It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Hunts For The Missing Thunderbird Picture

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It is my opinion that all cryptid creatures we are seeing once existed....Furthermore they are recreated by intelligent beings who visited the earth during the time the creatures lived. Intelligent beings that have returned, whose faces are visible in the trees. The bird disappear into the trees until needed again. It is the only explanation that is consistant and explains what is happening in the world around us.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I wanted to add (for the sake of evidence searching) that I remember seeing a documentary a while back (I think it was more than a decade ago) re: the Thunderbird. Anyway there was a lot of convincing footage (some taken by the researcher himself) that looked amazing! Anyway the photo in question was included in the documentary. I know I've seen it before.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I have searched high and low...and everywhere in between for this image. The web, bookstores, the library...It's just not out there...I hate to call it a loss, but it's sure seeming that way...come on now, someone bring it forward.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
where there is smoke there is fire and in this case we have allot of smoke.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
where there is smoke there is fire and in this case we have allot of smoke.

Yeah and it's all over the place. I know I've seen it before and plus after looking around for it for a few hours I noticed we aren't the only ones looking for it. Basically everyone is trying to track it down all across the internet. Every single crypto site I found is searching for this darn thing.

That means we have to find it first here on ATS! Show them competitors who the pros are! I'm going to go to the library after work and see if I can find the book / books that also contain the photo.

ATS Hug anyone?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I honestly think if this photograph existed, the most likely place for it to have been published would be a magazine or newspaper - especially since that's where the vast majority of people who have seen it say they did.

So the only way to find it would be to search through archives of every possible or plausible publication.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
another sighting

naturalplane.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The thing that gets me about this is that I have researched paranormal phenomena since I could read....maybe before.
So that gives me about 40 plus years of amateur study.
As I said in the original post, I remember seeing the picture in an old Argosy magazine my uncle had given to my brother.
What strikes me as weird is that in 40 plus years I have not run across it again.

This all stirred up for me when I got on the internet in 1995 (yes I was late....LOL) and on a message board, read about someone seeing that picture.
Now I didn't have any prompting, I already "knew" I had seen it.
So either this was the mother of all mind control techniques, or I really had seen it.

I too looked for it in a variety of places.
Nothing.
Now I find others that say they saw it too.
And they cant find it either.
I think frustrating would be a good word and I swear I have even considered trying hypnosis to take me back to that place in my mind and hopefully recall exactly where and when I saw the picture.

Is that too obsessive?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
www.cryptomundo.com...

havent seen this one before

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Something in this picture remind me a movie

....uhm....

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Briles

1. That image hardly matches the description in terms of object placement.
2. It's a modern photograph, also unlikely for the time period when it was first seen, and also does not match the color description.
3. I think that is my boyfriend, Loren Coleman.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'll post my 2 cents in here:

When I first got into cryptos at the age of around 8 (21 now) I remember I got real excited whenever I found a new book about them at my local library. I specifically remember a set of 2 books (1 about UFOs and aliens, the other about cryptos) that seemed to be from the early 80s. The thunderbird picture I remember is most like the recreation drawings of the men holding it upside down. I'll go sign up for a new library card and look for that book again.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I know I saw that darn picture when I was a young lad . I was sucking on a raspberry tootsie roll pop in a public library in the town of new river North Carolina. I had a stack of other books and magazines on the table and all were dated before 1962. I keep thinking it was some kind of book on eagles/ hawks. I was looking for pictures and info on big birds, cause I found a giant nest on top of a giant tree deep in the woods and it was so big I could lay in it. I took my older brother to the nest and pointed up at it and said. "what do you think?", he turned around and ran all the way home with me following him.

In any case, I know it isn't in Argosy magazine, cause I had the complete collection from 66 until it stopped publishing. It had to either be in a bird book of some kind (and maybe copied from that to a magazine article in some short lasting publication with a low print run..?) or it just doesn't exist because I did a really good search on it way back when that article in 'strange magazine started the inquiry again and also John Keel. I think I might have been looking for it even before then.

You know what I think. .I think its some kind of elaborate 'inside joke' something along the lines of 'the amazing kreskin' or some mentalist came up with just to see what would happen.

I just don't think such a picture exist anymore. Even though I remember seeing it (in my mind).

[edit on 24-8-2009 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Thank you for your input.

Very interesting...

DarkDude, I was recently in the hospital and while I was in a hyperbaric chamber (of all things) I thought to myself "Well, golly, maybe everyone is really just thinking of the drawing recreation..."

It's possible. I wouldn't throw statistics around, though.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

hahaha yeah i know its not the one were looking for, it was on about page 127 of google images :-)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

You know what I think. .I think its some kind of elaborate 'inside joke' something along the lines of 'the amazing kreskin' or some mentalist came up with just to see what would happen.

That's what I'm thinking. I don't remember where, but a few years ago on some other forum I have long since stopped posting on, we had this very same discussion. Never did find it.

I can say that if it is out there, it's not from a magazine. I'm 26 and have been interested in cryptids since the age of 4 but never once have read a magazine about anything paranormal. Up until 1999 or 2000 it was all books. After that internet.

I do believe if I did see it it was in a book that was in our "weird" section of the library when I was in 1st grade. I think it was a relatively thin white book with a Sasquatch on the cover.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

I'm going to try and find that book. Any help would be appreciated, as always.

Edit- Searching for books before 1980, does that sound right?

Some possibilities so far:
www.amazon.co.uk...

/mdn7zo

/mv5gej

/mg4fg2

Just some guesses. I tinyurled some of the links because they were breaking up. Umm... maybe it's from a fiction book like Hardy Boys or something?

[edit on 8/26/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

There is a chance it is the book in the second link. I'll stop at the library on my way home from work and see if I can find it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

You are very helpful!

Thank you!!! Let us know what you find out. I just did a quick search, really, I had no clue what to look for so I took some wild guesses.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't know if it's worth posting or not but there is a piece of artwork that seems to be a representation of the picture. It's not the actual photo but I don't think I've seen it on this thread, so I'm posting it anyway.

the website is here.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join