It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transhumanist Postgenderism - Science Fiction or Science Future?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
It is still disturbing though because I know just how many people out there would run collectively to these people's laboratories begging to be the first guinea pig for the test, without a moments hesitation or consideration that they would in essence lose their very humanity.

Well, a lot of people seem to be ready to give up on humanity. They see all the "negativity" humankind is capable of and they think it means humans are inherently corrupt. I don't believe we are. I think it's probably more a product of our environment and the established society we live in.

I think a lot of people would want this sort of change, especially young people today who don't feel they fit in. It is just that the ruling establishment doesn't value the individual. It's something we could change over time, philosophically, if we weren't constantly influenced and manipulated.

We shouldn't want to fit in such an authoritarian society. Changing human biology isn't necessary imo. It would be enough to gradually change our philosophy, to stop listening to the "authority", to stop mimicking and following people of influence.

Technology could be based on the principle of making our lives better. Humankind would improve as a result of a better environment. Changing the human without changing the environment... not a very good idea imo. From the perspective of 'TPTB' though, I can see how it would seem like a great idea.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

I understand exactly where you are coming from with your thoughts on this in that humanity is corrupted, not by us or our surrounding environment, but by those who wish to influence us with the constant and controlled negativity.

The end goal of this is so that it drive humanity as a whole into such a state of depression that we should just give in and submit and why bother fighting it.

With all the negativity I have witnessed and lived through and beaten, I say no, I will not give up and I will not submit even one iota of my humanity to these treacherous traitors to humanity, the powers that be, they want easy, submissive, and compliant slaves, and I for one will not fit that mold and I intend to break it if they try to force me into it.

eMachine, I think you would like this thread of mine, possibly.

Are You "Right-Wing Fringe", or "Left-Wing Fringe" and How Will They Push You

[edit on 25-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I view a transgenic culture as being the culture of the individual... free to define the boundaries of ones self genetically, mentally and spiritually.

I, as well as many others, want a great flowering of intelligent life; a post-cambrian explosion of new forms and faces of humanity.

I'd prefer this to happen alongside the robotics and computing revolutions, otherwise our options will be cold, sterile ones... devoid of spirit and soul, for in materialism there isn't such a thing.

I do believe there is an ephemeral something which exists within each one of us... and I am uncertain, aye, even uncomfortable with the thought that a machine emulated me would be no different. Even I cling to the strange notion of there being... well, a spirit, a soul.

And in the face of that, I'd prefer to be able to change my biology into whatever I like.... rather than just rely upon an immortal existence via surrogates.

((By the by, Surrogates, the new Bruce Willis movie... looks to be interesting)).

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Alice

There are plenty of men who like smart women, I'm one. But nobody likes having another persons intellectual superiority crammed down their throat. If you're all that smart you should realize that men's ego's are sometimes sensitive. Just tread lightly until you find the guy who enjoys a little competition from his mate. He's out there.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As to the OP I have a couple of points to make. First of all gender pertains to words, words have a gender, people have a sex. Our language has been intentionally preempted to steer our thinking towards this kind of dystopia that’s being discussed. Transhuman? Why in the world would I want to be anything other than a human being, and just who is it that seeks to take my humanity away, and for what purpose? Postgender? This really means post-sex, and who wants that? Depopulation anyone? Yes, those of us with bit to spare in the sexuality department will always have a tougher go of it than the majority, but even someone with as multifaceted a sexuality as I can see that a heterosexual majority is necessary to the health and vitality of our species. Dimorphism is for worms.

If you’re different in your sexuality then you know how painful it can be to have others try to force you to conform to their norm. Why would you ever do that to another person? Just accept that you’re outside of the majority and that you’re going to have both trials and beautiful experiences because of it. Be who you are and let others be who they are.

Resistance is NOT futile. I will NEVER be assimilated.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

What most people do not realize is that technology is littered our in the mainstream as science fiction when the technology is being developed or even after it has been developed in order to indoctrinate and inculcate the mass populace into seeing it in the future tense as long term before it comes into fruition, but in reality people are being mislead purposely because it is literally around the corner and will be knocking on their door a lot sooner than they are comfortable with. A few examples from the not too distant past are necessary in order to show the procedure from past to present before I go back to the future of the relative present of tomorrow.
Gene Roddenberry of Star Trek fame was a visionary in his exploration of space with James T. Kirk, Spock, and Bones traveling when no man had gone before but what most people miss being right in front of their very noses is the technology that he influenced. No, I am not referencing the photon torpedo or the warp drive systems coming online, yet, although the Hadron Collider sure seems a potential for being the latter, I am however speaking of instead Kirk’s communicator that he flips open, which sure is reminiscent of your current and modern flip-phone, as well as even the bridge doors to the U.S.S. Enterprise which open without pushing a button reminding one of the electronic eye which opens when you walk into the senior citizen greeter of Wal-Mart.

Mere coincidence? I think not.

I could rattle of continuous examples of sci-fi becoming reality from the rather corny cult classic as well as numerous other television shows, movies, or even comic books, but that is rather unnecessary as well as I want to come back to transhumanism, postgenderism, and since I brought it up in an earlier post, cloning. I brought up my avatar, from the video game for a reason, not because of the youth frothing at the mouth on the X-Box and then continued on the X-Box 360, but because of the description within the science fiction books (that very few youth apparently know exists) that describe in detail the processes your thread so lightly touches on, albeit where I delved even deeper into the potential for it being a lot closer to reality.

In the book Halo : The Fall of Reach the author Eric Nylund delves into the future setting (500 years or so from now) with the prequel to the video game (the book about the actual game is Halo : The Flood) which started the gamer revolution. The prologue of the book introduces us to the character Spartan 117, the Master Chief, and his fellow Spartan’s in a dire and heroic battle against 1,000 Grunts. The first chapter and onward however is where it delves into the scary potential for reality based future where a scientist connected to military intelligence working for the U.N.S.C., United Nations Space Command, along with a Navy officer approach youth that have been pre-selected and pre-determined to fit a certain profile of genetic markers for the perfect launch platform for a super soldier program, the problem herein lies with how they “recruit” these youth however.

It is not through the a simple matter of discussing with each child’s parents, both male and female, that are “selected”, but in that they snatch and conscripted all the children around age seven and blame it on insurrectionists selling false propaganda to their parents. This is where the “transhumanism” comes into play here within this book series. After being flash-cloned, these youth are subjected to “alterations” where they are in essence “upgraded”. The clones, the fakes of the original children are then returned to unsuspecting parents, while the original children are put through Navy Boot Camp. After eight years of rigid military training, they were conscripted at age seven and are now approximately fifteen or so, they receive “augmentation” through the following “modifications” or “upgrades” as the terms would be used :

1) Carbide Ceramic Ossification : Advanced material grafting onto skeletal structures to make bones virtually indestructible.

2) Muscular Enhancement Injections : Protein complex is injected intramuscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactase recovery time.

3) Catalytic Thyroid Implant : Platinum pellet containing growth hormone catalyst (steroids and vitamins) is implanted in the thyroid to boost growth of skeletal and muscular tissues.

4) Occipital Capillary Reversal : Submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rod and cones of subjects retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase.

5) Superconducting Fibrication of Neural Dendrites : Alteration of bioelectrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction . Three hundred percent increase of subject reflexes.

This sure sounds to me like “transhumanism”, but wait, there’s more.
Later on there is a procedure where the main character has inserted into the back of his head what they refer to as a neural interface, in essence being able to “jack-in” to receive information like Johnny Mneunonic or Neo from The Matrix, albeit in this instance in the book he receives an A.I., or Artificial Intelligence, which takes up residence within his brain, basically making him “wet-wired”, the A.I. is able to communicate with him and enhance the Mjolnir Armor, but not control him or it completely.
As “sci-fi” as this sounds, it is a lot closer to reality than most people think and is being tested in many civilian applications and implemented in various stages and degrees, usually under the guise of assisting the handicapped, but as we all know the military is lurking nearby to reap the rewards of this type of study.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

eMachine, I found this video interesting.

Outside the Box #90 (Transhumanism Special with guest Tom Horn)

Google Video Link

It's about an hour long.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join