is just an illusion, never mind giving it its own dimension. Also time-space is absurd. Time has nothing to do with space in any real sense. At best, it's just a convention for measuring causation in small, measurable ways.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by OmegaPoint]

well im sorry, unlike many i actually have a life, and i have things to do IN MY LIFE, rather than sit on ATS and writing on forums and blogs all day.
It was a forum based off of MY THOUGHTS, and idea I HAD, a forum or actually this WEBSITE IS to give or shed thoughts on something YOU HAD IN YOUR MIND, SOMETHING YOU SEEn, SOMETHING YOU EXPERIENCED, not to let everyone else have there own little discussion. As self centered as it might seem, it was based off a thought I HAD, and it was ME ASKING PEOPLES OPINIONS DIRECTLY and INDIRECTLY. In other words, i really dont care if you dont like how i respond to people who wrote back with there opinions. there opinions are directed towards everyone to read, there more than able to read it, but its TRUELLY AN INDIRECT CONVERSATION with the op.
like i said i have an actual life, and a very busy one at that. I just got back from doing some media event, it was 5-5:30 am in the morning, and i knew i would have very little time today (friday). forgive me for actually paying attention, and writing back to those who took the time to READ what was on my mind, and write back.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Realy there was great seperation between post, it just appears no one else posted between his post. or maybe he was bored and trying to keep thread going or catching up, I know, I was asleep dreaming I was on the outside of inside out looking in.

In the great skem of things does it even really matter.

really seriously guys? its a post on a website that most people dont talk about. Its really truelly NOT that big a deal. check the times, it was all within 20 mins that i replied.
Relax

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulOrb
Ok, I just need to say this. He is like a disinfo agent. Is is like NASA. A false pace of moving forward, when in effect many know that we are further ahead then they let on.

This man is is meant to represent the people who want to move forward, and people align with him on a scientific level, and he has pace that is very far behind reality. If you watch his material there is a progression forward, but never in the direction of full disclosure or full acceptance. I am not sure he is a disinfo agent on purpose, or if he just fell into it, and they are feeding him info, but he plays the role well regardless.

im not quite to sure, are you speaking of me or someone else?...
lol

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
so in general, after reading this thread.. why is it that when faced with something that they have problems comprehending (the visual aspect of a 4th dimensions is rather difficult for most to achieve) that they instantly go for the stoner hippy mystical outer space crap?

I mean seriously, why replace what could be some actual info with all this garbage with people explaining their last bad drug trip?

I really dont see anything here, that indicated someone OR ME was a stoner, and had a bad drug trip. If anything most of the people writing here, are giving good math equations, laws of physics, and experienced themselves have had.
I never said either to VIEW the 4th dimension. If you took the time to actually read most of the postings, most are feeling that perhaps its not a VISION OF 4th dimension we'll see. But an understanding, knowledge from WITHIN. not SEE WITH YOUR WEAK EYES, but actually KNOW and feel it inside us etc.
YOU GET INFO from outside (space, stars, the sun etc.)
but we dont SEE THEM (obviously we cant)
but we have the knowledge IN OUR BRAIN of what happens
thus INSIDE lol

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
This thread has took on a little life of its own lol.

2 questions one should ask.

What way is up and the second one is why are you asking in the first place.

Both are very relevant in understanding logic and critical thinking.

And here is my Riddle : What question never has an answer?

Now continue..

VERY GOOD WAY OF THINKING!!
i was using the restroom last night and that thought occurred to me lol.
(i get thoughts at truelly random times)
lets say we "BLAST OFF OF EARTH, into space.
in relation to earth, it is blasting UPWARDS, but in space? are we really going DOWN instead?
think of a fly on a globe in your room. now it BLASTS OFF (upward) in its mind, because it cant conceive the huge PICTURE OF EARTH, it just knows what its relation to. BUT if we observer it from a 3 dimensional world or a "BIGGER WORLD" he is actually blasting down towards the ground.
so i guess to know real up and down in the 3rd/4th/etc dimensions, it has to be compared to something "BIGGER" correct?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelhernsin
really seriously guys? its a post on a website that most people dont talk about. Its really truelly NOT that big a deal. check the times, it was all within 20 mins that i replied.
Relax

No "guys". You started a thread and may freely share your thoughts by replying to members in IMHO. I appreciate the efforts you put into bouncing the ideas back. Your enthusiasm for the topic is thusly indicated. I see no need for you to justify anything to anyone but then again it's your choice if you want to.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have to say i love all the responses. IT goes to show and prove the points of many in here. EVERYONE has a different opinion EVERYONE is either agreeing with someone, is being enlightened by someones words, or just here to argue and debate. But non the less, were all united in one common goal. TO GIVE THE ANSWER.
whether is positive or negative response, in essences it's STILL a positive thing, that your trying to share information, rather its wrong or right. I thank you all for taking the time to respond. I have read lots of comments since being on ats, and some have helped me very profoundly spiritually, wisdom, and knowledge.
In other words, i dont take everyone's words likely. I appreciate the time it takes, to spill out what you feel is real and not real.
kinda gay but eh lol

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Earth and Many Earth Humans Currently Occupy the 3rd and 4th Dimensions. Some have Raised their Consciousness to above that. 5th/6th ect. ect.
In 1976 The Earth was Artificially Raised to the 4th Vibrational Density. In 1998 this Occurred Naturally. We are Currently on our way As a Planet, Including the Spiritual Entity that is Gaia, to the 5th Density. This will be a Time of A Great Unveiling as the Shroud of Illusion is removed. DEC 21, 2012 will be a Marker on the Path to the 5th Dimension. Not to be confused with the Entering of the 5th World as viewed by the Maya/Hopi/Navajo/ECT. That has to do with Precession.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Manjushri Bodhisattva

Here is something I wrote a Few Years Back...

"I was asked how there could be a 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 9th dimension... or whatever... if there are an infinite number... Good question...

Dimensions are separated by vibration, much like radio frequencies, these different vibrations can exist in the same space without touching or interfering with one and another. A higher Vibration can perceive a lower one, but a lower Vibration cannot perceive a higher one. Classical Physics teaches the story of The Dot, The Line, and The Cube. Each one only able to perceive the one that came before it... so the Dot is unaware of the Line, The Line is unaware of the Cube, but the Cube is aware of them all. This represents the first 3 dimensions, a 4th would be time, and many argue we have been 4th Dimensional beings since the moment we began to measure time... But that is Classical Physics... Quantum Physics teaches us of the zero point field or quantum vacuum... that all matter is energy condensed to a slower vibration, that atoms are not solid and not only is reality an illusion of photon energy but it is subject to the will of consciousness.

Back to topic...

Now, there are in fact an Infinite number of dimensions. Just like a single NOTE of sound has 12 octaves and each octave has 12 semitones and an infinite number of harmonics in between... The Universe has 12 main octaves of vibration creating the 12 Dimensions of Physical Matter, each of these 12 Dimensions have 12 levels in between, Just like the Mayan Tzol'Kin the 13th level is the next step up... or next Dimension...

String Theory is based on this, but it is wrong in that there are no strings just waves and particles... And right in that the Physical Universe is a manifestation of these vibrations...A Unified Field Theory is much more accurate... I numbered them using the Science that was Developed here... Unified Field Theory currently states there to be 12 such octaves or dimensions in this physical universe...

In other words there are an infinite number of 3rd Density Dimensions and 4th Density and so on... past 12th Dimensional however there is no more slow vibration of energy into any sort of matter... Just pure energy, Transcendental space. The Zero Point, The Quantum Vacuum... That is not to say you longer exist, but you are literally everything... This is nirvana... the escape from the cycles of life and death...

Another misconception is that we live in the 3rd Dimension... This is only partly true, you actually live in multiple dimensions at once. Normally in a cord of harmonics... For example Most earth humans currently Live in their 3rd and 4th Density bodies, while they are either making or already have a 5th Density body. Think of a Super-Computer using wireless connections to control several other computers at once... All one needs to do is shift their consciousness from one level to another. Meditation and an understanding of the Chakra System will help you move your consciousness up... Using Universal Love and Compassion Through True Understanding you can raise your vibration to the highest levels of the multiverse...

When some earth humans die, they go to the 7th Dimension... others may go to the 9th Dimension from were they are projecting themselves originally.

From my understanding there is now consciousness even in the 2nd Dimension thanks to computers, AI, and the universes they can create."

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Manjushri Bodhisattva

More from that Article, excerpts from Wiki.

"Extra dimensions

[edit] Number of dimensions

One intriguing feature of string theory is that it involves the prediction of extra dimensions. The number of dimensions is not fixed by any consistency criterion, but flat spacetime solutions do exist in the so-called "critical dimension." Cosmological solutions exist in a wider variety of dimensionalities, and these different dimensions—more precisely different values of the "effective central charge," a count of degrees of freedom which reduces to dimensionality in weakly curved regimes—are related by dynamical transitions.[9]

Nothing in Maxwell's theory of electromagnetism or Einstein's theory of relativity makes this kind of prediction; these theories require physicists to insert the number of dimensions "by hand," and this number is fixed and independent of potential energy. String theory allows one to relate the number of dimensions to scalar potential energy. Technically, this happens because a gauge anomaly exists for every separate number of predicted dimensions, and the gauge anomaly can be counteracted by including nontrivial potential energy into equations to solve motion. Furthermore, the absence of potential energy in the "critical dimension" explains why flat spacetime solutions are possible.

This can be better understood by noting that a photon included in a consistent theory (technically, a particle carrying a force related to an unbroken gauge symmetry) must be massless. The mass of the photon which is predicted by string theory depends on the energy of the string mode which represents the photon. This energy includes a contribution from the Casimir effect, namely from quantum fluctuations in the string. The size of this contribution depends on the number of dimensions since for a larger number of dimensions, there are more possible fluctuations in the string position. Therefore, the photon in flat spacetime will be massless—and the theory consistent—only for a particular number of dimensions.[10]

When the calculation is done, the critical dimensionality is not four as one may expect (three axes of space and one of time). Flat space string theories are 26-dimensional in the bosonic case, while superstring and M-theories turn out to involve 10 or 11 dimensions for flat solutions. In bosonic string theories, the 26 dimensions come from the Polyakov equation.[11] Starting from any dimension greater than four, it is necessary to consider how these are reduced to four dimensional space-time.
Calabi-Yau manifold (3D projection)
Calabi-Yau manifold (3D projection)

[edit] Compact dimensions

Two different ways have been proposed to resolve this apparent contradiction. The first is to compactify the extra dimensions; i.e., the 6 or 7 extra dimensions are so small as to be undetectable in our phenomenal experience. In order to retain the supersymmetric properties of string theory, these spaces must be very special. The 6-dimensional model's resolution is achieved with Calabi-Yau spaces. In 7 dimensions, they are termed G2 manifolds. These extra dimensions are compactified by causing them to loop back upon themselves.

A standard analogy for this is to consider multidimensional space as a garden hose. If the hose is viewed from a sufficient distance, it appears to have only one dimension, its length. Indeed, think of a ball just small enough to enter the hose. Throwing such a ball inside the hose, the ball would move more or less in one dimension; in any experiment we make by throwing such balls in the hose, the only important movement will be one-dimensional, that is, along the hose. However, as one approaches the hose, one discovers that it contains a second dimension, its circumference. Thus, an ant crawling inside it would move in two dimensions (and a fly flying in it would move in 3D)"

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join