It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009 NFL Predictions and General Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I am a HUGE fan of the NFL and an even bigger fan of the Tennessee Titans. So with that said I thought I would create a BTS thread were we can post our predictions about the upcoming season and post other general 2009 season related things. First off the annual NFL Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio will be played this Sunday evening at 7:00 CST and will be nationally televised on NBC. This will kick off the NFL Pre-Season. The game is between the Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titans. (Go Titans!
)

Anyways here are my predictions(with predicted record) by division winners for 2009.

AFC

West: Kansas City(11-5)
East: New England(12-4)
South: Tennessee(13-3)
North: Pittsburgh (11-5)

NFC

West: Arizona (11-5)
East: NY Giants(14-2)
South: Atlanta (13-3)
North: Chicago (11-5)

[color=gold]Super Bowl XLIV

Tennessee versus NY Giants

Well those are my predictions, I welcome any more, as well as any other 2009 NFL related news.

GO TITANS!!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Steelers repeat of course.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Playoffs: Jets beat the Steelers, then whoop the Titans ...

Win the superbowl against the Redskins?

In the unlikely event the Jets don't take it ... Go Titans!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Alright Krog your lucky I like football a lot..lol..

1 AFC East

New York Jets (12-4)

AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers (14-2)

AFC South

Tennessee Titans (10-6)

AFC West

Denver Broncos (10-6)

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys (12-4)

NFC North

Minnesota Vikings (11-5)

NFC South

New Orleans Saints (13-3)

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals (9-7)

SUPERBOWL will be: Steelers and Saints. In which the Saints win by a Drew Brees QB sneak!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Titans 10-6!!! What?
LOL, also you pick the Saints over the Falcons? (I know you are a Saints fan,lol)...You think the AFC south can be won with a 10-6 record? LOL.......I am surprised by your picks, especially the Jets over the Pats....As well some others, but it is your opinion.

[edit on 8/6/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The Patriots will go 19-0. Once again make a mockery of the league. But this time win the last game.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

Patriots fan are we? I can not wait till the Titans play them in week 6, should be a great one.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19599f675ec3.png[/atsimg]

That is all.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Herea my tips.....unfortunantly I cant pick my team, Seattle to head the NFC this year, depsite the good recruiting.

AFC

West: San Diego (11-5)
East: Miami (10-6) or New England depending on Tom Brady
South: Tennessee (12-4)
North: Pittsburgh (13-3)

NFC

West: Arizona (10-6)
East: NY Giants (13-3)
South: New Orleans (13-3) i know surprise packet

North: Minnesota (10-6)

[color=gold]Super Bowl XLIV

Pittsburgh over NY Giants in the superbowl

As well as these teams I also think Chicago, Baltimore, Titans, Chiefs and Eagles will do well, and I think the Colts will flop. If Detroit make the playoffs I will eat my hat
but seriously good luck to them

Also to add, if Hasselbeck is fit, the Seahawks could pull off some surprises

[edit on 7/8/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Good picks, I can go along with those. Yes, the Saints were a surprise, but some people actually think they will do good, I just think the falcons are to strong. I agree about the Colts, they will be lucky to go 9-7 IMO. I like Chicago because of their new quarterback, but the Vikings could take it. Pittsburgh should win the north, but the Ravens will give them a run, but once again fail to get past the Steelers. I picked KC to win the AFC West because they have a decently stacked team right now, and I feel the Chargers are slipping and neither Oakland nor Denver can take command of the division IMO. I think the NY Giants are a pretty solid bet for the Super Bowl because of their strong team and the lack of better teams in the NFC, I predicted the Titans over the Giants last year in the Bowl, I am going with that again this year. This time I think the Titans will not flop in the playoffs, they learned last year and they have a much tougher schedule this year. You got some great picks, and I can agree with most. I can not wait for the season to start I know that!

** Sleeper pick: Watch out for Arizona to possibly repeat the NFC title, they are dangerous and now know they can get there.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I also had a bit of a decision with Chicago, the last few years they have never had a strong quarterback, but they may go alright this year. Kansas City will go ok, and baltimore will always be up there. But you are right, they can never get pass those damn Steelers. Pittsburgh always sem to come good at the right time of year. One thing to note about Seattle is that Hasselbeck always plays a little better when he comes off long term injury. If he and TJ can get something going, plus with Burleson fit, I think they may be a shot of a wild card place, yet they still have a gaping hole in the running back position.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Gee, let me think...

Seattle Seahawks, of course. Injuries were the bane last year. Hasselbach is healthy (fingers crossed), wide recievers are healthy, plus a new one in TJ "whos your mama"...and running back by commitee, if we get 1200 yds from the top 3 backs, I'll be happy.

The defense, particularly the linebacking corp, has real possibilities.

11-5 isn't out of the question.

San Fran? Not happening (sorry Intrepid...not!!) this year.

Arizona? A fluke, I tell ya...when in doubt, they're still the Cardinals...

St. Louis? *giggle* They are what we think they are...horrible.

Seattle will again be nfc west champ, and host a playoff game...

Editorial over, on to the predictions...

AFC West: San Diego. Until otherwise proven, the class of the division.
AFC East: New England. Until otherwise proven, second best team in NFL.
AFC South: Indianapolis. Peyton Manning, need I say more?
AFC North: Pittsburgh. I just threw up in my mouth, a little bit...

AFC Wildcard #1: Tennesee. Need a stud quarterback, to beat the team with the stud quarterback.
AFC Wildcard #2: Miami. These guys are actually pretty good. No fluke.

Darkhorse: Baltimore.

NFC West: Seattle. Woooooooo-Hooooooo... Not that I'm biased.
NFC East: New York. Best team in football. (sorry Lombozo)
NFC South: New Orleans. Not yet Atlanta.
NFC North: Green Bay. Just to show a certain retired quarterback wassup.

NFC Wildcard #1: Philadelphia. Might be the second best team in the NFC...
NFC Wildcard #2: Detroit. Hey, fantasy's do come true...

Darkhorse: Tampa Bay.

AFC Champion: Pittsburgh... What's with this wanting to vomit????

NFC Champion: Seattle... My predictions, not yours... don't like 'em? Make up your own...

Superbowl: Seattle...

VENGENCE IS OURS SAYETH THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS... OH, YEEEEEEAAAAH!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I know it is preseason but I am making the picks for tonight's preseason kick off game.

Tennessee 27-Buffalo 17

Reply to seagull:

WHAAAAAA

LOL, I am willing to bet 100,000 ATS points that Seattle won't make it to the Super Bowl!

[edit on 8/9/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Ah, but that's the fun of preseason predictions... All the teams are equal. The key to Seattle's season is health...health...and health. 'course a running game wouldn't hurt...

Win the division, get a home game in the playoffs, and who knows?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Amend your sb prediction to Seahawks - Jets and I'll root for your boys all season.

How we doin' with our bb picks?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Agreed, I also feel like
when I mention the Steelers.

[edit on 8/9/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I'll take that as a good sign. I felt the same way about the Pats when they were on their reign of terror. Steelers are going to be tough but it's really hard to repeat. I'm going to skip right to the bottom line.

SD beats Philly for the Lombardi. The NFL needs to get the West coast back in the picture. Arizona didn't count, -like going to the movies with your sister.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
UPDATE

Well the kick off of the NFL pre season and the 75th annual Hall of Fame game concluded with MY TITANS winning against the Buffalo Bills 21-18!!!!

(Would have been much worse IMHO if starters stayed in
)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Do you honestly think, even after all these years, I could root for the Jerks? After Vinnie's phantom touchdown that cost us the playoffs? Not a chance, thanks anyway...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

NFC Wildcard #1: Philadelphia. Might be the second best team in the NFC...

Eagles are going to take it all this year! Jim Johnson (Might be one of the best defensive coordinators ever) died last week. His replacement is a young tough stud. The team is young, strong, and well coached. Yes, they already have a couple of injuries to key players, but the team and the whole damn city are wanting to win in Johnson's memory. Karma.
Can the Eagles really do it? Yes. But they need to put all of the locker room BS behind them, and go out with fire in their eyes and just take it. Don't want it. Wanting is for losers. TAKE IT. An enemy must be destroyed. Respected perhaps, but destroyed. 2nd place means you lost.
Yes I am speaking from my heart, but I think the Eagles will bring home my namesakes trophy.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join