It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Obama ALREADY Less Popular Than Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

At this rate, Obama's popularity will be rated in negative integers by the time his term ends... and the Democrat majority in Congress will be voted out on their butts and will be looking for new jobs by December 2010.

All of which I find hilarious.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

The people had very little to judge Bush by in Aug. of his first year...He was on vacation for most of it.

Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Seeing as how I don't like either president I guess I'll just leave it at that.
Everybody has faults some are just more useless than others. lol

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
He can always do what Bush did and pull a false flag and invade a country of brown people. That sent his approval skyrocketing to near unanimous.

I dont mean to say Bush actually did those things since they would have happened regardless of who was President but he was the one to directly profit by means of approval and subsequently has been the one to blame for the less aware portion of the population.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

At this rate, Obama's popularity will be rated in negative integers by the time his term ends... and the Democrat majority in Congress will be voted out on their butts and will be looking for new jobs by December 2010.

All of which I find hilarious.

I'd say your avatar is quite appropriate. Of course trends continue at the same level.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well. He has continued the Bush wars and Bush Golden Parachutes so what does he expect. I had hopes for Mr. Obama but they have greatly faded as I see him essentially continuing the Bush legacy. We voted for the wars to end and he is getting us deeper and deeper into a Vietnam like scenario in Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yeah We will see another false flag attack that will be blamed on either white people or brown people. Either way the elite gets their wish and the American people bend over once again and takes it for the team. I can't believe people are still falling for the same crap. Nothing ever changes from president to president. The federal government is only supposed to have the power to provide defense, regulate trade, post office, regulate disputes, diplomacy, & not much more to be honest. Nothing ever changes seriously I am still getting reamed every month with income taxes and We still have psycopathic killers running this country.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
"We voted for the wars to end and he is getting us deeper and deeper into a Vietnam like scenario in Afghanistan."

Correction, you did not vote for the wars to end. You voted for a liar and a fraud who promised to end the wars. Big difference.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Obama was made into a larger-than-life figure.

Back down to earth was the only direction left for him to go.

But it's about time people saw him for what he is - human. Not great, not godly, just fallable - and a politician at that.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I find your thread title to be somewhat "hilarious" and misleading.

From your CNN link:

A rather surprising finding from the newly released CNN poll. Question three on the national survey of 1,136 adults (which includes an oversample of African-Americans) asks, "Do you consider the first six months of the Obama administration to be a success or a failure?"

Thirty-seven percent (37%) said they believe the Obama administration is a "failure," while 51% consider it a "success" and 11% say it's still "too soon to tell."

An identical question was asked of the Bush administration in an August 2001 CNN/Gallup/USA Today survey. At the time, 56% said the Bush administration was a "success" while only 32% considered it a "failure."

So, it's not that people polled consider Obama more of a failure than Bush, as the poll was comparing to polls done at the same time in Bush's term -- the first six months.

And............ CNN's title is "After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency a 'Failure' Than Bush's."

Of course people would have to read it to know that, right?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just for the record, the people of Iraq and Afghanistan are not "brown"... They're Caucasian. Iraq is the birthplace of Western (Caucasian) Civilization.

But bolstering presidential popularity numbers through military action wasn't invented in the Bush administration, by any means.

Bill Clinton, for instance, deployed more American troops on more useless military ventures than any president in U.S. history, a record that still stands. Every time Clinton's numbers sagged due to his many domestic scandals, he would deploy our troops or launch an illegal missile attack on Iraq or the Sudan, or exhaust our entire cruise missile arsenal on a civil war in Bosnia. The "Flower Child" president was, indeed, quite trigger happy.

Before that, George H. Bush deployed nearly 200,000 American troops to kick Saddam Hussein out of tiny Kuwait, an enormous PR move for the sagging Bush administration. Perhaps he should have gone all the way and overthrown Iraq while he had the chance and the public approval — I think he could have won the 1992 election if he'd just been a little more militaristic.

Before that, Reagan did a lot of saber rattling for 8 years but never actually staged any major military operations, unless you call Grenada a "major" operation. Reagan's approval numbers remained fairly high throughout his presidency because he was just a likeable president, although his powerful vice president probably twisted many arms behind the scenes.

Before that, Carter demonstrated his total ineptitude at military operations, and the American public hated him like poison by the end of his only term. His predecessor, Gerald Ford, couldn't do anything to improve his low approval ratings.

Now, Richard Nixon was a unique president. Many uneducated liberals out there erroneously think Nixon escalated the Vietnam war, but the annual death toll of that war tells a different story. Before he entered the White House, American troops were dying by the tens of thousands in Vietnam, hitting the highest annual death toll of the entire war under the Johnson administration. As soon as Nixon entered the White House in 1969, the combat deaths in Vietnam steadily decreased over the next 3 years, and Nixon's public approval ratings were high enough to get him re-elected in 1972. Except for the Watergate Scandal, Nixon may have gone down in the history books as one of our greatest presidents, believe it or not.

Lyndon Johnson entered the presidency by default, you may recall, when JFK was assassinated in 1963, and he was actually elected to the office less than a year later, still riding the wave of JFK sympathy. Overshadowing his questionable contributions to the public welfare, Johnson escalated the Vietnam war into a meat-grinder for American troops, and he was rightly despised by the American public by the end of his term in 1968.

JFK, of course, came into the office as a hero of WWII, and his public approval was never higher than when he was spouting off patriotic Americanisms. If he had lived, he would have undoubtedly been re-elected in 1964, meaning that JFK would have had to deal with the escalation in Vietnam. I do seriously doubt that JFK's public approval would have survived that war.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
I find your thread title to be somewhat "hilarious" and misleading.

Nothing misleading about it. I did not state that the majority of Americans think Obama is a failure. I said: "Obama already less popular than Bush"... Which is an entirely accurate statement, based on the CNN poll.

— Doc Velocity

top topics

join