It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help heal Darfur

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I wouldn't recommend any kind of meditation whilst driving...I know it might be tempting. It's best done when you can focus on it, however gently, some other place. If you want to continue the focus for when you are out of the house, just make a sacred space for your intention...like writing your images or meditation ideas down. Any other questions, just fire away, or send me a u2u.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You can't use "the power of thought" this way, there are people there who want to fight and those trying to influence them in a supernatural way are simply oppressors of free will, you cannot (thank God) change free will of any other being by "distance mind control" unless you go there and talk to those who wish to fight face to face. Not even if the goal is peace. If that (to influence others without those being aware, by intention only) would be possible, it might as well be used to create war, there are rules and they exist for a reason. It's why people are separated from God, trying to play a heavenly judge.

If anyone really wants to help, then try and create a better future by using cold hard cash, helping to build infrastructure, better living conditions, fund micro credit projects etc.

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by locster

These people chop off each others heads with Machetes. Even if meditation worked, do you think a bunch of savages are going to be tied into the universal consciousness?

What's the difference between killing with a machete or with a rifle or nuke? One is less savage or more intelligent (humane?) than the other? All conflicts are about either freedom of thought (religion) or freedom of movement (territory/resources), all violence is primitive and begins when all other communication fails. In other words, if I hate your guts but I can't verbalize it, I'll just punch you in the face to tell you. Even if they appear savage, they are still human beings just like you and me, but in a place full of hatred and despair.

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
This is a selfless and generous contribution. I will do my part, and thank you Caitlinfae for the visualization. I will definitely use it.

We all affect eachother, it may be possible someone from Darfur will one day in the future lash out at other countries by committing terrorist actions. Besides this argument, it will probably make anyone who tries to 'send energy' or use intentions to "heal" feel better about him/herself afterwards. Point being it isn't selfless.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

An excellent thread. I have been dismayed for some time about the lack of progress in Darfur. Frankly, I think the only answer for this situation is to have the UN essentially take it over and work to a solution. I have grave concerns about this as there is national autonomy issues and a precedent that I am loath to venture into.

Do you know of a legitimate organization that can be supported, either through time or money that can directly aid the people in Darfur? I am well aware of the corruption and the venal ambitions of the leaders of Sudan, but if there was an organization that actually helped people rather than fill pockets, I would be interested in getting involved/support such an organization.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Its not about opressing free will or trying to make them do stuff.
Its about trying to raise their awareness.

And what do i gain from sending positive intent?
And why would what i am trying to do not work?
Do you know how the universe works?
I don't but i try.

I don't need a reason to feel good about myself, i already do.
You can say i am selfish for trying to help, i don't care.
I want this thread to be a positive one.

If you don't like what this is about, simply don't post.

[edit on 6/8/09 by locster]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

It is too bad a lot of charities have highly paid CEOs

you might be interested in this

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I want to thank the people that participated.
Thank you very much!!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i guess i send a part of my healing energy there,kinda dizzed me a bit. i didnt even read everything but still cool if i can help

<< 1   >>

join