It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women coming close to equaling men in drinking, DUIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Women coming close to equaling men in drinking, DUIS

news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK – It seemed too horrendous even to imagine. But the case of the mother who caused a deadly wrong-way crash while drunk and stoned is part of a disturbing trend: Women in the U.S. are drinking more, and drunken-driving arrests among women are rising rapidly while falling among men.

And some of those women, as in the New York case, are getting behind the wheel with kids in the back.

Men still drink more than women and are responsible for more drunken-driving cases. But the gap is narrowing, and among the reasons cited are that women are feeling greater pressures at work and home
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The interesting thing about this, is that an element of the feminist movement is actually chauvinistically oriented, and trends like this show this.

The equaling in gender roles has not moderated the differences, but instead has made women act more like men. The early 21st century male is probably a bit more effeminate than the 20th century male, but not by much.

Personally, I think both sexes could use a little bit more of the opposite, but the trend seems to be about making women more masculine and keeping men the same.

We are seeing the rise of the "female a-hole". That sounds kinda harsh I know, but what I mean is we are seeing more and more cases of women doing the same kind of crimes men do. Not saying men have any more "right" to of course, but I think the focus should be to reduce crime in general, not just to make men and women equally nasty.

So yeah, I don't think the 2000s is any more woman-friendly than any time in the past (aside from maybe the Victorian era, lol). It's not like women are truly respected any more, in fact they are probably respected even less. I mean God, look at today's role models for women - Britney Spears, Leighton Meester, cmon.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
[edit on 6-8-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
We've had this supposed trend in the UK for years now - I suppose it's true, but I kinda grew up in drinking comps with girls - Although the guys did tend to out drink on quantity the girls kept up with the whole stupid actions theme

One thing I have noticed about girls getting far too drunk is the vulnerability issue... An average looking bloke will likely at worst get a few punches and decide to go home, or sleep somewhere.

A woman, well that's a different issue (generally speaking of course)... So then the girls try to stick together more - sometimes they are smart enough to have a couple of sensible people in the group, usually not... Now as I have found out personally be very careful if you come across a group of drunk women, espically if your on your own!!! You get sucked in by the fun time - one small thing happend and TS really HTF!!!
Drunk women are only fun when things are going well

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hahahaha .... it seems that the lady/princess is a dying breed.

which is kinda a shame because i like a chick that isn't "one of the boys"

top topics

join