It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

penumbral lunar eclipse aug 6th 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hey to all you European, African and south-american people,

If you happen to have clear skies tonight try watching the penumbral lunar eclipse...

NASA pdf on penumbral lunar eclipse aug 6th 2009

The eclipse will be completely visible over Africa and Europe and South America. It could be seen rising over eastern North America and setting over Asia.

The lunar year series repeats after 12 lunations or 354 days (Shifting back about 10 days in sequential years). Because of the date shift, the earth's shadow will be about 11 degrees west in sequential events.

It's difficult to spot but if you don't see it you can always check the prelude of the aug. 12 Perseids swinging by.

Happy viewing!!!!

Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What...no catastrophic predictions of earthquakes, tsunamis, the moon 'igniting' into another sun or flat out being sucked in by the earth's gravitational pull and killing us all?!?!?

Pfft....I demand a refund!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

shooting stars...eclipse, blah blah...

Your signature is trippy! lol

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

Yeah, kinda disapointing isn't it??

Just some beatiful cosmic event without any pending doom, i don't know what i was thinking...

I love reading your replies man!!! Keep up the good work

Peace and respect

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

I love reading your replies man!!! Keep up the good work

Peace and respect

Thanks man, go kick me some sympathy flags then.
I was in the negative hundreds of ATS pts at one point, due to a warning received when I called QA a 'worthless piece of human trash' or something along those lines...

Then my very first thread (where 3 of my flags came from) got removed very quickly because it was an article on that 'no-no' plant which we're not allowed to converse about on ATS...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Hey to all you European, African and south-american people,

If you happen to have clear skies tonight try watching the penumbral lunar eclipse...

NASA pdf on penumbral lunar eclipse aug 6th 2009

The eclipse will be completely visible over Africa and Europe and South America. It could be seen rising over eastern North America and setting over Asia.

The lunar year series repeats after 12 lunations or 354 days (Shifting back about 10 days in sequential years). Because of the date shift, the earth's shadow will be about 11 degrees west in sequential events.

It's difficult to spot but if you don't see it you can always check the prelude of the aug. 12 Perseids swinging by.

Happy viewing!!!!

it was cloudy and rainy here so i couldnt see squat
Peace

new topics

top topics

join