It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make Ghetto Wine!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
For all you out there who want to make your own booze, like me, but are too cheap to buy a wine press, and all the proper equipment, like me!

Needed:

2 cans frozen grape concentrate
water
8 cups of sugar
4 packs of yeast
1 gallon milk jug
1 balloon

Process:

Thaw the 2 cans of grape concentrate. Pour into 1 gallon milk jug. Use empty grape concentrate containers to add water. Add 2 cans of water for every 1 can of grape concentrate added. Pour in yeast and sugar. Shake until yeast has dissolved. Poke 4-5 pin holes in top of balloon. Stretch over opening of milk jug. Put container in warm place (75-80 degrees fahrenheit) for 4-5 weeks. Ballooon will rise during fermentation. When balloon is fully risen, your homemade Ghetto Booze is ready to party!

Good Luck!

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
How do you know if it's gone bad? Serious question?
Also, can you use regular grape juice or any other kind of juice? Interesting recipe. Thanks for sharing it. !!

:w:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Never had that problem. The only problem I had was that I didn't add enough sugar or yeast, and the batch came out tasting like grape juice!

I still have a jug sitting that I made 5 months ago. I added extra yeast and sugar, for that special * full* flavor, hehe

Remember: yeast devours sugar, and turns into alcohol. The more yeast and sugar you use, the more potent the batch is.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Interesting, indeed... (yeah, I'mma cheap bastard)

Did you experienced any lost of vision or other side effect after drinking it?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You gotta let it sit for 4-5 weeks??? Damn....i cant wait that long....ill try it tho
....haha

What exactly is the proof of the recipe you gave us, 4 packs of yeast and 8 cups of sugar???

Hows this # taste?? i just had somebody look at the recipe and he says itll tasta like #....how is it??

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
thats because its Ghetto Wine!!! dreamlandmafia its surrposed to taste a smell like crap lol bu all wine smells n taste like crap to me anyway

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
How do you know if it's gone bad? Serious question?
Also, can you use regular grape juice or any other kind of juice? Interesting recipe. Thanks for sharing it. !!

:w:

Yeah, you can use regular grape juice,,,Hell, just about anything with sugar so it'll ferment...I;ve been using apple juice to make my own apple beer for years..

But, here's a tip....avoid ANYTHING with Cranberry juice. I know it mixes well with Vodka, but it DOES NOT ferment well at all/...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There is another way, The way they make it in the pin.

You save oranges over a two month period. Around 200, you try to get everyones. Peal them, break them up, put them in a plastic bag with two gallons of water. While that is fermnating(sp) you save suger, Around two pounds. You wait about a month for the oranges to go bad. Add Three slices of crunched up bread and add the suger to make it come Alive.( it reall looks like it comes alive, like a fish is swimming in it. There you go in two weeks you have hooch.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
weird seeing this thread for today Hubby just picked a gallon of concord grapes and mashed and put with 3 gal. distilled water and yeast, tommorow I am supposed to strain and then add 8 lbs. of sugar to make 5 gal. of wine. we got to let it set for 6-9 weeks however long it takes to stop bubbling and then strain and put in jars and let age. I was hoping for more but the grapes are already drying up, we should have picked them a few weeks ago.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Now that's a worthwhile contribution!!! I want to try it!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I hate to dredge up an old thread......but......

Isn't all this sort of stuff called

Pruno?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
That sounds like the old "stationed in the middle east" recipe, hehe... We used to make it like that (well, our parents did, I was a kid at the time) all the time, hehe...

top topics

join