It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO surveying volcano - Etna

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The video itself is a little shaky, which shows a UFO surveying Mount Etna. There is little in the way of clarity, and personally as stated in the comments it could very well be a helicopter.

I find this interesting because (much like Mexico) UFO's have been attracted to volcanos and seismic hotspots.

The video's description reads: UFO spotted which stopped over the volcano's principle opening.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Oscitate]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

UFO surveying volcano - Etna

Yup, it is a fairly poor video but even if it is, it still shows something over the crater and it once again points out how wretched most people are at making videos.

UFO vids are almost always loaded with a few split seconds of fair shooting, overlapped by the shooter trying again and again to zoom on a small object with no background. When taking these kinds of videos, your camera is not going to auto-focus on a blank sky. Be it a plane, a helicopter of a UFO... without something as a reference point (like a nearby telephone pole, some wires or tree limbs), the camera is going to lose its place and go fuzzy.

Ten seconds of good distant shooting is worth ten hours of fuzzy close ups you'll never, ever get.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

Do they do sight seeing tours over Mount Etna? I bet they do.....

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
they can get man on the moon but they cant get anyone to shoot a non shakey in focus holiday video.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
That saucer is in trouble.
Volcano or mountain peaks have less gravity and can bring down
the saucer gravity setting.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Do they do sight seeing tours over Mount Etna? I bet they do.....

They certainly do...

A helicopter trip of the mount Etna, Stromboli Island or Vulcano Island will include a bird's eye view of the craters. Every trip offers views that will stay in your heart forever. The sweeping views of Bove Valley (Huge Etna's caldera) are truly spectacular.
Source

I like how the OP ascribes a motive to the object, without even knowing what the object is. There seem to be a lot of similar posts of late.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

To me it's obviously a helicopter then

Honestly i don't know why people video these things when they know full well it's a sight-seeing tour!!!!!

Get a life..... we only want the real stuff here

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I don’t believe this is a helicopter.

Great find - great shots!

By the way, I’ve never seen helicopters get that close to her top.
(Her tours usual tours are truck foot and lift)...
And that looks like no helicopter I've ever seen.

When was this video released?

I’ll have to go to Y.T and check it out more.

By the way, here’s where I live.
Bad picture but I couldn’t find my good photo stick.
Anyway, the top of Etna is right outside my back door.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d85cf4eb663f.jpg[/atsimg]

peace

[edit on 7-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Great place you live but maybe you should take a helicopter tour of Etna yourself to see exactly where they go

Here is a snippet from tour company site:

Helicopter tours add a new dimension to your "volcano" experience; you can see things from the air that are invisible or look completely different from the surface. One of the features that make Etna and the other sicilian volcanoes so spectacular is the ever-changing and breathtaking vistas. Landscapes range from lush pine and birch wood to dry arid black lava deserts to snow topped mountains to wonderful mediterranean sea. Sicily is a feast for the eyes. Full of greens, blues, and wonders that make for wonderful memories. One of the best ways to enjoy the natural wonders of Sicily and its volcanoes to the fullest is with a helicopter ride. Every island offers them and every island has something special to offer.

A helicopter trip of the mount Etna, Stromboli Island or Vulcano Island will include a bird's eye view of the craters. Every trip offers views that will stay in your heart forever. The sweeping views of Bove Valley (Huge Etna's caldera) are truly spectacular.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Yay! More shaky, blurry footage, of a seemingly mundane object (helicopter),...
which will do nothing but get the gullible and naive overly excited about nothing.

Unfotunately, this is the norm around here lately. Oh well.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Thanks.

Just sayin, all I said was I've never seen helicopters that close to the top.

Does the tour agent blurb say they go right to the top like that - especially when she’s erupting and putting out mass ash and magma/lava?

I didn't read a thing about it, did you?

Also, please add your link to this supposed tourist site.

I can assure you most of these so called helicopter tours are out of business or bs - and why?

Tourists can’t afford them, it’s too cost prohibitive...Thus my point of how the most usual tours are foot and truck/vans.

I've never seen a helicopter that close to her top...
That does not mean it does not happen, but I can assure you it does NOT happen on a day to day basis.

peace

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
There are tourist flights by helicopter.

There is also a naval base there that uses Seadragon helicopters, that have been involved in exercises & photo shoots over Mt Etna.

It's all very easy to find.

I can't see why the op's video would show a UFO, as opposed to a helicopter.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Does the tour agent blurb say they go right to the top like that

TruthxIsxInxThexMist did post: "will include a bird's eye view of the craters"

especially when she’s erupting and putting out mass ash and magma/lava?

I'm not a vulcanologist, but that isn't putting out mass ash and magma/lava

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

As Daisy pointed out...... it does say birds eye views in my description up above.......

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Do you? I provided a link to a video that is not on this forum that may mean something to somebody. And I find it funny that you mention the redundancy of posts, since your last one was closed by a moderator because it was redundant. Please look in the mirror before judging others.

top topics

join