It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Hunts For The Missing Thunderbird Picture

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I've just scoured over 520,000 images (using CoolIris - check it out if you aren't aware of it) archived on Google and I've come to the conclusion that IF this photo really exists - it's been removed from the internet or had any individual text pertaining to "pterosaur", "thunderbird", "1890", or "barn" removed from the page on which it resides.

Good luck on the hunt. I'm spent for the day.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Thank you so much! I had just used regular Google Images search when I looked yesterday, I wasn't sure how to search through archived images.

Man, that's so weird. But thank you so much for looking through all of those pictures!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Woah, everyone, thank you so much for replying!!! I'm going to go through and reply in as few posts as possible as to not overload the thread.

Members who have seen it- Would you mind if I included your names in the OP?

I think that what I will do is post the images that it is NOT in the OP.

Danny- It's never a wild goose chase. The chase is the best part.

Foof- That's not a dead lead. It just means we've narrowed down a place that it isn't at. The videos sound good, though. Make some popcorn and have a party.

Scrabby- Look at all these people having false memories about this picture, then. That's crazy. Not necessarily impossible, but really out-there.

Lord Bucket- I think I know the picture that you mean. I will put it in the OP soon. (Oh, wait, just saw that you found the picture I was thinking of :up

damon- Thank you! I will throw some of those up in the OP so we know that is what we aren't looking for. But good searching

Nostra- Many of the descriptions sound very similar in the report that I read. And memories do change over time. But you make a good point.

ablue- Thank you for letting us know that you saw it, too.

Red-eye- There are a few sketches roaming around of the supposed photograph. It's possible that everyone just saw a sketch. But I don't know.

blup- Amazing as always. That one is part of the article from Strange Mag and is apparently a recreation of the original, as well. I think it's featured in Strange Mag 22 or 23. I need $10 to get them both. They did email me back though and have been very helpful.

Chris- Thank you!

Rossa- It would be helpful if you added which photo you are referring to, as many members including myself have been through all the Google Image Search results to no avail.

Curio- Thank you!! Haha, in his/her defense, I did say that reading the entire thread was unnecessary. That's why I think adding the not-pictures to the OP will help. I will say "You don't have to read the whole thread, but you do have to read the whole OP"

Afterthought- Does it talk about the Epitaph photo or is it the same as what I wrote to Gemwolf that I quoted in the OP? About the French workmen? If it's about the Epitaph photo now that would be something.

mblah- Let us know what your grandpa says! I also don't think that libraries would just ditch books, either. Maybe I should go check out the Library...

Missing- Aw, Thank You! I don't think I've ever been complimented on a thread TITLE before. Thunderbirds are fascinating, which kind of adds to the whole subconscious group memory idea.

Lucent- Thank you for uploading those! That is exactly what my book looks like, except it has a different cover.

Afterthought- I'm getting a slight suspicion that Kim believed it was the same incident because it talks about a pterodactyl, but was wrong. Because I think this incident is completely different from the one we are interested in. It seems to have taken place in France, when I believe we are looking for an incident in Tombstone. But finding that original article may be a step in the right direction. The time period is right, just the location is wrong. Funny, though, how many of us own the same book.

woodward- History class? You wouldn't remember what textbook you had, do you? (I'd love to have been in your history class...)

Tamusan- There are some threads on that topic in this forum. If you U2U me I can help you find them.

After and Lucent- My copy is blue with silver embossment and no other colors on the cover. Weird.

Egoodie- Awesome! We can use all the help we can get.

Prof- Thank you for the help, but those, too, are the incorrect images. I will edit my OP to make it easier to find what we are looking for.

Zoo- It's possible but it looks like that's what the author of the Strange Mag article tried to do. He found the article, but no pictures, and tons of people got defensive.

jkrog- Right, and that would be easiest if someone lived in the Midwest with a lot of time on their hands.

Rogue- Nope, still the wrong ones. Those are hoax pictures. Await the editing of the OP.

mic- Exactly

Alien- Nope. Thank you, though.

NeoAstra- Thank you for paying attention

_damon- I'm not a linguist... Hm. Why would it be on a P2P, though, if it's not on the internet at all?

eyes- Never say never =)

ALRIGHT! Going to add the not-images to the OP now.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
From looking around at discussions about this, it seem as is the photo just vanished.,,there are only illustrations of the photo.

Although the original is in a book somewhere.... that nobody will just buy?

I dunno man.... it's hurting my head now

Good luck anyway

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Its funny I recall seeing this photo as well. From where I don't remember. I can recall it fairly vividly and the re-creations I have seen thus far with the bird nailed to the barn are defiantly not what I recall seeing. I remember a much more detailed and defined picture. It seems that I saw the picture late 80's and early 90's. I know this doesn't help the research much but another story of remembering the picture. If nothing else will be in the back of my brain pan trying to remember where I saw it at.

*edit for fat fingers

[edit on 7-8-2009 by drift393]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
heres some great pics of the bird, as well as every other pic/drawing/hoax of the thunderbird that we've managed to round up. all in one place.
www.unknownexplorers.com...

Also.... has anyone tried filesharing programs like Ares/Limewire etc, and done a photo search for this? just an idea.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
blup- Thank you!

drift- Totally weird.

Mr. Swell- Haha, awesome. I love how you posted that just as I added all the pictures that it isn't to my OP. I think someone was going to look in a P2P using Thunderbird as a search in different languages? It's worth a try, but I don't use any file sharing networks so I couldn't look there.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

haha. excellent timing.

well i dont use any filesharing programs either.... but if i did, then i would hypothetically run some searches on both limewire and ares when i get home.
any other bases we havent covered yet?

EDIT: found a mention of a 30 foot bird fossil from this link:
s8int.com...
its about halfway down.
"and a bird with an estimated 30-foot wingspan are also represented."
not sure about the credibility, or if this has anything to do with the discussion at hand, but am gonna share it anyway.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Mr. Swell]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Swell

Um. More Google Book searches? And we just wait for some more leads.

And if someone has $10 and wants to buy the last two issues of Strange Mag, 22 and 23... it's unfinished but it might give us more clues. If no one else wants to, I can probably do it later.

Edit- Aw well thanks! That is really cool

[edit on 8/7/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Raven- In your first post, you include several photos of *supposebly* hoaxes, but I wanted to know, the first of those pictures, is really intriguing me....are you sure it's a hoax? it's an incredible picture....

Also, I'm hunting for the "This is America" VHS, or some call it "Jabberwalk" VHS, it can be bought on Amazon for 50$ but well, it's rather costly for a 1973 VHS....so I want videos off the internet or anything, you can help me here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Deep Thoughts

I don't know about the VHS but I will look into it.

Yeah, I think it's a hoax. Um. I can't find where I found that out, though, so I could be wrong.

I will look around?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Thanks, no need to look about the pic I wanted to know about....I just wanted a bit of info about it....you have enough of research to do now with the true photo...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

i104.photobucket.com...

There you go. It's a start, at least. I have my reservations about C2C but I will withhold my statements.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

i104.photobucket.com...

There you go. It's a start, at least. I have my reservations about C2C but I will withhold my statements.

Great, thank you...

Its wings amazes me!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
_damon- I'm not a linguist... Hm. Why would it be on a P2P, though, if it's not on the internet at all?

There are a lot of unexpected infos on p2p, if it has been deleted on the known internet, it is harder to remove it from p2p. I found some hollow earth pics on p2p i couldnt find on websites. Plus, there is the deep internet that could help us.

But what do you expect from that picture? It is only a picture. What will it change of we find it?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

IF... we find the picture

We will....

Be renowned around the internet for our research acuity.
Need to analyze the picture, and possibly send it to experts, but it may prove the existence of a cryptid.
Have filled in a little missing piece of history.

And Raven will be REALLY REALLY HAPPY for ages.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Also, we could sell the picture, and give the money to ATS!

What a great idea!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Well if we find it I don't think that means that we'd automatically get the rights to it.

Unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I think we should start saving on our computers incredible stuff like the Sasquatch footage, and all kind of stuff before it all mysteriously disappears.....

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

jkrog- Right, and that would be easiest if someone lived in the Midwest with a lot of time on their hands.

Midwest or southwest? I agree although I know no one that would do it in either the midwest or southwest.

I was thinking along the lines of an internet database search, since even a Google or whatever search engine search would not be able to find certain archives that far back, plus some may be password protected (which search engines can not get into). I am going to try this route, I will let you know what I find.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join