It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newlywed Charged With Plot on Husband(must see video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
MIAMI (Aug. 6) - A South Florida woman was arrested Wednesday for allegedly hiring an undercover police officer to kill her husband of six months, authorities said.
Dalia Dippolito, 26, was charged with solicitation to commit first-degree murder and taken to the Palm Beach County jail, Boynton Beach Police Department spokeswoman Stephanie Slater said. Bond had not yet been set and it was unclear if she had an attorney.
Dippolito gave an informant pictures of her husband, 38-year-old Michael Dippolito, and $1,200 for a hit man to purchase a handgun, according to a probable cause affidavit. She also offered to create an alibi for herself and detailed her husband's daily schedule.
An undercover officer posing as a hit man called Dippolito on Monday afternoon and arranged a meeting. The officer asked for $3,000 in cash and a key to the couple's home. The undercover officer later met Dippolito in a pharmacy parking lot and asked if she was sure she wanted her husband killed.
She laughed, according to the according to the affidavit, and said: "I will be very happy."
Dippolito discussed getaway routes, her home's security system, the location of her husband on Wednesday and the fee for the task, and the officer again asked if the woman was sure.
"I'm not going to change my mind," she responded, according to the documents. "I am 5,000 percent sure I want it done. When I set my mind to something, I get it done."
Authorities staged an elaborate crime scene outside the Dippolito home on Wednesday morning, complete with yellow crime tape and several police vehicles.
"The bottom line is, we wanted her to believe without question that when she arrived that her husband was dead," Slater said.
Officers then contacted Dippolito at her gym and told her to come to the house. When an officer told Dippolito that her husband was dead, she broke down in tears, a video of the operation shows.
Dippolito was then taken to the Boynton Beach Police Department, where she was told of the investigation and arrested. Michael Dippolito, who was informed of the case Wednesday morning, was also at the police department, as was the undercover officer who Dalia Dippolito believed was going to kill her husband, according to a police news release.
A call to a telephone number listed for Michael Dippolito connected with a signal that sounded like a fax machine. A call to a cell phone number for Dalia Dippolito was unanswered and a message was not immediately returned.
"It seems like it just hasn't hit him yet," Slater said of Michael Dippolito. "But the more he thinks about it, the more things that have happened over the past couple months are starting to make sense to him."news.aol.com...|main|dl1|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle %2Fdalia-dippolito-hit-man-plot%2F605152
THE NEWS STORY:

THE POLICE VIDEO OF HER REACTION OF BEING TOLD HE WAS KILLED

What's your thoughts?

[edit on 6-8-2009 by joe82]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I love how her husband seems so cool about it. She just ordered a hit on him and he looks mildly surprised.

As for Daria. The amount of exposure and embarassment generated by her fake outburst satisfies me more than the notion of her felony charge. Good riddance.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I wish we had a video of when her husband came into the police station! That would be a good one. People like this make me sick. If her life was that bad then y not just leave?? C'mon 6 months!!! Thats it! Wow 6 months for a lifetime... how does that work?? As for punishment.... Why not life? A life of inprisonment for a lie? She is so deceptive how she cries out. oooo poor little girl. lmao!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

Well honestly how do you respond to that.... I would think it was a practical joke someone was playing on me..

Anyways..

That dude has one awesome story for his friends when they complain about their girlfriends or wives....

"Oh you think your girl is bad, mine tried to kill me! ..... Literally.."

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'm not saying I'd react any differently. In fact, I hope I could. However I'm fairly sure I'd be in mental recess if my newly-wed, love-of-my life ordered a hit on me.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wow, what a story. It is good they got that on video of her crying when it was in fact her that was going to have him killed. They can use that to compare and learn from for other situations like it. Though I wonder what sort of evidence they have on her? Do you think the undercover officer has recordings of their meetings or is it just His word against hers? They really haven't told us what the evidence is. Eventually she will have to confess and maybe then we will find out why she tried to do it.

And seriously, why would you trust a stranger (the undercover agent acting as a hitman) to join you in a conspiracy to commit murder, the only thing keeping him true to your cause $3000 or so. That's quite a risk, the math just doesn't add up. A hitman would be risking life in prison or death row for $3000??? I'm going to start being a nicer person still, lol, if it only takes $3000 and some upfront money, nobody is safe! And really, seems like robbery would be much better risk vs. reward not to mention the fact nobody necessarily you know, dies.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This was plastered on the front page of my Palm Beach newspaper today. They could have just arrested her when she arranged the hit but the show COPS was in town for filming so they had to make it more dramatic. Can't wait to watch it.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What is wrong with people?!?!? This is extremely disturbing, and also makes me quite happy that I am single at the moment.
Honestly, i hope she gets the living crap kicked out of her in prison.
Good riddance indeed!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Another point: Am I the only one to find the notion of roughly $4k being equal to the value of a person's life a tad disturbing? Sure, I'll grant you it gets a lot lower than that in certain parts of the world, yet it remains -- sickening.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Oscitate]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oscitate
Another point: Am I the only one to find the notion of roughly $4k being equal to the value of a person's life a tad disturbing? Sure, I'll grant you it gets a lot lower than that in certain parts of the world, yet it remains -- sickening.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Oscitate]

That is a good point you make there.
You would think it'd be a bit higher considering inflation as well :p

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This makes me wonder if it's possible to take a pain in the A wife down like this. Claim to have taken out a huge life insurance policy, start acting like a jerk, get some of your friends to plant the idea in her head....

Then she gets sent to prison and you dont have to deal with her crap anymore and none of that divorce property theft crap via lawyers.

Maybe someday I'll be in some horrible relationship and get the chance to try this out.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Give the girl an Emmy. What a performance. She'll be popular in prison, pretty lil thang like her.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I am sorry buy I had to give you a star for that one. Fits perfectly on this site....................I am still laughing while I am checking to see what my wife has been up too.........

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thank you OP! S & F!

I was needing something good for a Thread. I nice to take a small break from our Country going down the tubes.........

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise

And seriously, why would you trust a stranger (the undercover agent acting as a hitman) to join you in a conspiracy to commit murder, the only thing keeping him true to your cause $3000 or so. That's quite a risk, the math just doesn't add up. A hitman would be risking life in prison or death row for $3000??? I'm going to start being a nicer person still, lol, if it only takes $3000 and some upfront money, nobody is safe! And really, seems like robbery would be much better risk vs. reward not to mention the fact nobody necessarily you know, dies.

You would be surprised at how cheap it can be.
The drug gangs in mexico will come to the US and do it for 5000 or 10,000 for a high profile.

I can't believe we have a Congress left at those prices.....

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
As a wife who's been married for almost ten years I can honestly say that she is one stone cold b****.
I just cannot imagine anyone doing that to their husband/wife.

I mean i know marriage can be tough. My hubby and I have been through it all and it was really tough but we made it.
I guessed she figured that since they weren't married long and they had no kids that she probably wouldn't have gotten much from a divorce. Gee I guess that's why they have this thing called jobs. Yes they suck but such is life.
Maybe she missed the memo that says that alltho you may sometimes get the urge to kill your spouse you should never actually do it
Maybe they should change some peoples' vows to 'till death do you part or one of you kills the other'

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

I know, He almost seemed un-suprised by the whole thing.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
I wish we had a video of when her husband came into the police station!

I was thinking the very same thing, I bet her jaw dropped to the floor.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
They could have just arrested her when she arranged the hit but the show COPS was in town for filming so they had to make it more dramatic. Can't wait to watch it.

Please let me know when it will air.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
Give the girl an Emmy. What a performance. She'll be popular in prison, pretty lil thang like her.

Yea, I'm sure she acted that out in her head a 1,000 times, just ended a little bit different.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join