It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Congress and the Government Purposely Trying to Create Chaos, Riots, and Revolt Among Americans?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This is unreal America. I can't believe what I read, see, and hear each day I tune into the news.

Our government is literally openly mocking and ridiculing anybody that disagrees with them. American CITIZENS with opposing viewpoints have been called, "racist, teabaggers, angry mob, manufactured, crazy, Swastika carrying, Astroturf, nutjobs."

The government has created "disinformation offices" (czars) and has even established a means for reporting people/information spreading disinformation about the healthcare proposals sitting in Congress.

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING???? WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH????

Are they actually trying to fuel civil unrest and revolt?

[edit on 6-8-2009 by MOFreemason]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'll tell you what they are thinking. They are thinking about the 2010 elections. Obama's approval is dropping like a stone and an increasing number of democrats are beginning to distance themselves from him. Congress is getting hammered during this August recess and that will drive more away from Obama. They are desparate because they know that they finally have a far-left President and with the quality of the current performance, it is the last time in their life time that they will have one. By the end of the year, his approval will be below 40% and he will be a lame duck. By the end of 2010, credible democrats will announce their intentions to run for President, my bet is that Hilliary Clinton is among them. The far left has shown itself to America and America is not buying. At the end of the day, Americans are essentially moderates, either center-left or center-right. Americans are constructive moderates who look to have problems solved, not pursue an agenda. The wings of either the right or left are not accepted by the vast majority of the electorate.

Had Obama run as the President he is, Clinton would have blown his doors off. He's a one-termer and the left knows it, which is why they are pulling out the stops now, tossing union thugs into all of the town hall meetings, creating "tip lines" for folks who disagree with them, any number of things.

They have seen the future. They don't like it. They will do what the can prior to the 2010 elections because they know after that they're done.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
No, talk radio & far right "news" outlets like WND are pulling out all the stops to keep people paranoid and angry.

Feeding people misplaced rage with blatant disinfo stories cooked up by insurance industry lobbyists, like the one going around that UHC will mandate euthanizing dear old Granny

Fortunately, most of the country isn't falling for it.

The "anger" is mostly that of a right wing that cannot fathom how they lost an election (to a black guy, especially), after they spent eight years telling everyone else how they were the only "real" Americans, and condemning anyone who opposed the invasion of Iraq as "traitors."

Now, suddenly, they have discovered that Americans have a right to dissent.

Well, it's great that they finally figured that out, I guess.

Better late than never

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think these people are seeing their long sought after changes being protested and ridiculed. They are seeing that what they thought was a nation of mindless people who don't care what the government does, so long as the people get thrown a few bones, isn't the reality that their minds have long hallucinated. I think that these folks are selfdestructing due to their opinion that since they control Congress and the Executive branch of government they believed they could ram anything they wanted through the lawmaking process and are now finding out that change must occur slowly. In their zeal, they forgot that almost half if not more so of the citizens of this country, including those that don't vote, don't want this great change. At least, not change at such a fast pace. Abrupt change, in my opinion based upon my sorry education in history, seems to have always brought dissent. Get over it. If your proposals are such that you are saving humanity from itself, it should be evident. You should be able to explain these things to common people in common language, without lies, without embelishment, and to be able to actually discuss the economic and social benefits to everyone. No excuses. Just plain truth. sorry for my rant. I could go on an on.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yes, I do believe that the Powers that Be are trying to seed a rebellion, civil war or second revolution.

I believe they believe the only thing that can stop a New World Order, One World Government, One World Currency, One World Religion and my favorite the One World Hamburger Value Meal is a united America still under the illusion that Constitutional Government is real and their right.

They have done an absolutely stellar job at negating and all but destroying the Constitution but the propoganda we as Americans have been fed so long for so many years is so good, that most Americans still labour under the impression our governmental system is a Constitutional one and will fight for it, even though most of them don't have a single solitary clue what a Constitutional Government even looks or sounds like it's been so darn long since we actually have had one.

Getting America to collapse from within becomes paramount. Sadly just the financial crisis isn't enough, there has to be some violence! Wide scale violence, raping, pillaging, robbing, some Viking Long Boats a few crucifixitions, extra points for upside down ones and some where some how a mythical fat lady with an exceptional singing voice has to sing something when it's over, though just like the Constitution no one knows or remembers what's in the song!

I love the smell of Napalm in the mornings, it smells like napalm in the mornings!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

You know I've kept my cool now for a while, but seriously get off of it.

Quit spewing your ignorant diatribes. You say you aren't a partisan, but you know what, you sure do a good job of spewing all of their talking points. Then denying it. You are as transparent as day in your motives. Grow Up. Welcome to my ignore list every time I read one of your post I feel like I lost 10 IQ points.

Yes, I do think that is what they are trying to do without out knowing it. They are so far removed in their own bubbles that they have no idea of the reality.

They are moving at break-neck speed to enact all these far left policies that only a small minority want and they are stirring the pot in the process.

Things are going to get very ugly.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

"The "anger" is mostly that of a right wing that cannot fathom how they lost an election (to a black guy, especially..."

Ah, jeeze! Yeah, throw the race card into it. It used to work all the time. Clue for you. It's gotten old. Die hard Democrats and liberals, like, well, my dear sister, are now saying, WTF?

Am I angry because a part black man won the presidency, instead of Alan Keyes having a shot at it?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Nonsense. The issue here is that the left are the folks calling citizens Nazis and it is the folks who are opposing the proposals who are being inquisitive.

The basic problem with all of these issues is that they have been so vague and there has been no real opportunity to digest and evaluate alternatives that folks are getting frustrated. That frustration scares the left and hence the nazi claims, the "especially because he is a black man" comments and the rest of them. They frankly are insulting.

Yes, McCain lost. McCain was a moderate, frequently vilified by the right. America voted for a smart, moderate, young man who gave the impression that he would listen, be pragmatic and move away from the polarizing politics of the past 20+ years. That is not what we got.

Regardless of what the details are, most folks know what a "bait and switch" is and they don't like it. They also typically don't go to that store again. There are a whole lot of folks who won't be shopping at this store in 3.5 years and the left knows knows it.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
after they spent eight years telling everyone else how they were the only "real" Americans, and condemning anyone who opposed the invasion of Iraq as "traitors."

Now, suddenly, they have discovered that Americans have a right to dissent.

Well, it's great that they finally figured that out, I guess.

Better late than never

I dissagree with most of your post, but this is one thing I can definately agree with you on.

It's just politics as usual, will this game ever end? Not as long as we have the system in place as we have now. And humans are still roaming the Earth. I say do away with money for good, we need a different system, that's the root of all evil.

[edit on 8/6/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Eh, I'm not so thrilled with the left either, but it's probably accurate that I've really learned to loathe the right over the past eight years.

I have no respect for people who blatantly just make stuff up (see the "birther" nonsense) if it suits their political purposes, or go into hysterics about nonexistent political repression because they lost a damned election.

Grow the hell up already

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

One problem, I don't listen to or watch TV, listen to 'Talk Radio', nor do I read Political OP ED pieces, belong to a political party or even own a Dick Tracy wrist watch.

Maybe, just maybe Americans can see that the economy sucks on main street where they live all by themselves and can figure out if they have money in their wallets all by themselves.

Maybe, just maybe Americans can see that there are not enough jobs for the people who are standing in lines for them.

Maybe, just maybe Americans can see that there are no new companies opening their doors to give them jobs?

Maybe, just maybe Americans can visit Library of Congress.gov and read Bills that their own Congress People have admitted to not having had the time to vote on before they did vote on them, in order to really see what's in them all by themselves.

Maybe, just maybe some Americans have good enough memories to remember what the current Scum Bag in Cheif said and promised when he wanted to be Scum Bag in Cheif and what he has done that is contrary, opposite or a bold faced lie since becoming Scum Bag in Cheif once again all by themselves.

Maybe, just maybe some Americans are frightened to death that a dishonest and corrupt government and people like yourself who insist you know better, and you know better what I myself am thinking and why, than I myself do, just have had it up to here with the BS!

Did you every think about that? Or is your thought only limited to what the talking heads and politicians tell you to think?

Fascist!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Fascist?

Look, you guys had eight years, and you ran this country into the ground.

Now we're supposed to blame all the damage on the guy who has been in office a few months?

Get real

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

What part of the last politician I voted for was Walter Mondale for President don't you get?

It is a crime what you are attempting to do to lump and label all people who are against the government's corruption and incompetence as simply being people engaged in partisan politics.

It's childesh, and ignorant, and devoid of any common sense.

No WHERE does it saying BEING AN AMERICAN means you have to be a REPUBLICAN OR A DEMOCRAT.

Obviously you don't care about America just this obcene little game you imagine politicians are supposed to play of "It's my turn now, you had your turn already".

They work for us, we don't work for them.

Fascist.

[edit on 6/8/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Fascist?

Look, you guys had eight years, and you ran this country into the ground.

Now we're supposed to blame all the damage on the guy who has been in office a few months?

Get real

Democrats had control of the House during that time. But we shouldn't blame them for letting Bush get away with what he did. After all he was one man and they couldn't stop him!!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well, Pelosi apparently thought there were some protesters carrying swastikas. So? Is she trying to sow dissent in the country? Hardly.

Politicians have nothing to gain by creating disorder among the people. Their whole effort is to maintain order, sometimes through brutal or illegal means.

Anyway, what these guys are doing is nothing worse than what the Bush administration did - ridiculing dissenters, suppressing them. Back with Bush, they managed to get the media to ignore most of the dissent, until the very end of the administration.

It seems that what was perfectly acceptable for the Republicans to do, isn't OK for the Democrats to do. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. If one side gets to do it, so does the other; and if it's wrong for one side to do it, then the other side ought not do it, either.

Maybe politicians shouldn't ridicule dissenters. But after eight years of it, suddenly it's objectionable? Come on.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

I'm sorry I fail to understand where the last administration asked people to rat on their neighbors. I also fail to understand where the last administration spoke out against private citizens.

And what is this about the media ignoring the dissenters from the last administration? Hardly all we heard about was how bad Bush was from the go.

The fact is the dems are getting it played back on them and they can't take it.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Every day I read the news, and every day I feel like I'm slipping more and more into the twilight zone.

The folks making the laws are supposed to be the smart ones. I guess they are actually the slick ones. While intelligence is important there, a self serving, self important attitude is more important.

I am at a loss. Nothing makes sense.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well the Constitution gave them (Congress) enough power to do what ever needs to be done. all that is expressed in the document Congress can do. if its not there they cant... well they have for years and years.
now they rule over us. not serve us... read what the constitution says about that...

www.usconstitution.net...
now is that clear or what...?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
There are some good people in Congress who are trying to make things transparent and open as possible. Unfortunately, they're not in control. Traitors, such as Pelosi, are, and they're playing a very deceptive game of slurring anyone who thinks outside the mainstream as racist, extremist, right-wingers, nazis, etc. This leads up to their eventually calling them terrorists, and the patriot acts, military commissions act, and defense authorization act will kick in to overdrive.

More and more people will get frustrated as the economy continues to tank and people lose their jobs. Congress and the White House will attempt to buy off as many people as possible, so that means a government-run health care program of some kind will pass. My guess is, all this grandstanding about how health care didn't get passed in the Congress is just a bunch of hype to get the people worked up, kind of like how a video game gets hyped up, only to be delayed a couple years. It makes the people more feverish, but when they get it, they're more delirious with satisfaction.

Now really isn't the time to pass such an important piece of legislation. Think about it. Obama hasn't even been in office a year. If he passes it now, all his political capital will be spent, the euphoria will fade away, and he has to think of something else to get the people to vote for him again, at a time when the economy is failing and people are losing their jobs.....

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I personally think we need to force end of life counseling on all the old fart politicians in Washington. We need to tell them why they should off themselves like they want to tell the rest of America.

These leftist whackos need to go. There is no need for the mess they are creating right now.

I say we force the Nazi wanna be's into hospice and then end the EOL program there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join