It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had Enough? Citizen Uprising Takes Hold!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Now...look! These peaceful protesters are being arrested!

If we do not make a stand right now...do you see the writing on the wall?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
They've been wiping their a**es with our Constitution, and the American people seem to finally be waking up to that fact.

It's SO funny to me that you think that, here's a thread you may want to read all the way through...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The "American people" (i.e. right wing cowards) LOVE to see the constitution used as toilet paper when it negatively affects people they hate. I'm actually enjoying watching them squirm right now, but only on a personal level, in reality i don't agree with ANY overlooking of our constitution, for ANY reason.

Also, those emails aren't "letting people know what's going on", not one little bit. It's complete misinformation meant to scare the hell out of old people to get them to behave in an intended manner. Old people who depend on the government to live are VERY easy to manipulate.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by srslyguyz

Here is what to think.

Get rid of our offensive portion of our military (that is the majority of it) and go to a REAL defensive military. The military is there to project the power of American corporations not for protecting us. Its for lining the pockets of the rich...its a scam.

If people would understand military strategy they would realize we could cut about $400 billion dollars a year from our military and still be just as safe. ore than likely we would be more safe because we wouldnt be placing dictators so corporations can be run dirt cheap overseas.

We could have free healthcare and college for EVERYONE.

What a retarded nation we are becoming.

The reason healthcare is so expensive is because the system has to cover those that cannot afford healthcare. If it was free the cost would drop.

All that money we use to prop up our overseas corporate interests will pay for it. Another dividend is that without OUR tax dollars being used to prop up these dictators so our corporations can bleed our jobs overseas they will come back.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I see many responses saying, "Why Healthcare, why not the Fed, Bilderbergs, war, etc.?"

I say it doesn' matter which straw breaks the camel's back!! People are fed up with not being REPRESENTED by our elected officials. Our Congressman Allen Boyd received calls and emails 50:1 against the bailout, yet he voted for it anyway!

Being shut out of townhall meetings because you disagree? Being kicked out of an elected officials office, that we bought and paid for, that we pay the salary on, is RIDICULOUS!!

More and more headlines and threads have this subject, and I fear/hope that it is a snowball effect!! Whatever gets our citizens awake and active is great.

I am for a National Healthcare Plan as well. But I don't like this bill, I don't like hearing the Reps haven't read it. I don't like it being "forced" through. I don't like the Fed. I don't like the erosion of our rights. I don't like police brutality. I don't like bailout money. I don't like large corporations. I don't like apologizing around the world. I don't like using restraint in battle, and subsequently losing more American lives for it. I don't like interfering where we are not wanted. I don't like National Guard troops guarding some other Nation. I don't like cover-ups. I don't like redacted documents. I don't like the press covering politicians sex lives instead of their voting records and finances. I don't like hearing more about Michael Jackson than Medvedev or Netanyahu. I don't like trading American cash and goodies for two of Al Gores employees that violated another country's laws.

I could go on and on and on, but the point is, I don't care which straw gets the nation united! I am on board!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I don't care which straw gets the nation united! I am on board!

This nation is not even close to united. Far from it, thanks to the divide and conquer tactics both parties have used SO effectively for so long. We're a nation bitterly divided by the scam called the two party system, and it was a breeze to conquer us completely.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I still haven't decided whether the administration and congress are just completely clueless as to how mad the American public is, or do they know, and they are just demonizing us with these ridiculous accusations of staged outrage.
Either way, one thing is crystal clear. They are not representing the people, and are working AGAINST the common good. I have come to the conclusion that they are no different from the government that ran the USSR during the cold war. They've adapted virtually all of the tactics of a complete dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

I don't care which straw gets the nation united! I am on board!

This nation is not even close to united. Far from it, thanks to the divide and conquer tactics both parties have used SO effectively for so long. We're a nation bitterly divided by the scam called the two party system, and it was a breeze to conquer us completely.

This is the closest we have come to uniting since WWII, and I think it is spreading fast! To truly unite, you need a common enemy. It used to be Hitler, then the USSR, and not it is our own bloated Federal Government and ridiculous MSM!

The two party system was certainly a genius tactic, but it is dead now. That is why MSM has switched to Conservative vs. Liberal. Demo vs. Rep wasn't working any more.

Now, when people realize that taking care of the environment, and equal rights, and fiscal responsibility are common issues between Conservative and Liberal, we will realize that we all agree on the core issues, and that our true enemy is the False Messenger! Semantics will not be enough to keep the country divided. Their strategy is failing fast!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

This is truly outrageous!

Yes it is, and for any forum member to find any excuse for this type of behavior is beyond me.
We forum members here are well informed,
We need to be of one mind.

People keep adding me to their FOE list,
Why?

Stand by ME.

What would it take for people to come together, put aside politics for a moment.

If you see an old women being bullied at a town hall, would you reach out your hand regardless of your political affiliation?

Or help knock her down?

We are all in this together people, it might be ME today, but it will be you tomorrow.

Wake up.

[edit on 023131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

You can say that this is a matter of political alignment all that you want,
but for anybody looking at it with even the slightest HINT of objectivity...it is clearly not so.

And if you want to talk about misinformation, we should REALLY be talking
about the administrations and the representatives that we've had over the past
century. Internet, television, and hard copy media sources are all biased in some way or another. They ALL play on people's fears and hopes and dreams. Big freakin' deal.

Keep the typical rhetoric coming, as i'm sure you're impressing a LOT of people right now.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Their strategy is failing fast!

No, it really isn't. Read the thread I linked above, it's a prime example of how the division is alive and well. It's ridiculously easy for TPTB to turn americans against other americans, and support the removal of their rights over very slight differences. It's really astounding and has severely drained my hope of a new day in this country.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by srslyguyz

We could have free healthcare and college for EVERYONE.

If it was free the cost would drop.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by LoneGunMan]

Uh, how is it free if we have to pay for it?

Econ 101 might be a good idea.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Video here of the Union Thugs last night beating a peaceful protester!

[edit on 7-8-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Perhaps you should keep your crappy attitude to yourself than?
Just because you've given up hope doesn't mean that the rest of us
are going to allow ourselves to become completed jaded and cynical.
Unless you are adding to the thread to be constructive in SOME way shape or form, take a hike man.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
Keep the typical rhetoric coming, as i'm sure you're impressing a LOT of people right now.

What typical rhetoric are you referring to? What is typical, is your response to me as if i'm some 'left winger' who supports this reform before you have the slightest clue. I will probably be more negatively affected if this reform passes, as far as my job goes, then ANYBODY else on this thread. Trust me on that.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Video here of the Union Thugs last night beating a peaceful protester!

Link is broke

fix it please(2nd)

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

It's SO funny to me that you think that, here's a thread you may want to read all the way through...

Isn't that your thread where the border patrol busted you for dope?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

If you clicked on it, then you would have had your answer without posting a "question" you already knew the answer to. The point of the thread is the abuse of everybody's constitutional rights, but thanks for making my point for me so nicely.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Ah hahahahah!

That sure was his thread.
Let's see, drug dogs at a border patrol checkpoint. -->Sounds very appropriate.
Find drugs. --> Good.
Give citation and release. -->Very generous.
Then he whines about his rights being violated and them overstepping their authority?

Now, he is telling us that the citizens are not uniting, and that the "man" is winning. I understand his point of view so much better now, and I will be utilizing my "Ignore" feature!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

And thank you for making my point too. You right wing hypocrites certainly don't disappoint. It's okay to take the other guy's rights away.

You're all about as "American" as Adolf Hitler. I'm glad Obama is going to put you all out to pasture, lol....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join