It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Marshall law is declared and fema camps are opened would a actual soldier of America do the unthi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If Marshall Law was declared,i think it would be followed by most soldiers to a degree.i think that when things start to seem fishy most soldiers would wake up and realize that what there doing isnt right.Now i know some would do anything there commanding officers would tell them without a thought because thats how there trained but at the end of the day that one soldier has a family of there own that could be in a fema camp.They might not shout out "NO I WONT DO IT" but they would begin to talk amongst themselves i think

I have family in the military and i cant see them doing anything againts there own people and family,i think Marshall Law will only happen if the soldier collectively agree,and if not i think it would be a civil war because some of the things i read about NWO plans seem outlandish and to think any soldier in there right mind would actually in force some of these thing is crazy just imo..

Just because there in the military doesnt mean they dont have a heart

what do think? am i right? wrong?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MAB19

Look at the war in Iraq. For the most part, it is a war based on lies. They are there "doing the unthinkable." A few refuse to do it any longer but for the most part, soldiers just follow their orders.

The same thing would happen here. It wouldn't be a sudden issue of orders "Fire on civilians" "Throw your family in prison". It would be gradual and for the most part, the soldiers would be convinced that they are doing the right thing. The civilians that they would be asked to lock up or shoot would be "the enemy". There would be a campaign to convince the soldiers of this and it would be effective.

You would be surprised how the soldiers view civilians as it is right now. It wouldn't be much of a stretch for them to officially view them as the enemy.

So to answer your question, yes... they would do the unthinkable.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I agree... to a point! Yes they have hearts.....

Our military could be completely misdirected and misinformed to doing something they wouldn't normaly do if they were aware of it....

Our military has, can, is, and will take advantage of its men and women... until there objective is complete...

Just my thoughts.....

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
s long as the soldiers family wasn't int he line of fire, i think eventually they would shoot. All they would need to do is station troops in states where they had no ties.

sure it could happen, hopefully it wont. i mean just look at history, man has had no problems killing their own.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I love how we as Americans seem to think "it" could never happen to us or that our soldiers are angels compared to everyone else or that our government would never turn on us. That stuff only happens on t.v. and in those other countries. We are USA!!!!!!!!!!!

Americans need to wake up and realize it's already happening. I'm sure the Germans thought it could never happen to them. Why the hell do we as Americans feel so damn arrogant to think we are so much different than billions of other human beings that live on this planet and billions of other human beings that have inhabited this planet long before we got here. Americans i.e. US soldiers are not immune to human nature. Quite the opposite. Military indoctrination CATERS to and manipulates human nature to serve a purpose. I mean hell what the hell do you think soldiers train to do.......they train to KILL........what the hell do you think war is all about. They are trained to take orders. Only in extreme extreme circumstances do they ever question orders. Hell most of the time they think the average civi is an uninformed dingbat who fails to see how the real world works. Just ask your average GI about the war on terror. He'll probably spew some line like we are safer here because they are over there fighting those big bad terrorists. LOL.

Hell and if the US soldiers can't do it our government can hire black water ot take us out.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
I love how we as Americans seem to think "it" could never happen to us or that our soldiers are angels compared to everyone else or that our government would never turn on us. That stuff only happens on t.v. and in those other countries. We are USA!!!!!!!!!!!

Americans need to wake up and realize it's already happening. I'm sure the Germans thought it could never happen to them. Why the hell do we as Americans feel so damn arrogant to think we are so much different than billions of other human beings that live on this planet and billions of other human beings that have inhabited this planet long before we got here. Americans i.e. US soldiers are not immune to human nature. Quite the opposite. Military indoctrination CATERS to and manipulates human nature to serve a purpose. I mean hell what the hell do you think soldiers train to do.......they train to KILL........what the hell do you think war is all about. They are trained to take orders. Only in extreme extreme circumstances do they ever question orders. Hell most of the time they think the average civi is an uninformed dingbat who fails to see how the real world works. Just ask your average GI about the war on terror. He'll probably spew some line like we are safer here because they are over there fighting those big bad terrorists. LOL.

Hell and if the US soldiers can't do it our government can hire black water ot take us out.

Star for you sir, thank you for elaborating my history statement
i totally agree.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MAB19

I think 90% of the military wouldnt do it. Unless there was an emergency, Remeber Katrina? (I am an Iraqi war vet.) Now Lets say In septembe/ ocotober swine flu goes into full swing, Americans start to die massively theres a huge panic the army comes out, the dollar collapses, rioting and looting in the streets hundreds of thousands are dying daily. I see the Military coming out in full force then to calm the big cities.... But with over half our miltary away.. who do you think the will bring in? UN Peace Keepers-)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Let's think about this a second. When you say, "martial law is declared", what exactly does that mean? Who declares it? What are the grounds for declaring it? When was the last time martial law was declared within the borders of the United States? What were the circumstances? What was the outcome?

I know, thinking is hard, right? I posit it might make sense to at least define the parameters and see where we've been historically on something before we wildly speculate about a highly hypothetical situation. But that's probably just me.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

lol i get your point,sry but i didnt mean to come off as the guy that think that the US is different from any other country lol but i think its a possibility of good thats all im saying,yea the german ppl didnt think it would happen to them but there was german soldiers that were trying to assassinate Hitler even thou it failed lol I like to be optimistic

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

You're talking about the US military vs. chaos and lawlessness. Some of us are talking about having to choose between serving their government and serving the people. You're scenario the line is thick and boldly drawn. What about if the line isn't so thick and not so evident? What then? Plus widespread panic and chaos is exactly what the government will use to enact martial law. It starts out innocent but turns tyrannical.

Who would the US military support if states started to secede from the "union" ala the civil war? Don't forget soldiers have families to feed and basic needs to be met like you and I. It's their job.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MAB19

Yeah well there's optimistic and than there's realistic. This isn't 1930's Germany nor is it 1700's colonial America. Our government has Predator drones and bunker buster bombs. We wouldn't stand a chance without the support of a large percentage of a defecting military. We'd be slaughtered before we ever knew what hit us. Hell with the amount of weaponry the government has all it would take is a few Hitlers and a few thousand whack jobs to wreak havoc on the American populace if a revolution ever did come to fruition. Remember 1% of the US population owns A LOT OF WEALTH, LAND, CAPITAL, MACHINERY, REAL ESTATE etc. in this country. This 1% of the population wouldn't think twice about putting their interests first before those of their fellow Americans. And soldiers are easily bought and paid for......just ask BlackWater
And this is another reason why the distribution of wealth among the haves and have nots in America is even more alarming.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Yea i agree,maybe i should of elaborated on why marshall law would be declared,i agree those are the reason why but i mean like if thing just got out of hand sending people to fema camps making ppl get the vaccine and if they refuse they would get shot in the face that type of extreme sry for not clarifying

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
One of the main reasons I believe this can (and at some point most likely will) happen here in the U.S. is that our citizenry has been the victim of a systematic "dumbing down." Our education system is mediocre at best and criminally negligent at worst, with most of the schools I have seen leaning toward the latter of the two. Not to be too hard on the OP here, and not to be nit-picky, but when I read a post titled: "If Marshall (sic) law is declared and fema camps are opened would a actual soldier of America do the unthinkable," all I can see is the failure of the American Education system to teach the difference in Marshall and Martial. The term you meant is, was, and always will be MARTIAL Law.
But to respond to your actual question, I can tell you from personal experience in the military that our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines are not automatons and will not simply open fire on innocent civilians.
However, that being said, the more likely and therefore more frightening scenario is one in which a group of citizens is singled out for questioning the authority of the Government, and therefore as UN-American, and thus not so "innocent" in the eyes of the soldiers. If it comes to that, those of us on these forums might likely fit such a description.
The Marines that I knew personally are good men, but their dedication to being a good Marine was the quality they most defined themselves by; and good Marines follow orders. Thus, if they were ordered a task they found personally distasteful, but as far as they knew legal, such an order would likely be executed (no pun intended).
The real problem is that the grunts on the ground pulling the trigger have been told over and over again that they are not paid to think, and that the decisions for what is and what is not a lawful order are made at a much higher level. Thus, it would be up to the Officers and NCOs to take action before the order reached the front lines. If the Officers and NCOs were either not educated enough to know the difference or not inclined to care, then God help us because whoever's on the other side of that Marines rifle will be the recipient of several new breathing holes, and that right quick.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If anything was gonna make a member of the Military snap, it would be continuing to see the same question (OP) posed on ATS week after week after week after week.

But to answer your question? In my honest opinion, no.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Artephius Abraxas Helios

The ones pulling the strings of those pulling the trigger are just as corrupt as the politicians in Washington. As much as we need to kick the scum out of the White House......the military needs to burn some brass as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well they killed a bunch of unarmed college kids once.
Whats changed?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Here's a nice advert to go with your post, even MTV no !

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Throughout history, throughout the world, soldiers have fired on citizens when ordered to do so. I see no reason why American soldiers would not do the same. In fact, in the history of the US, soldiers have already fired on civilians.

Soldiers are trained to obey orders. If a commanding officer orders them to shoot, they will shoot. That's the whole point of their training - to obey orders without hesitation, without argument. Unlike the police, soldiers are not trained primarily to subdue someone with non-lethal force. They are trained to eliminate an enemy as quickly and effectively as possible. Their training and outlook are vastly different from what policemen are taught.

Soldiers also are trained with the assumption that they'll be fighting other soldiers - people who are young, healthy, armed, and trained to fight back. Their techniques are geared to completely neutralize a threat, if not by killing the opponent, then at least by rendering him incapable of doing harm. Even so-called "non-lethal" force that a healthy enemy soldier could survive, is likely to be fatal to an untrained civilian who may be in poor health, older, or otherwise less able to survive a beating.

So yeah, if soldiers are called in to handle civilians, there are almost certainly going to be fatalities.

Oh, and another thing. If martial law is declared, then the soldiers will be seriously outnumbered by the civilians. It won't be, say, ten soldiers against one or two civilians. It will be ten soldiers against a crowd of hundreds or even thousands of civilians. You think those soldiers won't be scared, and willing to shoot to defend themselves against so many angry people?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MAB19

I think the troops would fire on their own people in this country. It's all compartmentalization.

1. the one that gives the orders says, "my hands are clean"

2. the one who kills says, "I was just following orders"

3. the one who disposes of the bodies says, "I didn't kill anybody"

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm starting to reconsider my initial opinion that no, American soldiers wouldn't go along with such stuff. I like to think that the current military members are like me, and would refuse if put into this situation. But, I recall a few things, like the American Civil War, where brother fought against brother. Things like Kent State. Things like the miltary being called out to take control of former military vets in Washington, D.C., after WWI, where the vets wanted what was promised to them from our government, and protested. I'm starting to think that our present military just might follow orders blindly. I don't want to think that. And I recall an incident when I was in basic training in the army. A guy was caught smoking a cigarette in the shower one night, hiding the smell with running water. Our senior platoon guide decided it would be fitting for this guy to strip naked, put a laundry bag over his head and walk the gauntlet, while everyone else snapped wet towels at his penis and butt. I told the guy, don't do this. It's not right. Just let the senior guide tell the drill sergeant and you will do 40 pushups or some such stuff. No, he was afraid. So everyone, except me, lined up to snap their towels at this guy at 3 AM. It was sad and disgusting to see grown men reacting this way to a fellow soldier. Afterwards the senior guide told me he was going to tell the drill sergeant that I refused to follow orders. Heh. So on the other hand I see some hope. Because the senior guide was demoted and I got his job because I had some damn sense about me. Still, I don't know which way it could go.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by kyred]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join