It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had Enough? Citizen Uprising Takes Hold!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You said it all!!!!

When is the last time you heard a Walmart ad that was only political?
They have been playing them here in Kansas.
They are trying to tell people that 97% of their employees have health care benefits, and yet they strongly support it.
Why would that be?
The answer is obvious, because they will dump it all on a Govt system.
It is cheaper for companies in the short run on empty promises.

When it's turned around to a one payer, those same companies will get slapped up for it. duhhh.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Its a crock.

The whole thing is coordinated by the GOP and their allies...the same people who orchestrated the "spontanous" tea parties.

The right has begun resorting to politics via mobs...if this doesn't disturb you nothing will.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I don't know all the details about this, so I can't comment too much.

Why are people (and when I say "People", I of course mean middle-class, white folks) protesting adequate and fair medical treatment for all.

Wow, what a racist!

Go play that card on another board. No room for that here.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Its a crock.

The whole thing is coordinated by the GOP and their allies...the same people who orchestrated the "spontanous" tea parties.

The right has begun resorting to politics via mobs...if this doesn't disturb you nothing will.

Well your just dead wrong. What, are we suppose to sit back and let the Apollo Alliance and Obama fix everything just neato for us.

Whatever................

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Its a crock.

My retired in-laws are pissed off. They are Dems. and were tricked into voting for Obama. I can assure you that no one from the GOP has contacted them.

Why in the hell is the DNC running this ad?? Coordinated effort?? I haven't seen any GOP ads telling people to protest.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
First the idea of nationalized Health Care is a good one, everybody has health care. Great idea. Like Communisim (in which everybody is equal) is it a great IDEA but wont work in real life.

Let me ask the supports of this bill something- When has the GOV run a program that worked out? What have they done to earn your trust that they are smart enough to make this work IN THE REAL WORLD, not just work on paper.

I have worked in the Gov and let me tell you the amount of wasted money is insane and this while a good idea, it will turn out like all other Gov programs.

But I hope it works out as I do not have Health Care at the moment.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This is no "citizen" uprising. This rude behavior is well orchestrated by the neocons in union with corporate America (and especially the health insurance giants). Err, by the way you hypocrites, just say no medicare when your time rolls around (and any other 'social' help that may come your way). Hypocrites!

[edit on 7-8-2009 by whatsup]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I think you can safely say that the "Citizen Uprizing Takes Hold!" when you see this accross major US cities...

www.youtube.com...

L.A was a start

Trouble is, things have to be terrible for almost everyone to get real change through an "uprising."

The French did it.....

PEACE,
RK

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The only problem with all this is TPTB want the people to rise up and riot in the streets. Then they can send in the black uniformed security forces and take away the last of our rights. So you folks look at it as a good thing, I on the other hand see it as a bad thing. TPTB are doing it once again. Divide & Conquor. The washington two step.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I wonder how many of those people protesting already have health insurance? I bet the majority of them do. As for myself a small business owner, I don't. Why? Well as a single adult of 34 years of age I cannot afford it....... After taxes, utilites, INSURANCE,mortgage, I myself am strapped for cash every month.

So yeah keep on protesting about health care reform while average middle/lower class Americans struggle to get by without it.

BTW I cracked my head open a few months ago. Went to the ER and had 2 staples put in. All in all about 5-10 min work.( meanwhile I sat for almost 1.5 hours waiting) Guess how much a simple ER visit for 2 staples and a shot cost. $575.00 Talk about highway robbery, I still have yet to pay the bill as all I can afford to send them is 50.00 a month.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
This is no "citizen" uprising. This rude behavior is well orchestrated by the neocons in union with corporate America (and especially the health insurance giants). Err, by the way you hypocrites, just say no medicare when your time rolls around (and any other 'social' help that may come your way). Hypocrites!

They have yet to fix the problems with our current systems. They would rather just throw more s&#@ onto the fire than deal with the current problems.

Baby steps folks. You have to crawl before you can walk. Obama would rather railroad his agenda into place and worry about the other stuff later. Our current systems are broke. They are full of fraud and corruption. This new system will be no different. Those who currently abuse the system will just keep at it and the bureaucracy behind it will be so large that they will never weed out the abusers.

Fixing our system has to be a multifaceted process. Obama wants the nation to think that he has the solutions for everything. Unfortunately, for many under his proposed system it will be the final solution.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegear
First the idea of nationalized Health Care is a good one, everybody has health care. Great idea. Like Communisim (in which everybody is equal) is it a great IDEA but wont work in real life.

Let me ask the supports of this bill something- When has the GOV run a program that worked out? What have they done to earn your trust that they are smart enough to make this work IN THE REAL WORLD, not just work on paper.

I have worked in the Gov and let me tell you the amount of wasted money is insane and this while a good idea, it will turn out like all other Gov programs.

But I hope it works out as I do not have Health Care at the moment.

Don't bet on it. Anybody that has really been paying attention to the points of this program should know that 27 million will not get healthcare with this. WAKE UP! Read! Pay attention!

I guess if your an illegal your ok, but there will be a chunk of lower middle class that will be S.O.L.

Everyone wants health care. They can do lots of things to help the system that is there now. If we push them to go back to the table and work on what is there, they can cover everyone within a short time.
Without having to give up options.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwatcher

Call the hospital up and set up a payment plan. Tell them all you can afford is 50 bucks a month, and I am 100% positive they will let you do that. They aren't going to turn down the money, work with them and they will work with you.

Don't play the woes as me attitude and throw the bill aside, call them up and work out a payment plan. They will work with you.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by whatsup

They have yet to fix the problems with our current systems. They would rather just throw more s&#@ onto the fire than deal with the current problems.

Baby steps folks. You have to crawl before you can walk. Obama would rather railroad his agenda into place and worry about the other stuff later. Our current systems are broke. They are full of fraud and corruption. This new system will be no different. Those who currently abuse the system will just keep at it and the bureaucracy behind it will be so large that they will never weed out the abusers.

Fixing our system has to be a multifaceted process. Obama wants the nation to think that he has the solutions for everything. Unfortunately, for many under his proposed system it will be the final solution.

That last part there is pretty good, Final solution bit and all, I got a good chuckle.

What will stop big corps from just dumping their health care on the Gov? It will save them money?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This thread is not all about Healthcare. Some of you might want it to be that way, but our country is being high jacked before our eyes.

You better be afraid, very afraid!

If you think this Admin. is different than the one before, you better pull off the blinders and quit smoking what ever it is you are smoking.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This is ridiculous!

My grandmother is a life long dem. She voted for Obama. She disagrees with what Obama is doing. She went to a town hall meeting on her own volition. She has nothing to do with GOP, or some "mob mentality". She does not even have internet.

What in the world is wrong with organizing for a protest anyway?? NOTHING. I did it against the Bush admin. We organized, we got together and formed plans. But when the right does it, then they are evil.

I'm so tired of the hypocrisy. These people have a right to organize and protest. They have a right, and they are being portrayed as rabid, evil, and mobbing. Hello? Vietnam protests ring a bell?

Regardless of what anyone says it is NOT UNAmerican to protest. It is our right to express dissent. It is the mark of patriotism.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
There are three boxes that we can use and an order in which they are used. Can someone please let our "representatives" know about them?

For review they are:

1. The soap box.

2. The ballot box.

3. The ammo box.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Nicely said! Thank You!
The double standard regarding the freedom to assemble in this country should not be tolerated by anyone.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I meant to expound upon that earlier.

You know it isn't all about health care, it is the fact that health care is an issue that we all understand and it effects all of us.

It's just after having all these bills shoved down out throats for a long time now people are fed up with it.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Citizen uprising is called "elections." Enough BS please! Anarchy never worked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join