It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployed? You might be a terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Link

Speaking at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, Brennan offered no details on how much the cash-strapped administration will be willing to pour into known terror havens, which range from war-wracked Afghanistan to poverty-stricken Somalia and Yemen. Those nations have pleaded for millions more dollars in financial aid, along with funds for trucks, helicopters, and other equipment.
His comments underscored assertions — by Obama and other Cabinet members — that winning the war of words is a key element to defeating terrorism. Early on, Obama dropped the use of the oft-heard Bush administration catch phrase "global war on terror," saying that the U.S, must be careful not to suggest that it is at war with Muslims. And in June Obama delivered a much-anticipated speech in Cairo, reaching out to the Muslim world.
On Thursday, Brennan also argued that the term "global war" could imply that the U.S. is at war with the rest of the world, and it reinforces the idea that al-Qaida is more powerful and far-reaching than it is.
Outlining five key elements of the new approach, Brennan said the U.S. will meld its fight against terrorists into a broader engagement with countries around the world, not just those gripped by extremists.
In addition to efforts to speak more carefully about terrorism, he said there will be a greater understanding that while poverty does not cause violence, people who have no hope for a job are often more susceptible to extremist ideologies.

Thank you mister Obama for pointing out that this is a war on unemployed civilians that need to work to make a living. So now that the bankers have manipulated the financial markets into oblivion we might as well call unemployed people terrorists. Since we are so busy being unemployed I am sure that you would like us to join your citizen corps or minisrty of truth to keep us busy from our meaningless lives of martydom and extremism.

Like I give a crap about the rest of the world. I am a citizen of the US. Try not being treasonous and focus on your own country first. Thanks!

[edit on 6-8-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thanks for this one. It's good to know what they're thinking. So....if you can't get a job, your more likely to be an extremist...well, to his credit, he didn't say you probably couldn't a job BECAUSE you were an extremist...but then, I guess if you were, you could be president...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So it appears that they look at like this:

If you are unemployed, you have more time to READ and THINK than the average person caught up in the 'rat-race' everyday...

Wow.....

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just become self--employed

You will never be out of a job just do something that keeps ya busy once a week or so you will still be working

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Informing and educating yourself while unemployed marks you as potential terrorist

Second Line

[edit on 8/6/2009 by Big Oil]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Great, i'm probably on a watch list now.
Silly me, attending college full-time and taking some time off
from busting my hump.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I know that since my industry went down the drain I have spent more time educating myself. I was so much happier when I was uniformed and ignorant.

Most people I know are working too hard to put food on the table to keep abreast of what is really going on. Most don't have a clue. That's why the unemployed are mentioned.

Yeah, I'm probably on the list, just check my google searches, second thought don't.

new topics

top topics

join